You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leroy Sané

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

What do you think of this possible transfer?

Leroy Sané must be bought at all costs
26%
Only if the price is right
46%
Only to get one over Guardiola
8%
We don't really need him NOW
16%
We won't need him in 2017
4%

Total votes : 50

Re: Leroy Sané

Postby FCB general » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:08 am

Agüero covers ST position and I believe that Iheanacho can't overtake his position except if Guardiola is going to rotate. Sané is out of that competition.
Nolito and De Bruyne are safe starters to me while Sterling and Navas aren't in that situation even before Guardiola's arrival they weren't. Silva is probably the biggest enigma to me since I barely watched some games before, especially now when they have a lot of options on wings and CAM.

They are covered in all positions. Nolito/Sterling, De Bruyne/Silva, Navas/Sané, Agüero/Iheanacho.

Next summer I see City focusing on their fullbacks who are all at least 30 yo or more and increasing width in defensive and central midfield with Guardiola type of players and adding 1-2 CBs.

Sané can count on playing time in England; 38 PL matchdays, two cups and the CL.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Love Sane / Hate Guardiola. I'd gladly sacrifice Sane for not having Guardiola back.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Ed. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:Love Sane / Hate Guardiola. I'd gladly sacrifice Sane for not having Guardiola back.

That my friend is a clear example of cutting your nose to spite your face.

Guardiola had his flaws but he's adapted after Bayern and is a far less tactically rigid manager now.
Also, he wanted Neymar and Bayern gave him Goteze....
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Ed. wrote:Also, he wanted Neymar and Bayern gave him Goteze....

Well, no shit.

Make me the next Bayern manager. I'll want Cristiano Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, De Gea, Messi, Dybala, Pogba and Varane. After I leave you can talk about how I wanted those players and how well I'd have fared if Bayern bought the players I requested.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Ed. wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:Love Sane / Hate Guardiola. I'd gladly sacrifice Sane for not having Guardiola back.

That my friend is a clear example of cutting your nose to spite your face.

Guardiola had his flaws but he's adapted after Bayern and is a far less tactically rigid manager now.
Also, he wanted Neymar and Bayern gave him Goteze....

Götze back then was promising as a German Messi. Nobody would know things would work out the way it is now. The thing is I don't hate Guardiola as a person I hate his game/tactics. I like attacking football especially with the wing game. I'd have Guardiola as a friend but not as a coach to my club. By the way I don't care what or who Guardiola wanted he had a team that dominated Europe. Robben/Neuer/Ribery/Lahm were on their primes. If Heynckes to stay at Bayern could easily keep dominating Europe. Not losing in the Semis or Quarters. We all know how we lost the 12' cup. I wasn't even watching Bayern games when Guardiola was present and it started with Lahm being the midfielder. I said "WTF" and turned off the TV. Not even gonna talk about Kroos situation.

The main issue is hiring someone who designed the team you just won 7-0 in agg. I still can't believe how stupid one can get.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Ed. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 pm

MUTU wrote:

Well, no shit.

Make me the next Bayern manager. I'll want Cristiano Ronaldo, Mbappe, Neymar, De Gea, Messi, Dybala, Pogba and Varane. After I leave you can talk about how I wanted those players and how well I'd have fared if Bayern bought the players I requested.

Well, that's a a bit of a kneejerk post Mutu and a really bad comparison with Guardiola. Bad day at the office? :D
As seen at City, he does not assemble a squad of outright super stars. He' identifies tier1 players that he wants and Man city then pays whatever it takes to get them for him.

Neymar to Bayern back then was never going to happen even if the Board was interested because of the complexity of the transfer.

The point I was making was he did not have complete freedom at Bayern in terms of squad & transfers. No legitimate Bayern supporter (that includes me) wanted him to have that kind of autonomy for fear of undermining the German core at Bayern and also because of his tactical inflexibility.

Without the first 2 constraints, he has now flourished at City. City do not care if their first X1 could have no Englishman and in my opinion he no longer is a 1 trick pony and has added much more to his tactics board. City at their peak now are a much better unit than Bayern were at their peak under Guardiola. I am unbiased enough to admit that.

I was glad to seem him leave because his stubbornness did damage us in 2 CL semfinal knockouts, but I am not vindictive enough to not admit it is absolutely fantastic watching his City side play at the moment and that he would be a great option for Bayern again even though he would not have his way in the transfer market.
Last edited by Ed. on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Well, no shit.

