You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby German-American » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 am

Pelin wrote:we can't lose Vidal next year, since Goretzka is unproven in highest level. Rotating them for one position would be ideal. Then offloading one of Rudy/Sanches, possibly Sanches if he doesn't step up next season.

I think we need to keep both Sanches and Rudy. Everybody is make predictions on transfers for particular players based on a season that hasn't even begun, let alone the preseason!! You may be correct by saying that we might need to sell a player in that position, but picking a player is unjust. Sanches had crazy potential, Vidal is crazy good but aging, we have to give our team hope!!! If we cannot trust our players to perform/develop into their potential then why even think about them?
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Pelin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 am

German-American wrote:
Pelin wrote:we can't lose Vidal next year, since Goretzka is unproven in highest level. Rotating them for one position would be ideal. Then offloading one of Rudy/Sanches, possibly Sanches if he doesn't step up next season.

I think we need to keep both Sanches and Rudy. Everybody is make predictions on transfers for particular players based on a season that hasn't even begun, let alone the preseason!! You may be correct by saying that we might need to sell a player in that position, but picking a player is unjust. Sanches had crazy potential, Vidal is crazy good but aging, we have to give our team hope!!! If we cannot trust our players to perform/develop into their potential then why even think about them?

Letting Vidal go at the age of 31 is not a good idea, especially Goretzka is unproven at highest level. Rotating Goretzka and Vidal for 1 position, while Goretzka can learn from Vidal and can take the position when he is ready. Otherwise, Vidal will be missed.

if we have to offload one of them, l'd go for Rudy. if you read my posts, l'm againist selling Sanches. but a loan move would be benefical for him.

We should always increase the quality, losing Vidal and signing Goretzka wil only make us lose quality. We should do what Real is doing regarding Modric, he is almost 32 and still a starter, while they have Kovacic to replace him in the coming future. Moreover, they know something, since they didn't sell Modric to make space for Kovacic to develop. on the contrary, he is developing as back up for Modric, learn from him. also considering he gets less pressure, which is another important factor.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Why latest? Surely we are already well staffed this season. Actually also the next because Vidal isn't imminently retiring is he? We also have the promising youngsters from FC Bayern II which it seems like they won't get any chances. I don't understand this midfield greed.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:34 pm

I see your concern MUTU but this kid oozes class and I think Bayern believes a lot in his talent. I remember us being heavily linked for him while he was still at Bochum and so far he's only impressed....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I see your concern MUTU but this kid oozes class and I think Bayern believes a lot in his talent. I remember us being heavily linked for him while he was still at Bochum and so far he's only impressed....

At some point, it becomes ridiculous. And that point is already in the past. It's like having 5 goalkeepers in your squad and want to get another one. We shouldn't buy players just because they're available at a price that's worth it. We also need to look at the small share of playing time these players will get, which will in turn lower their market values and stifle their development. If it were up to me I would loan out one or two central midfielders and buy one or two backup strikers.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mircea_1984 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Vidal, Thiago, Rudy Tolisso, Kimmich, Sanchez, and on the wings we still rely on Robbery. Costa doesn't have neither the attitude and the talent to represent a solution for Bayern, I don't know what to say about Coman and Gnabry. We have to much age and not good enough replecements on he wings. Maybe not Sanchez, but we could have tryed something for Bernardo Silva, Sane or Lemar. If we stay chronic in this obsession with the wage structure we will decline even more. That is the market, and you have so spend big to remain competitive at the very sharp end of CL. We shoul even take in consideration to take some little debt to invest in players. It doesn't count anymore to have 0 debt and money in the banks if we can't even think about a top player in 70-80 millions. They are the real value in our days footbalI and not a perfect clean financial balance. I don't say that we should go crazy with sums like for Pogba, Mbappe or somethins like this, but this is the world in which we live. You need to spend 60-70 millions on a player. Today 70 millions is like 30 - 40 millions in 2012 - 2013, and Bayern can't go uppper than that. Tolliso will never be Verrati and Gnabry will never be Sane or Sanchez. Regarding Goretzka he may be an interesting player, but we have to much player there.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:25 pm

The players with a professional contract who are able to play in the CDM/CM/AMC positions, as per transfermarkt player positions:

