You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby BayernFL117 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:07 pm

After that tournament he's had, sell Vidal and Rudy and get him next year. We can't miss out on him and Rudy has been painfully average in a team where he should be shining...
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:12 pm

BayernFL117 wrote:After that tournament he's had, sell Vidal and Rudy and get him next year. We can't miss out on him and Rudy has been painfully average in a team where he should be shining...

It's not like Vidal had a bad tournament though...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mani » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Vidal had a good tournament :?
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 pm

dambun wrote:
Isabella wrote:I think Bayern will likely bought both him and Brandt now if they were on the market but the aren't (and Voeller will likely ask the moon for Brandt to us so the clause is the only sensible way to buy him) so Bayern can only wait

Brandt is a different story... He himself does not want to come to Bayern this summer, apparently.
But with Goretzka, Schalke does not really have much of an option.

Brandt know he can not come to Bayern this summer so he said he is not interested to change team this summer
Schalke's choice apparently is keeping Goretzka and Meyer for another year and then lose them for free (instead of selling them now) so they are not on the market right now
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby BayernFL117 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:26 pm

MUTU wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:After that tournament he's had, sell Vidal and Rudy and get him next year. We can't miss out on him and Rudy has been painfully average in a team where he should be shining...

It's not like Vidal had a bad tournament though...

I completely agree, I just feel like he 31 and we have plenty of replacements to fill his place.It feels like he can't be one of those 35 year old players with the all-out way he plays.
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Hardrade » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 pm

He is 30 years old, not 31. Robben is 3 years older yet still remains capable of filling a very demanding role.
I don't understand why some of us keep trashing still perfectly capable Vidal on account of age, it seems that some people would rather see him go just so we can keep wet - dreaming about some Goretzkas who may or may not reach his level one day.

Leon is young, promising, and German (if you are into that), but still, Vidal is top class without any signs of decline. The odds are rather balanced, no need to contort reality to make Goretzka myth more appealing - he is not THAT good, at least for now. In this situation, patience is a virtue, I believe.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Lahmies » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:19 pm

I wish we would have both Goretzka and Vidal...The chilean is still at a high level and can teach a thing or two to the young german. I definitely think he could be big for us in the future, but it's no reason to drop a WC player who is still at his prime. Having both would be more reliable...and if that makes the midfield too crowded I would probably choose to drop Renato, but that is still to be seen.
PS: That is not to say I want us to pay for Goretzka this season, if he can come for free next year that is better imo. Depends on what the management wants.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Mavs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:26 am

Rudy impressed me more than Goretzka in the final.

Goretzka lost a ton of balls. Rudy won a ton of balls and made some really nice little plays that easily go unnoticed.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 am

Rudy seems very disciplined tactically and I might have underrated him a bit.

Goretzka's talent though is on another level all together. He's the new Mathaus/Effenberg/Ballack/Schweini. A powerful midfield general who is also very accomplished technically. His ability to go on powerful runs with his long stride is a beauty.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 am

endrity wrote:His ability to go on powerful runs with his long stride is a beauty.

Yes it's a beauty, however the tendency is that this would be more common during international matches where teams are less tactically disciplined and empty spaces to run into are generally more common. On club football level I fear this would be more limited, especially so with the park-the-bus-style opponents.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DiegoForlan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

Can someone tell us something about his digestive problems before he changed his nourishment, most people think that's the reason he exploded this season, I have digestive problems, and I had to stop with Taekwondo for 2 years because of that, because you loose much confidence and it's all too connected with your brain, won't even start with the blood flow problems because your stomach takes more blood than usual to do things, you get shaky just by turning around once . If he had those then he will improve even more with time, because it takes a whole 1-2 to get things back on normal.
I will try to find more about it, heard it from the commentary yesterday.

EDIT : Yap he had a chronic bowel inflammation, I had that too, takes a long time to recover even with the best medicine out there.

Now I'm more confident that he will improve, he is probably motivated now, like if he had found a new engine, it takes a while to rebuild confidence in your full strength.
Last edited by DiegoForlan on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Bentonomo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:43 am

So for free next season very good business from Bayern again :coffee:
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby endrity » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:59 am

MUTU wrote:
endrity wrote:His ability to go on powerful runs with his long stride is a beauty.

Yes it's a beauty, however the tendency is that this would be more common during international matches where teams are less tactically disciplined and empty spaces to run into are generally more common. On club football level I fear this would be more limited, especially so with the park-the-bus-style opponents.

If properly used, it can be a powerful tool to break packed defenses. They don't ever expect a player to come right at them through the middle, and he also has a great ability to make runs into the box and score, which often defenders have a hard time picking up.

Beyond that, Bayern does not have a problem defeating teams that stay back. Our issue right now is overcoming other elite teams to win the CL. Against those teams, Goretzka's ability might come quite handy.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:17 am

endrity wrote:
MUTU wrote:

If properly used, it can be a powerful tool to break packed defenses. They don't ever expect a player to come right at them through the middle, and he also has a great ability to make runs into the box and score, which often defenders have a hard time picking up.

Beyond that, Bayern does not have a problem defeating teams that stay back. Our issue right now is overcoming other elite teams to win the CL. Against those teams, Goretzka's ability might come quite handy.

Well if he'd be doing it often enough, then they would actually be expecting him to do just that. And with a wall of packed defenders it's just about the perfect recipe for losing the ball and getting counter-attacked.

It's a helpful tactic in knockout matches when you're winning and the opponents are trying to score the equalizer, but over 90% of our opponents sit back with 10 players behind the ball.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:56 pm

for me, Goretzka was the player of the tournament... he should have received the award instead of Draxler. A bit of Messi 2014 in that decision process...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News