Well, that's a a bit of a kneejerk postc Mutu and a really bad comparison with Guardiola. Bad day at the office? :D
As seen at City, he does not assemble a squad of outright super stars. He' identifies tier1 players that he wanted and Man city then pays whatever it takes to get them for him.

Neymar to Bayern back then was never going to happen even if the Board was interested because of the complexity of the transfer.

The point I was making was he did not have complete freedom at Bayern in terms of squad & transfers. No legitimate Bayern supporter (that includes me) wanted him to have that kind of autonomy for fear of undermining the German core at Bayern and also because of his tactical inflexibility.

Without the first 2 constraints, he has now flourished at City. City do not care if their first X1 could have no Englishman and in my opinion he no longer is a 1 trick pony and has added much more to his tactics board. City at their peak now are a much better unit than Bayern were at their peak under Guardiola. I am unbiased enough to admit that.

I was glad to seem him leave because his stubbornness did damage us in 2 CL semfinal knockouts, but I am not vindictive enough to not admit it is absolutely fantastic watching his City side play at the moment and that he would be a great option for Bayern again.

Sorry if it came out badly. My point is that Neymar was far off our budget at the time a naive Guardiola wanted him. We didn't miss out on Neymar because of Goetze. It was never going to happen, even if Goetze was never born.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

MUTU wrote:Sorry if it came out badly. My point is that Neymar was far off our budget at the time a naive Guardiola wanted him. We didn't miss out on Neymar because of Goetze. It was never going to happen, even if Goetze was never born.

No argument there. I was only using that to make a point to Paphlagonian that he didn't have it all his way at Bayern and has surely surprised a lot of us with his current City team.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:Sorry if it came out badly. My point is that Neymar was far off our budget at the time a naive Guardiola wanted him. We didn't miss out on Neymar because of Goetze. It was never going to happen, even if Goetze was never born.

No argument there. I was only using that to make a point to Paphlagonian that he didn't have it all his way at Bayern and has surely surprised a lot of us with his current City team.

He did surprise me, but not too much. With his virtually unlimited spending, one could argue that he bought success.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:30 pm

This is a case of the grass being greener on the other side. Pep's Bayern was better than Pep's City. Let's wait until they face some real opposition before glorifying Shitty.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Why so much lust for Sane? Ok we didn't sign him but we got Coman and we will buy another world class winger this window..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Sane isn't better than Coman this season and yes that's me writing that... Sane has literally 100 opportunities in a single game for 1v1 with hundreds free meters in front of him to run,shoot,have a pick nick or a nap but yet he isn't so sharp, you see just the highlights, the only thing at the moment I see him being better than Coman is his finishing which Kingsley looks very rough in that matter but he tracks back at least and helps defensively unlike Sane.

IMO Sane has bigger potential, he is more elegant and technical BUT for 50m transfer last year compared to Coman's half price? Hell no... I checked transfermarkt and I can't believe that they value him double compared to Coman, this is crazy. He is not playing so much better...

The people who are criticizing the Bayern board choosing Gotze over Neymar after 4-5 years are pathetic to say at least, there is no single Bayern fan choosing Neymar over Gotze at that time, it was a prodigy kid multiple champion proven quality at the world-stage for €37m plus a German International, an exceptional young kid like Mbappe now against an overestimated Brazilian worth almost triple that amount straight from Brazil with no European or top class football. At THAT time you can't blame anybody, the choice was completely justified and right despite how the things turn out to be against our choice.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Achilles wrote:Sane isn't better than Coman.

Imagine it like Robben/Ribery situation. When I ask for the Sane I want him to play RM and use that left foot of his to break some waists. Coman seems like the future LM from now on. When Robben retires we need some left footed right wing in pitch that's where Sane comes in.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
Achilles wrote:Sane isn't better than Coman.

Imagine it like Robben/Ribery situation. When I ask for the Sane I want him to play RM and use that left foot of his to break some waists. Coman seems like the future LM from now on. When Robben retires we need some left footed right wing in pitch that's where Sane comes in.

Firstly I said this season(!) I believe they are equal but Sane has bigger potential maybe.

Secondly, you can forget about Sane and I don't understand why we are even discussing about him or for a possible transfer, Sane to Bayern looks like Messi to Bayern, he is becoming a local hero at City and they like him, Guardiola puts much trust on him, look at his tactics and ball receive, he is one of the main instruments for City's attack and that means that he is not for sale for any figure... In addition to that we can't battle City on wages either, the Sheikhs can offer 300,000€ per-week very easily if they see that Leroy Sane can become their new poster-boy unlike us with our wage-structure.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News