You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Malcom [Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Malcom [Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira]

Postby Coman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - James Thiago Goretzka - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
Ulreich - Rafinha Martinez Süle Meier- Müller Tolisso Sanches - Coman Wagner Ribéry
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:35 pm

does anyone have goalimpact stats on him ?
All I know is he was a beast in FM and they have a good track record
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:37 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I'm not sold on signing Malcom. I've been watching him on YouTube (I know that's not the best way to judge a player) and reading articles on him on the web for some time and I think he's too similar to Douglas Costa. What scares me as well is that he's Brazilian. Not that I'm against Brazilians, but they tend to take a long time to adjust to life in Germany, if they do at all. Although Malcom has played and lived in France for just over two years. For the price the media has reported, Malcom could be a more financial fiasco then Renato Sanches has been so far.

If this rumor is true, then I think Willy Sagnol has played a major role in Malcom's scouting and conversations with the Bordeaux board. He was the manager when Malcom was bought to Bordeaux and coached him for a while.

I think we need a more pacey winger then Malcom. I'm more sold on Florian Thauvin. He plays the same position, but his offensive stats are much better. The wing positions is so important for Bayern's play that we must get this summer wing signing right. Coman is our future at left wing, I'm not sold on Malcom as our future at the right wing.

more pacey ? the guy has great pace, it one of his best attributes
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Sure Costa may have a mentality problem,

To me Costa mostly likely had an attitude problem.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:03 pm

From the videos and clips I've seen on the net, he's not that fast. He has a great acceleration from stand still to 10-15 meters, but then his speed decreases a lot, just like Douglas Costa.

Also, I want Bayern to buy an almost finished product as our Robben replacement. Buying an 21 year old Brazilian is not a finished product. Buying an 25-26 year old player that has played several seasons at top level is. Are you guys ready to wait 2 or more seasons for Malcom to settle in at Bayern? I'm not. We spent 35 million on a teenager in Renato Sanches and that's not going well. Sanches is the same age as Malcom (born in 1997). Although Malcom has gotten more playing time over the last two seasons and has a higher stock value today, I'm not convinced spending 50-60 million Euro on an potential star. I want an established star as our Robben replacement.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Willy Sagnol: "I brought Malcom to Bordeaux from Brazil in January 2016. He came to France with big pressure because we paid 5 million for him. Bordeaux want to sell him in the summer because they want money. He is so fast with amazing technique, and he can still develop"
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:08 pm

gumboduncan wrote:From the videos and clips I've seen on the net, he's not that fast. He has a great acceleration from stand still to 10-15 meters, but then his speed decreases a lot, just like Douglas Costa.

Also, I want Bayern to buy an almost finished product as our Robben replacement. Buying an 21 year old Brazilian is not a finished product. Buying an 25-26 year old player that has played several seasons at top level is. Are you guys ready to wait 2 or more seasons for Malcom to settle in at Bayern? I'm not. We spent 35 million on a teenager in Renato Sanches and that's not going well. Sanches is the same age as Malcom (born in 1997). Although Malcom has gotten more playing time over the last two seasons and has a higher stock value today, I'm not convinced spending 50-60 million Euro on an potential star. I want an established star as our Robben replacement.

So do I, but Hazard and Neymar are €200m a piece so that's not happening. Salah and Mané are about €100m probably. At our stinginess range, our only options are young players.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Dont think you could get Salah or Mane for 100M
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Coman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:10 pm

gumboduncan wrote:From the videos and clips I've seen on the net, he's not that fast. He has a great acceleration from stand still to 10-15 meters, but then his speed decreases a lot, just like Douglas Costa.

Dortmund had to wait with Dembelé ?
PSG had to wait with Verratti ?
Man City had to wait with Sané ?

It's not because some failed that they all will fail.
Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - James Thiago Goretzka - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
Ulreich - Rafinha Martinez Süle Meier- Müller Tolisso Sanches - Coman Wagner Ribéry
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:24 pm

I really doubt Liverpool would sell Mane or Salah for anything below 120M. Players who are already shining for big clubs are not in our market unless they play in BL.

On the other hand, Malcom IS a realistic transfer and I would say Griezmann might be a realistic transfer as well as his release clause in summer is 100M. But I think he will join ManU
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Coman wrote:

I agree with those players. Dortmund is well known for playing young players, they've done that for years. We are not that good at playing young players. Few have made it, many have not. His first season at PSG, Verratti wasn't exactly lighting the league on fire. It took him one-two seasons to become a first team regular. Sané had a tough first season at City.

Only one of those names was bought for substantial amount of money. That's Sané. Dembele and Verratti were just over 10 million Euro. You can wait one or two seasons if you buy players for that kind of money. You don't wait one or two seasons for 50-60 million type of a player.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:33 pm

aaaaaa wrote:Willy Sagnol: "I brought Malcom to Bordeaux from Brazil in January 2016. He came to France with big pressure because we paid 5 million for him. Bordeaux want to sell him in the summer because they want money. He is so fast with amazing technique, and he can still develop"

The bayern board and the rest of the crews are probably the best at business connections, and we are so good at using our connections to make things happens. That's why we get good deals and Manure pays 100m for some trash.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:56 pm

gumboduncan wrote:
Coman wrote:

I agree with those players. Dortmund is well known for playing young players, they've done that for years. We are not that good at playing young players. Few have made it, many have not. His first season at PSG, Verratti wasn't exactly lighting the league on fire. It took him one-two seasons to become a first team regular. Sané had a tough first season at City.

Only one of those names was bought for substantial amount of money. That's Sané. Dembele and Verratti were just over 10 million Euro. You can wait one or two seasons if you buy players for that kind of money. You don't wait one or two seasons for 50-60 million type of a player.

The market has changed a lot since than
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I don't understand how "being similar to Douglas Costa" has been cited so many times about Malcom as a bad indication. From an ability perspective, Costa is a stunning player.

Sure Costa may have a mentality problem, and he doesn't have the best footballing intelligence to make best use of his skills. But if you see Malcom similar to Costa in being great 1-on-1, very fast, rocket shot (Malcom even better), good crossing, then by all accounts these are all good signs. Just because Müller who has no footballing skills whatsoever is a super intelligent player, doesn't mean a player with footballing skills are stupid... Like what the hell are you guys thinking.
Douglas Costa is actually a very limited player skills-wise. His "dribbling" is pure athletism; pushing the ball a couple of meters away and getting there faster than his opponent. That's is nothing like what Messi or Neymar do, and Ribery or Robben did.

Powerful but innacurate crosses are useless. Powerful long shots are not a positive in my book either, those are low-probability chances thus lead more often than not to just waste the ball.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 pm

http://global.espn.com/football/soccer- ... lly-sagnol

"He is more like Robben as a player than Ribery. He is not that quick but has great technique. I did receive some flak in France because I had paid €5 million for an 18-year-old, but looking at it today, it's a real bargain -- and he has far from reached the end of his development as a player."

Here Willy Sagnol is talking about Malcom and his lack of speed. Willy is really high on him though. This is an article from yesterday
Last edited by gumboduncan on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News