You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Malcom [Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Malcom [Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira]

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Brazilian media outlet UOL Esporte insist Spurs have made the first move for Malcom,but their offer of 34M. is knocked back. [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm

It's great that we took Goretzka, but we definately need at least a top class winger next season. Who would be better than Malcom in the current market? Maybe nobody... except Draxler... there signals are that P.S.G wants to let him leave next summer. But with the World Cup, a deal won't be possible deal until the August when he comes from vacation, so, because of this I think Bayern will have a good player on the wings from July, if not already from the begining of the training. I'm betting all my money on Malcom. When we compete with with Man.Utd we always defeat them on the market. I'm not concerned at all by Spurs or Arsenal... It has to be Malcom.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Min » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Super player. I am all for him!!! Number 2 option would be: Nabil Fekir; number 3: Thomas Lemar. Griezmann or Dybala unrealistic for us.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby kingbayern » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:10 pm

i might sound bais but leon bailey should be an option
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:32 am

kingbayern wrote:i might sound bais but leon bailey should be an option

Bailey only makes sense if we get rid of Coman. Their styles of play are too similar.

Of course, Bailey is arguably more talented than Coman, but on the other hand Coman is already on contract with us and we don't have to pay a ton of money to bring him here.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Oggy121 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 am

Manchu wrote:
kingbayern wrote:i might sound bais but leon bailey should be an option

Bailey only makes sense if we get rid of Coman. Their styles of play are too similar.

Of course, Bailey is arguably more talented than Coman, but on the other hand Coman is already on contract with us and we don't have to pay a ton of money to bring him here.

Coman is right-footed, Bailey is left-footed and his finished skill is better than Coman's.
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it

Postby Pelin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:59 am

We don't need to replace Coman, we just need a competitor for him. Brandt/Gnabry will be good. instead, we must focus on RW. Bailey also can play as RW. Yet playing in Leverkusen and Bayern are different things. Regarding Malcom, he looked like a D.Costa to me with better scoring contribution, it's hard to judge his football lQ and his ability in deep areas without watching him properly, which l didn't.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:20 am

Oggy121 wrote:Coman is right-footed, Bailey is left-footed and his finished skill is better than Coman's.

Exactly. The main differences between them come out to Coman is better with his weak foot and Bailey is much better at actually scoring goals and occasionally actually receives the ball in good positions. That is not enough difference to justify having both of them. We can't put fast wingers whose solution to every problem is to try to dribble through it on both wings. That would make our play far too easy to defend against.

Remember, Bailey is doing very well as part of an attacking midfield line together with Havetz and Brandt. Each of these three players offers something very different to the team, and it works very well despite the fact that all three players are 21 or younger as Leverkusen has scored 34 goals this season, the third most of any team in the Bundesliga. There is no guarantee that Bailey will be so effective if we stick him in an unvaried offense.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Oggy121 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm

I think Bayern should sign a winger who often cuts inside and scores from long range to relace Robben. In my opinion, there are 4 players can do that:
- Sane: amazing speed. Have played in Schalke 04, Man city and die Mannschalft so he will integrate easily. There is only one problem, Man city has no reason to sell him. He was in conflict with Bruyne in last match, may we have a chance :?:
- Bailey: like Sane, he has incredible speed. Players join Bayern from Leverkusen are often successful like Lucio, Ze Roberto, Ballack :D Jupp Heynckes also join Bayern from Leverkusen.
- Lemar: he doesn't have amazing speed like Sane or Bailey but he is more skillfull. He is very good at taking set-pieces, his passing and shooting skills are also good. French players will help him integrate. His style is something similar to James. However, Monaco will not sell him at low price.
- Malcom: good at speed also dribble skill but this is very risky signing. Not sure he will play well at Bayern. Sagnol brought him to Bordeaux, he may help Bayern
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Oggy121 wrote:I think Bayern should sign a winger who often cuts inside and scores from long range to relace Robben. In my opinion, there are 4 players can do that:
- Sane: amazing speed. Have played in Schalke 04, Man city and die Mannschalft so he will integrate easily. There is only one problem, Man city has no reason to sell him. He was in conflict with Bruyne in last match, may we have a chance :?:

Well,i just can't see this happening.Conflicts do not matter in this high level,just remember how many conflicts we had in the last years..I agree on the other thigs.

