You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:41 pm

MUTU, we should review the mods' salary in this forum. I'm feeling a bit under appreciated (reads: underpaid) lately.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 pm

tflags wrote:MUTU, we should review the mods' salary in this forum. I'm feeling a bit under appreciated (reads: underpaid) lately.

Please take it up with HR.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
aterford wrote:Yeah, not sure I'm following. Goretzka isn't the first free transfer we've made nor is he the best player we've taken from a BL team (free or not). Any ill-effects from signing players from around the league would surely be felt by now, regardless of if we throw Schalke a bone or not...

There already is I am afraid. We have many injuries partially thanks to the violent tackles and takedowns from various opponents in the league.

Perhaps so (though I'm not sure that there's anyway to directly link opponent conduct to our transfer policy) but this has been the case for years and years....again I doubt doing a solid for Schalke would do much, if anything, to improve our "reputation" or "standing" around the league. Most teams/players/fans/whatever are going to hate us either way.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:35 am

He is out injured again. His third injury this season if I’m not mistaken.

If it is a repetitive foot (bone) injury he should get it fixed asap, opearated if need be. He must not jeopardise his WC chances right now and I want him to be fully fit when he joins Bayern.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm

He is fit again,but he wont start against Mainz.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:24 am

I see users here say that Goretzka is gonna take up Vidal’s role but from whatever I have seen from him recently, his defensive work is levels below that of Vidal. :?
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:15 pm

^ To the latest nonsense comment about Leon -
Без име.png

Goretzka is well known about his defensive contribution,concentration and game reading abilities (this is why the Leon-Coco duo will be great), so i don't know what are you watching, but i'm almost sure that you're mistaken Leon with someone else.

And..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:31 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:^ To the latest nonsense comment about Leon

Dude Calm down! Why make this personal? I have not made any nonsensical comment about this guy before. About that injury comment, it is (was) a legitimate concern of mine. I am just commenting on what I have seen of him since we agreed to sign him. Maybe he is saving himself for Bayern because I’ve been seeing Bentaleb and Meyer and their two wingers do the bulk of the defensive dirty work while Goretzka has a more free AM role behind the two strikers reminiscent of Pogba at Juventus.

As for that video. I don’t doubt his offensive capabilities one bit. :)
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 pm

America USA wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:^ To the latest nonsense comment about Leon

Dude Calm down! Why make this personal? I have not made any nonsensical comment about this guy before. About that injury comment, it is (was) a legitimate concern of mine. I am just commenting on what I have seen of him since we agreed to sign him. Maybe he is saving himself for Bayern because I’ve been seeing Bentaleb and Meyer and their two wingers do the bulk of the defensive dirty work while Goretzka has a more free AM role behind the two strikers reminiscent of Pogba at Juventus.

As for that video. I don’t doubt his offensive capabilities one bit. :)

I'm calm mate,sorry if that sounded hard or i insulted you in some way.

I was just talking about the last comment about comparing him with Vidal , i don't even know what you said about him earlier.
I say it's a nonsense, because, with all my respect for Arturo - he's not doing his usual great job like the last seasons in the defensive end - and maybe one of the reason is that Javi is playing much more and he is the destroyer now. With Leon partnering with Thiago - he should be the more defensive minded of the two,it's the same with Coco, he can be used in the way that you're saying while playing with Martinez.

I'm not saying that Vidal is not important for the club, because i still believe that we need to get rid of Rudy instead of him, but probably Bayern is going to sell both of them at the end of the season.

The perfect scenario is to bring some talanted DM like Tousart (Lyon), Paredes (Zenit), Jorginho (Napoli) or someone else to learn the game from Javi in the first 1,2 years. After that we're going to have a hell of young midfielders with a lot of experience in both BL and CL - Coco,Leon,one potencial DM and don't forget Renato,he still have time to turn his game around; + couple of teachers like Martinez,Thiago and why not James ?

The whole point is that Leon is a very good defender, but since his team is missing the attacking potential he is playing the James' role when Thiago was injured this year. They just need more goals.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Hardrade » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm

The main concern I have with overcrowded midfield is whether the youngsters will get enough play time to improve at an optimal pace. Especially the ones that are not yet settled/not confident enough like Renato and Goretzka in the future. At the same time, you don't really want to lose your key assets like Thiago, Vidal, Javi who are still at the top of their game, or simply put - too valuable to lose at this point.

At this point, it is almost certain that Rudy goes away or at least fills in on another position if needs be (RB). But is that enough room, really? This might be the only unusual situation where we might actually benefit from having injury-prone players in the squad. :roll:
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm

One should be reminded that "Defensive work" is not the same as being a good defender.
I'm not saying Vidal is a poor defender, but often I catch him just running around and making challenges without much purpose. It looks nice and you think he's working hard, but when you really stop to think about it, it's often pointless.
If "work rate" was most important for one's defending, Rode would still be here and would be a world class DM

Goretzka's defending is just fine.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernFL117 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 pm

America USA wrote: reminiscent of Pogba at Juventus.

THIS! I think alot of people do undervalue his defensive attributes, but man his highlights reminded me of Pogba back then too.
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Goretzka: Die wahren Gründe für meinen Bayern-Wechsel [source]

I came to the conclusion that it’s the right step. I had the feeling that I needed to get out of my comfort zone to develop. The Champions League also played a big role in the decision. At Bayern you go into the Champions League with different expectations. At Schalke, the focus was always on getting through the group stage. I’d like to take this step to Bayern and I think that’s the only way to get where I’d like to go.It was a long decision-making process.

It’s not as if at 17 I already knew where I’d like to be at 28. But I’ve always had the next steps in mind.I thought long and hard about it and was very well prepared for the situation. For some people, this decision meant a lot. But from others I found a lot of understanding. I definitely will not blame the Schalke fans.It’s important to see that we reach our goals with Schalke and that I get into good shape. Then the odds that I’ll be at the World Cup are good. And then success takes precedence over everything else.

For me it’s incredibly important to leave Schalke with a positive experience. It would be hard to take transferring to Schalke in 2013 as a participant in Champions League and leaving the club as a participant in the Europa League. Generally speaking, I hope that some day the fans will not only remember the last half a year, but also the many goals I scored, the intense games we played.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Our future is bright with him and Coco in the midfield.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Leon Goretzka: "I am assuming that Bayern will win the Pokal. If this happens, it means that I will face Schalke with Bayern in the German Super Cup in August. I will be very happy If this happens."

[Kicker]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News