You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mateo Kovačić

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Mateo Kovačić

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:02 am

I don't think the buying option is just 29M.

I'm pretty sure it's more like 50M. If those 25-30 were true then we should get him IMO But I'm afraid he would cost much more than that
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 am

Fénix wrote:No.

6 years too late with him and Bayern. He isn't going to become a world-class player, though. He is no longer marked as a future star and leader in our midfield as he was 6-7 years ago.

Not to mention the source is so pathetic to put Bayern in the same context with Inter.
He will most probably go back to inter
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't think the buying option is just 29M.

I'm pretty sure it's more like 50M. If those 25-30 were true then we should get him IMO But I'm afraid he would cost much more than that

They aren't, maybe for Italian clubs become realistic.

What I've read in Spanish AS 3-4 weeks ago, Pérez already defined asking prices for James Rodríguez and Mateo Kovačić.

In case the Colombian midfielder doesn't stay in München and returns to Madrid, he is completely unwanted by Zidane and the club will ask for 60 million euros.
The bottom price is set to 50 million euros for James while Mateo Kovačić's asking price is set to 50 million euros as well.

AS: Florentino quiere recibir mínimo 50 millones por James Rodríguez [source]

El Confidencial: Las cuentas de Florentino Pérez para recaudar 150 millones [source]

La idea de Florentino es ingresar 100 millones con la salida de Kovacic y James, una cifra que no es descabellada viendo cómo está el mercado

ramsej84 wrote:He will most probably go back to inter

Today Croatian media mentioned Inter, Roma and no more no less but a new player in the game - Sevilla.

Monchi who is officially returning to Andalusia on April 1 2019 marked him as a club target.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Achilles » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 am

Fénix wrote:No.
6 years too late with him and Bayern. He isn't going to become a world-class player, though. He is no longer marked as a future star and leader in our midfield as he was 6-7 years ago.
Not to mention the source is so pathetic to put Bayern in the same context with Inter.

You're right, I remember you and me having this discussion about Kovacis to Bayern a couple of years ago and we both agreed that it would be a great move for a reasonable price however in 2 years things changed dramatically.

TBH if we can sign him for €30-40m being Thiago's back up I'd be satisfied but I don't going from RM bench to Bayern? Will he accept that? I don't think so...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:54 am

Achilles wrote:TBH if we can sign him for €30-40m being Thiago's back up I'd be satisfied but I don't going from RM bench to Bayern? Will he accept that? I don't think so...

Of course he isn't going to accept that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The most obvious and only reason why he literally ran away from Real Madrid and joined Chelsea is exactly his big frustration because in 3 seasons he still hasn't become a regular first-team player nor Modrić's successor at Real Madrid and his playing time significantly decreased last season compared to the earlier one(17/18) while in top priority matches he was nowhere near the pitch. Last season he was among top 6 players with least playing time. Spanish young talents such as Llorente, Ceballos, Theo or reserve GK were his 'company'. :D

Let's just mention that he didn't play a second in all 3 CL finals for Real Madrid and in the last season's final he wasn't even on the bench but on the stadium stands.
In Russia 2018 he was a 5th midfielder behind Modrić, Rakitić, Brozović and Badelj. Mateo didn't play a second in both World Cup semifinal and final.
That all fücked up him big time last summer, he became extremely disappointed, even angry, but truth to be told - he had screwed himself when he moved from Inter to Real Madrid even though he didn't manage to become a regular first-team player in Nerazzurri kit, either.

He lost so many years and now people in Croatia consider him as an alibi player. Now aged 24(in May he shall be 25), I believe he can still come up with something, step up and improve a bit, but honestly... He should have been better than Modrić by now, even 3 years ago, having in mind he was labelled as a bigger talent back in 2010 and his performance at the age of 18 at Dinamo Zagreb was far better than it was from Modrić who was playing on loan in BiH for Zrinjski Mostar.
He was supposed to be very dominant central and attacking midfielder and an upgrade to Modrić in every single aspect, but now Mateo can only dream to reach 60% of what Modrić is even at the age of 34.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Coman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Too bad he is injury prone. He is a nice player.
Neuer (Ulreich)
Kimmich (Rafinha) - Süle(Martinez) - Hummels (Boateng) - Alaba (Rafinha)
Goretzka(Tolisso) - Thiago (Sanches)
Robben (Gnabry) - James (Müller) - Coman (Ribéry)
Lewandowski (Wagner)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 pm

I see him more like a Schweinsteiger kind of player.

--------------- Lewandowski -----------
Coman ---------- James ----------- Gnabry
----------- Kovacic --- Thiago -----------
Alaba ------ Lucas --- Süle----- Kimmich
----------------- Neuer -------------------
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Coman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:31 pm

He makes me think of Verratti.
Neuer (Ulreich)
Kimmich (Rafinha) - Süle(Martinez) - Hummels (Boateng) - Alaba (Rafinha)
Goretzka(Tolisso) - Thiago (Sanches)
Robben (Gnabry) - James (Müller) - Coman (Ribéry)
Lewandowski (Wagner)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News