- Bailey: like Sane, he has incredible speed. Players join Bayern from Leverkusen are often successful like Lucio, Ze Roberto, Ballack :D Jupp Heynckes also join Bayern from Leverkusen.

Jonas Boldt insists any club pursuing Bailey would be wasting their time. He told Kicker: ‘Well now the time starts again when there is some insane [transfer] talk.’ ‘There is no offer for Leon. We have absolutely no thought of selling him. ‘He has a contract until 2022 – and we are on the driver’s seat.’ But still i think he is going to be the next player who will succeed,but not in Bayern.He will choose between Arsenal/Chelsea.

- Lemar: he doesn't have amazing speed like Sane or Bailey but he is more skillfull. He is very good at taking set-pieces, his passing and shooting skills are also good. French players will help him integrate. His style is something similar to James. However, Monaco will not sell him at low price.

Monaco said that they are not going to sell before this season and we saw what happened with Mbappe,Bakayoko and Mendy.They said the same thing for Lemar,but it's looking like he is the next one.From this list he is the most complete one,without doubt.I don't think that he will cost too much,since his contract is until 2020,not 22 or 23;Probably something around 55-65M should be OK.

- Malcom: good at speed also dribble skill but this is very risky signing. Not sure he will play well at Bayern. Sagnol brought him to Bordeaux, he may help Bayern

Not sure why you said "very risky signing".There is a risk in every transfer.We're not going to take him directly from Brazil,he is doing his thing every week in France,it's time to finally bring one brazilian who is going to develop at Bayern.You forgot to say that he is the player with the most powerfull left foot in this list,also he is the only one who can use his right foot almost as good as his left;The sky is the limit for the kid.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Oggy121 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:32 pm

I like Malcom but there is a lot of difference between play in Bordeaux and Bayern, especially for attack player. You see Bakayoko, Marouane Chamakh, Batshuayi. Defenders in Ligue 1 are at lower level than others in BL, Serie A, PL and Laliga
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Malcom looks promising and all but I don't know about his work-rate, looks like a footballer who just waits for the ball to do his thing, that's a major disadvantage playing for Bayern but sure it's something that can be taught and fixed, he is a Brazilian though...

One of Draxler-Malcom will be welcomed by me for the RW position, both of them and Muller are a downgrade to Robben but they have the potential to reach his level while Muller in the last games was phenomenal as an inside forward(?) he was crucial if that's a way to replace the right flank then I'm OK but I still prefer an inverted-technical winger to work on with Kimmich.

P.S: Sane is a waste of time talking about him, he is the future for Man. City and he plays regularly, they don't sell, they don't need money, end of story
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Oggy121 wrote:I like Malcom but there is a lot of difference between play in Bordeaux and Bayern, especially for attack player. You see Bakayoko, Marouane Chamakh, Batshuayi. Defenders in Ligue 1 are at lower level than others in BL, Serie A, PL and Laliga

Bakayoko is never going to score bunch of goals,Chamakh is a big joke,he was never brought to be a starter;he can't replace players like van Persie,Walcott,Gervinho (in 2011 and 12) he can't do it even now;Mishy is currently scoring scoring a goal in every 89 minutes this season (20 games -9 goals 1 assist );in the last season Costa was the leader in Chelsea,and Batshuayi just don't get minutes,BUT still managed to score 5 goals in 225 minutes !!
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:24 am

https://statsbomb.com/2018/01/how-good-is-malcom/

So this guy essentially sounds like a younger Costa. No thank you.

According to the article (which is from some quite accurate people if you know their track record), this guy wouldn't even make the X11 at Tottenham...

We're better off leaving Müller on the RW (which actually compliments Kimmich better than an inverted winger, since Kimmich likes to go into midfield instead of hugging the line), and giving the 10 spot to James.

In general I'm against buying crappy wingers just cause they can dribble. If we had gotten Sané, I would have been happy, but the likes of this guy...? Nah. We're better off with Müller and adapting the tactics to make it work.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

We need another winger nevertheless... Even Müller is injured sometimes...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News