You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby bastos80 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:

Together.. ? Hmm..
Plus Javi cleaning behind them

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

And James goes back to Madrid?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm

1. Javi
2. Tolisso
3. Goretzka
4. Thiago
5. Vidal
6. Rudy
7. Renato

I would also like to put James there, since his main position on the pitch this season is MC (central-midfielder), and this is leaving us with:

8.James

Waaaaay too many midfielders, but the board is rocking with 34 yo. and 35 yo. wingers. And today KHR was talking how well they are planning the future.

Expectation feeds flustration.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Bentonomo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Goretzka—————James
—————-Javi——————-
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm

bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:

Together.. ? Hmm..
Plus Javi cleaning behind them

And James goes back to Madrid?
No....
Have a look at my post in the formations 18/19

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:1. Javi
2. Tolisso
3. Goretzka
4. Thiago
5. Vidal
6. Rudy
7. Renato

I would also like to put James there, since his main position on the pitch this season is MC (central-midfielder), and this is leaving us with:

8.James

Waaaaay too many midfielders, but the board is rocking with 34 yo. and 35 yo. wingers. And today KHR was talking how well they are planning the future.

Maybe we are steadily moving away from Wing play. Not sure a club on a budget can expect to play such a premier play style and Germany has an abundance of quality MFs
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
2. Tolisso
3. Goretzka
4. Thiago
5. Vidal
6. Rudy
7. Renato

8.James

Maybe we are steadily moving away from Wing play. Not sure a club on a budget can expect to play such a premier play style and Germany has an abundance of quality MFs

Would almost have to hope so at this point.

For two wing spots we have three "true" wingers - two of whom are really just rotation options, IMO. Then there's Coman. I don't really consider James and Müller to be "true" wingers but they can do it, I suppose. Same with Gnabry, I feel he's better more central.
Still, say we stick with 4-2-3-1. Assuming a healthy squad (lol), Coman will start on one of the wings, probably with Robben. Ribery on the bench. James/Müller/Gnabry to compete for the SS spot. That leaves no less than 7 players competing for two spots remaining in the midfield.
Or say we play more like Kovac has, like a 3-5-2. Okay, well then Kimmich and Alaba would presumably be our wingbacks. Then you've got Gnabry, Müller, James, Tolisso, Thiago, Goretzka, Javi, Rudy, Vidal, and Sanches fighting for three central spots (and probably one of them up top with Lewy).
Even if we play a wingerless 4-4-2 diamond or something, we've still got at LEAST two deep at every position and then some....

All that to say - I don't really see how we are going to get away with not selling at least one, probably two midfielders.
I think it's safe to say Goretzka and Tolisso are safe.
Thiago will be allowed to stay as long as he wants to.
Javi, I don't know. A big favorite of Jupp's, but we will see what Kovac does with him.
Sanches presumably won't be sold, going by what KHR has said. So...as has been widely speculated, Rudy and Vidal seem to be the odd ones out... I won't be too surprised if one or both of them are sold. :/
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon May 21, 2018 12:55 am

Anyone knows what number will he be wearing? Both with Germany and Bayern as I want to order a jersey with his name and number on it :)

I think he is likely to wear number #14 in the WC
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby La Bestia Negra » Mon May 21, 2018 2:33 am

aterford wrote:
Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
2. Tolisso
3. Goretzka
4. Thiago
5. Vidal
6. Rudy
7. Renato

8.James

Would almost have to hope so at this point.

For two wing spots we have three "true" wingers - two of whom are really just rotation options, IMO. Then there's Coman. I don't really consider James and Müller to be "true" wingers but they can do it, I suppose. Same with Gnabry, I feel he's better more central.
Still, say we stick with 4-2-3-1. Assuming a healthy squad (lol), Coman will start on one of the wings, probably with Robben. Ribery on the bench. James/Müller/Gnabry to compete for the SS spot. That leaves no less than 7 players competing for two spots remaining in the midfield.
Or say we play more like Kovac has, like a 3-5-2. Okay, well then Kimmich and Alaba would presumably be our wingbacks. Then you've got Gnabry, Müller, James, Tolisso, Thiago, Goretzka, Javi, Rudy, Vidal, and Sanches fighting for three central spots (and probably one of them up top with Lewy).
Even if we play a wingerless 4-4-2 diamond or something, we've still got at LEAST two deep at every position and then some....

All that to say - I don't really see how we are going to get away with not selling at least one, probably two midfielders.
I think it's safe to say Goretzka and Tolisso are safe.
Thiago will be allowed to stay as long as he wants to.
Javi, I don't know. A big favorite of Jupp's, but we will see what Kovac does with him.
Sanches presumably won't be sold, going by what KHR has said. So...as has been widely speculated, Rudy and Vidal seem to be the odd ones out... I won't be too surprised if one or both of them are sold. :/

As far as Javi is concerned, Id be interested to see if Kovac continues a 3 at the back. If so then I think he’ll be a part of the defense, then offloading one of Rudy/Vidal wouldn’t be oversized imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The name's Bond, James Rodriguez"
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 am

Leon Goretzka: "I didn't go to #FCBayern to sit on the bench." [tz]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Leon Goretzka: "I didn't go to #FCBayern to sit on the bench." [tz]

He should not expect to be an automatic starter at a club like Bayern. He might’ve been the best at Schalke and a guaranteed starter for them but at Bayern he’all have to compete with equal and/or better quality midfielders.

Players have to earn their place in the 11 and keep it through performances. Tolisso was not an automatic starter last season but has not complained (yet) and whenever he’s got a chance he has done alright. You secure a place in the 11 with performances on the field not by running your mouth to the media.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 pm

America USA wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Leon Goretzka: "I didn't go to #FCBayern to sit on the bench." [tz]

He should not expect to be an automatic starter at a club like Bayern. He might’ve been the best at Schalke and a guaranteed starter for them but at Bayern he’all have to compete with equal and/or better quality midfielders.

Players have to earn their place in the 11 and keep it through performances. Tolisso was not an automatic starter last season but has not complained (yet) and whenever he’s got a chance he has done alright. You secure a place in the 11 with performances on the field not by running your mouth to the media.
I agree but he might have been misinterpreted

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby GoatHCW » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Here is the full quote

"I certainly did not go to Munich to be back up. I am aware that there is a tremendous quality. I moved to an absolute world-class club. I know I must deliver in order to have the right to a regular place. But that's my plan. I did not go there to sit on the bench"
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Even if he had just said that first sentence: what’s wrong with that?
Want him to come out and say "I'm fine warming the bench"?
That’s less ambitious than Hoeness ffs...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:43 pm

I was impressed with Goretzka's play today even though he was playing out of position on the wing. He has a great motor on him and was good on the ball when he got a chance. Great header that almost went in. I think this exit by Germany today will help him the most. He'll have more time to settle in then if he wouldðve gone all the way for Germany.
Last edited by gumboduncan on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby elnano98 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:07 am

gumboduncan wrote:I was impressed with Goretzka's play today even though he was playing out of position in the wing. He has a great motor on him and was good on the ball when he got a chance. Great header that almost went in. I think this exit by Germany today will help him the most. He'll have more time to settle in then if he wouldðve gone all the way for Germany.

Agree. His first touch and his movement off the ball are very good. His positioning in the box is great too. He's quick and physical. But his crossing is awful
elnano98
First post

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News