You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lucas Vázquez [Lucas Vázquez Iglesias]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Lucas Vázquez [Lucas Vázquez Iglesias]

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I would take Lucas and Asensio in a heartbeat

Also Lucas might not be a 100% starter, but his playing time shows he is not far from it

prasun77 wrote:Xabi..we have Gnabry,Davies and Coman.

We need 1 more winger but he has to be a World class winger.

While 4 players for 2 spots might seem enough, Coman and Gnabry are VERY injury prone. We've been short in terms of attack in the last... 4-5 seasons? Are we gonna repeat the same mistake over and over gain?

Not to mention Davies is a young talent coming from MLS so we don't know what his full potential is.

Lucas Vazquez has been involved in 27 games over the last 3 CL seasons. He has featured in finals, scored in penalty shoot outs and delivered when it mattered.
And just over 4 years ago he was an amateur. That would be OK if we were talking about a 22 year old, but he is 27. We just sold a younger co-national who is basically a mirror image of Vazquez (left side instead of right side) and has played in just 2 NT matches less than Vazquez, but he has a year to catch up.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby prasun77 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 pm

I see a point in Xabi's argument that 4 players may not suffice in our case on the wings but what I was thinking is..

After we sign 1 world class winger then any new winger we approach will clearly see that we are already having 4 wingers and 1 of them is a sure starter so he will refrain from signing..the vice versa is a bigger disaster..

If Vazquez comes knowing and accepting this and at a reasonable price then he is more than welcome..

I was thinking that apart from the 4 wingers , if we are struggling, then James can play there for the big matches. In bundesliga we might give some minutes to Shabani, who I like very much, I think he has it in him.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 pm

MUTU wrote: We just sold a younger co-national who is basically a mirror image of Vazquez (left side instead of right side) and has played in just 2 NT matches less than Vazquez, but he has a year to catch up.

OK, so by reading this I will assume you have no clue who Lucas Vazquez is because calling Bernat a mirror image of him is like calling Van Buyten a mirror image of Lewandowski. Not only because they play different positions, but because the quality and relevance to their clubs of both players.

I will put a video of his 2018 season highlights as a refresher. Just remember all those skills are in La Liga and Champions League, not in some average European league with questionable defending

2017/2018
33 La Liga appearances
10 CL
5 Copa del Rey
2 Club World Cup
2 Spanish Super Cup
1 Uefa Super Cup

2016/2017
33 La Liga
10 CL
4 Copa del Rey
2 Club World Cup
1 Uefa Super Cup

2015/2016
25 La Liga
7 CL
1 Copa del Rey

I realy don't think we are talking abour your average bench player
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News