You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:46 pm

MUTU wrote:Please stop disrespecting the greatest footballer in this club's history.

Interesting, why do you think so? I think Ribery or Lahm would have the edge.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Machiavellico » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:57 pm

I'll always condone the idea of to each his own.

But, as MUTU said, this thread is a huge disrespect towards Neuer. Have we already forgotten the mad saves he pulled this season? Have we already forgotten the number of times this season he saved the ass of possibly the worst defense Bayern had in the past 15 years? Have we already forgotten how he single handedly kept Spurs from scoring 3 more in the first half of what's considered our best match this season? Have we already forgotten how, up until Davies' surge of great games, only Neuer and Lewa were constantly good for us? And this is not to mention all of his achievements prior to that damn injury.
Yet you all cling on to one average season he had after a year long injury, an average season off of which he has IMPECCABLY bounced with an extraordinary season. At least I like to think that the reason why anyone would want Neuer gone would be that average season. Because if anyone wants Neuer gone based on his performances this season and believes that an utterly unproven 23 yo is as good a choice as him, sheesh, with all due respect, y'all really need to get your eyes checked.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Please stop disrespecting the greatest footballer in this club's history.

He's the closest to getting a consensus as being the best of all time in his position, in my opinion. Lahm is close behind though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

He's the closest to getting a consensus as being the best of all time in his position, in my opinion. Lahm is close behind though.

To be fair, all three would make my all-time world XI, but I don't know if there was or there will ever be a better and more complete true winger than Ribery. So that puts him on top IMO.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Given the direction this thread has taken, let it be said I firmly believe he is the best GK ever.

However, he is not the superman he once was even if he still pulls off fantastic saves sometimes. I would like him to retire here, and at the very least I definitely want to see at least one season with both Neuer and Nübel, but I no longer think it would be the end of the world if he leaves, and the quicker Nübel becomes number one, the quicker he will reach the level we need him to be at, I believe (conversely, if Neuer stays here for too long, we might have another Rensing).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
He is trying to make it more difficult with these latest demands.
More than two years... give me a break
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 am

Nothing that I didn't expect to see from Neuer. He won't decrease anything as a GK or make any compromises. It's all or nothing when you're captain of 2 German teams and their no. 1.

We wanted to keep Kahn for one more year, but he said stop in 2008 when he was about to become 39 yo.

The same is expected in Neuer's case. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:01 am

Don't know whether this has made the international news, or whether it has been ignored here as gossip, but from the German media it's pretty clear that Neuer wants a divorce from his wife Nina. Apparently he's already moved out of their home.

This could factor into his contract extension demands, as well as into his willingness to move abroad. IMO he won't make big compromises regarding his wage demands, and upheavals like that in his private life make it more likely that he would seriously consider leaving Munich.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:16 am

I've never heard of it until now when you've posted this info here. Over the last 6 month I was rarely reading TZ and Bild, but I've seen just now on TZ who quoted this story from Bild+ and I must say I'm surprised and apparently it's been a hot topic for the last 3-4 months within the Neuer family.

I don't know what to think except this private stuff might affect player's career, but I'm not sure Manuel could decide for radical changes, only in case that the Nübel issue becomes very worrying or the German really wants a new challenge at the end of his career somewhere abroad (Juventus or Manchester United).

Either way, I can respect his decision to leave in all cases, but I know if Manuel decides to stay, he'll go for all or nothing at FC Bayern.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:29 am

RedQueen wrote:Don't know whether this has made the international news, or whether it has been ignored here as gossip, but from the German media it's pretty clear that Neuer wants a divorce from his wife Nina. Apparently he's already moved out of their home.

This could factor into his contract extension demands, as well as into his willingness to move abroad. IMO he won't make big compromises regarding his wage demands, and upheavals like that in his private life make it more likely that he would seriously consider leaving Munich.

Yeah, I saw a quote today about from Bild...

"Die Trennung scheint für den Fussballer jedoch endgültig zu sein. Nach BILD-Information machte Manuel Neuer am Montag im kleinen Kreis beim FC Bayern reinen Tisch. Beim Regenerationstraining soll er in der Kabine einigen Mitspielern gesagt haben, 'Ja, es stimmt, wir sind getrennt. Aber im Guten und wir reden meteinander normal'"
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:52 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

This is too much from Neuer, he has to chill out a bit
I would back him up if he was in absolutely top form but he has decreased(still high level though) so until he proves me that he is still the undeniable #1 GK in the world and can single-handely give us point and KO wins I can't stand next to him as a fan blocking Nubel's playing time and stay with him 3 more years(36-y by then) without any evidence of his old supernatural self. He demands Lewandowski but Robert is our No.1 star and leader since 2017 and proves every season, every weekend with his performances. Neuer is stuck on one Leipzig Pokal final wonder performance, not enough to demand such things. Let him perform accordingly in the late CL stages and Bundesliga now that we're behind a worthy opponent(RBL) and we'll see.

I love & respect Neuer just like I did with Lahm & Basti just like Robbery but right now he has only survived after his injury only due to his status rather comeback performances. He is still very good but we're talking Neuer level here...

Two year extension, raise and fair battle with Nubel(all Pokal games) for Neuer unless he carry us into the CL knock-outs.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:21 am

He wants to leave. Just let him go.
50million and Tschuss
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 am

ramsej84 wrote:Who cares? ... he knows best....
A man of weak character...
A captain that never speaks...
A keeper who is terrified from comp both existing and potential
A keeper who should have asked the coach not to call him up for the Russian World cup after a full season out of the game and with ter stegen having just had a tremendous season for barca.

Coming from the same guy that gets triggered when someone criticises a club legend?
Let alone the same guy, that defended Kovac to death, probably the Bayern coach with the weakest character in the last 20 years :lol:
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News