You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthijs de Ligt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matthijs de Ligt

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 am

Man City favourites to sign (another) £50m defender ahead of Arsenal & Bayern Munich – report [source]
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby BayernFL117 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Would've been great to snatch him up for 20 mil but City does need players every transfer window to throw ludicrous amounts of oil money at :coffee:
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Roonzil » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm

The source said our scouts were at the Amsterdam Arena to watch him....the game was in Eindhoven.
Tells you all you need to know about the source. :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Bayern Munich have lodged an offer for Ajax defender and reported Barcelona-target Matthijs de Ligt, according to reports in the Spanish press. [source]
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am

What I read is that De Ligt does not want to join Barcelona because he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I think that automatically rules out FC Bayern then... I don't think I'd be biased to say that he'd have a bigger chance breaking into the Barcelona XI than into the Bayern one. Süle is at least as good as Umtiti, if not slightly better. Mina and Vermaelen lag behind.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:03 am

He'll join Liverpool, an ideal place to play along with his countryman van Dijk.

De Ligt is very interesting young defender, bu as Mutu said, we are already too covered with Hummels, Boa and Süle where our 4th choice should be someone from U-23, U-19, etc.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 am

FCB general wrote:He'll join Liverpool, an ideal place to play along with his countryman van Dijk.

De Ligt is very interesting young defender, bu as Mutu said, we are already too covered with Hummels, Boa and Süle where our 4th choice should be someone from U-23, U-19, etc.

... and for all we know, Martinez will play in defence again next season under Kovac.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:39 am

MUTU wrote:... and for all we know, Martinez will play in defence again next season under Kovac.

We don't know that. We know what media shít around and that's it. I hope Kovač won't be that stupid to repeat extremely stupid mistakes from Jupp's predecessors and that his eyes are open all this season to see where Martinez has been playing.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 am

Bayern has long been in contact with Matthijs de Ligt. [@cfbayern]

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Joshgod » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 pm

MUTU wrote:What I read is that De Ligt does not want to join Barcelona because he doesn't want to sit on the bench.

Which team amongst the interested ones (Barcelona, Bayern, Liverpool, Man City) is going to offer a 19 year old from Ajax a guaranteed first team contract? Even though Liverpool could take that risk they won't, since Van Dijk joined they've formed a good partnership with Lovren (who gets paid A LOT of money on weekly wages). He brought Matip last year and I don't see Klopp getting rid of him this year, he hasn't been bad.
Barcelona, though, can give him more playing time since their third option is Vermaelen who's not that good.

In my point of view, I don't see any of the interested teams offering him a first team contract, he is too young. If he proves to be as good in a higher level then he will earn his spot, but I don't think he'll be offered one.
Joshgod
Getting the hang of it

Postby xevi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 pm

The information comes from mundo deportivo and the journalists that sign the report are serious. In fact they talk about that was salihamidzic who ask about the player.

So we may not sign de ligt but we are looking for a CB for next season what would leave open javi returning to defencd this season or we really want a 4rth CB with javi as DM
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Well, there is non-zero probability that Kovac would want to play with a back 3, which would require more CBs. If Kovac has said this to the board, it would be natural for them to be on the lookout.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:54 pm

If we're going to be playing with a 3-man backline, and Martinez in midfield, we'll need to buy probably 2 central defenders, or maybe 1 and use Goetze.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby soul-railgun777 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 pm

MUTU wrote:If we're going to be playing with a 3-man backline, and Martinez in midfield, we'll need to buy probably 2 central defenders, or maybe 1 and use Goetze.

Who is better Felix Götze or Lars Lukas Mai?
soul-railgun777
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Isabella » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:44 pm

MUTU wrote:What I read is that De Ligt does not want to join Barcelona because he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I think that automatically rules out FC Bayern then... I don't think I'd be biased to say that he'd have a bigger chance breaking into the Barcelona XI than into the Bayern one. Süle is at least as good as Umtiti, if not slightly better. Mina and Vermaelen lag behind.

You had it totally wrong. The meaning of the real statement of De Ligt is who he do not want go to Barca because he felt he would have (almost) zero playtime there. He doesn’t want always sit on the bench and Bayern need a fourth CB able to replace Hummels (playing Süle and Boateng together is always a risk) plus is not unlikely who Kovac will play with a back three sometimes so another good CB is needed and a young talented one like De Light is better
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News