Tolisso (CM, CDM)
Gnabry (AMC)
Rudy (CDM)
Friedl (CDM)
Felix Goetze (CM, CDM)
Martinez (CM, CDM)
Alaba (CM)
Dorsch (CM, CDM)
Thiago (AMC, CM, CDM)
Vidal (AMC, CM, CDM)
Kimmich (CM)
Sanches (AMC, CM, CDM)
Ribery (AMC)
Benko (AMC, CM)
Costa (AMC)

And surprisingly they don't list Mueller as an AMC, so I'm leaving him out. That's 15 players that have skills to cover these 3 positions on the pitch. 17 if you want to include Mueller and Neuer 8)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Thiago, Tolisso, Vidal (gone next season), Renato and Kimmich (RB for the foreseeable future). One more needed.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 pm

MUTU wrote:The players with a professional contract who are able to play in the CDM/CM/AMC positions, as per transfermarkt player positions:

Tolisso (CM, CDM)
Gnabry (AMC)
Rudy (CDM)
Friedl (CDM)
Felix Goetze (CM, CDM)
Martinez (CM, CDM)
Alaba (CM)
Dorsch (CM, CDM)
Thiago (AMC, CM, CDM)
Vidal (AMC, CM, CDM)
Kimmich (CM)
Sanches (AMC, CM, CDM)
Ribery (AMC)
Benko (AMC, CM)
Costa (AMC)

And surprisingly they don't list Mueller as an AMC, so I'm leaving him out. That's 15 players that have skills to cover these 3 positions on the pitch. 17 if you want to include Mueller and Neuer 8)

Come on.
We already told you multiple times why thinking like that is non-sense.

Gnabry (AMC): Really?
Friedl (CDM): Really? A natural defender?
Felix Goetze (CM, CDM): Really? A natural defender? [2]
Alaba (CM): Talks about not wanting to weaken 2 positions when debating about whether or not signing a back-up for Lewandowski in addition to Sanchez makes sense just to cound Alaba as a serious CM alternative...Yeah, makes sense MUTU.
Dorsch (CM, CDM): Another one who probably hasn't played a single minute in the league...
Vidal (AMC, CM, CDM): Most likely gone when Goretzka comes.
Kimmich (CM): Set in stone as a right-back for now. See Alaba for further reasons.
Ribery (AMC): ....
Costa (AMC): ...
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:31 pm

My Schalke friends tell me that the SportBild journalist reporting the 'Goretzka to Bayern in 2018' story, is highly unreliable for all things Schalke. Hardly gets access to the team, and is known to be wrong a lot.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Roonzil wrote:My Schalke friends tell me that the SportBild journalist reporting the 'Goretzka to Bayern in 2018' story, is highly unreliable for all things Schalke. Hardly gets access to the team, and is known to be wrong a lot.

So? It's not a Schalke thing anymore... He's leaving... and with all the buzz around it it'd be shocking to say the least, if he wouldn't come
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm

I can't believe how Schalke always manages to f*uck up every season with that academy that they have. Draxler, Meyer, Sane, Kolasinac plus some other youngsters that they brought to the team like Goretzka or Höjbjerg. And also others like Neuer, Özil or Höwedes in the past

Yet they suck :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I can't believe how Schalke always manages to f*uck up every season with that academy that they have. Draxler, Meyer, Sane, Kolasinac plus some other youngsters that they brought to the team like Goretzka or Höjbjerg. And also others like Neuer, Özil or Höwedes in the past

Yet they suck :|

Exactly!
I always joked that if they managed to hire LvG as head coach, given the abundance of huge talents available to them, after a couple of years they will be contending for a CL trophy every single year (but not winning it :lol: )

It's really impressive how they manage to fvck up that much quality. I thought it had something to do with having Horst Heldt as manager, who had already fvcked up Stuttgart. But even with guys like Heidel and Weinzierl they couldn't get back to a sensible trajectory!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:07 am

Getting back to Goretzka, I know many of you would disagree, but I would prefer us to sell Vidal now (for 40-50M), get Goretzka (for ~20M) and start building our future team during the season....

Leon Goretzka very much reminds me of Michael Ballack in his younger days...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News