You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Jorge » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:47 pm

When I said "marketable" I am thinking about another dimension:
1) within Germany ( the BL largest market)
2) Worldwide (Leon has the potential to be a starter for Germany, a NT with more exposure than Chile, this also in the context that Arturo at his age is on his way out)
3) I am not even counting on the fact that Vidal is a polarizing figure and has plenty of detractors everywhere, even in Chile while Goretzka seems to be a more palatable character.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 1105 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Heynckes on Schalke fans booing Goretzka: "I think it's normal that they are disappointed because such an important player is leaving their club. But Leon has a good character and has always had a good attitude and gave everything for the club. I'm sure he'll continue to do so"

Leon Goretzka: "These days have been the most difficult of my career. It was a special situation for me. I'm glad that the atmosphere remained positive overall. I understand that some fans showed their displeasure and disappointment. The boos hurt of course"
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2510 times
Been thanked: 2819 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Jorge » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm

BTW, I watched the game and had the impression all along that his mind is not in Gelsenkirchen anymore no matter how hard he tries.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 1105 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Roonzil » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:36 pm

Jorge wrote:BTW, I watched the game and had the impression all along that his mind is not in Gelsenkirchen anymore no matter how hard he tries.


Everything will be watched with different specs now, just like when Hummels got subbed off injured for Dortmund in the Pokal final against us.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 1449 times
Gender: Female

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:26 am

Let me introduce you to...
https://twitter.com/Bundesliga_EN/statu ... 5140468736

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 35182
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 26103 times
Been thanked: 5216 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby America USA » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 am

Leon needs to remain professional and do his all to make sure that Schalke finish as high as possible in the BL and ensure that Schalke has CL football next season.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 491 times
Been thanked: 802 times

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Roonzil » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

Just a heads up....Goretzka will bring in fangirls :P
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 1449 times
Gender: Female

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 pm

The James following might be a bit bigger.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9958
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 1012 times
Been thanked: 3126 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Neubauer on Schalke not getting any money from Goretzka's transfer: They rejected any talks about a transfer last summer. If they wanted money, they could have sold him like Sané or Draxler but they wanted to keep him. That means they were ready to risk losing him for free. Bayern, Dortmund and half Europe wanted Leon when he was in Bochum but he went to Schalke because it was the right step back then. Now after 5 years, he is taking the next step by going to Bayern and it's the right one.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2510 times
Been thanked: 2819 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm

So erklärte der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende Clemens Tönnies wenige Stunden vor dem Spiel gegen Hannover, wenn es nach ihm gegangen wäre, hätte Goretzka "das Trikot von Schalke 04 nicht mehr tragen" sollen. Und wenn es besser für den Verein wäre, könne es auch sein, dass der Nationalspieler "bis zum Ende der Saison auf der Tribüne sitzt".


wow just wow....... what a shitty team!


CEO Tonnies said moments before the game vs Hannover, if it was up to him Goretzka would never wear the schalke shirt again, effective immediately. He would send him to the stands if needed

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2018/01/schalke-04-kommentar-zum-wechsel-von-leon-goretzka-zum-fc-bayern
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
User avatar
DerKaiser
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1210 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby bbenno » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 pm

DerKaiser wrote:So erklärte der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende Clemens Tönnies wenige Stunden vor dem Spiel gegen Hannover, wenn es nach ihm gegangen wäre, hätte Goretzka "das Trikot von Schalke 04 nicht mehr tragen" sollen. Und wenn es besser für den Verein wäre, könne es auch sein, dass der Nationalspieler "bis zum Ende der Saison auf der Tribüne sitzt".


wow just wow....... what a shitty team!


CEO Tonnies said moments before the game vs Hannover, if it was up to him Goretzka would never wear the schalke shirt again, effective immediately. He would send him to the stands if needed

https://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundesliga/2018/01/schalke-04-kommentar-zum-wechsel-von-leon-goretzka-zum-fc-bayern


Totally uncalled for...

1. The player's contract is running out by the end of the season. That means the player can sign whith whoever he wishes.
There's no deceit or betrayal by Goretzka for doing this. They knew this was a risk. If they did not want to be in this situation, they should have had talks with his representatives and the player himself much earlier.

2. As mentioned above, they could have sold him last year if they wanted to make a profit.

It seems as if the men in charge at Schalke is somehow throwing Goretzka under the bus in order to accommodate the fans.
Moreover, they are using the fans' outrage as a ram to indirectly threatening him.

But of course, if he does create such a bad vibe around the team/locker room, then fair enough put him on the bench or in the stands. Just don't pretend you couldn't see this coming miles away...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm
National Flag:
Denmark
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 174 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby icewizard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:43 pm

i don't think he would create bad vibes, and would love to finish on a high with S04... I guess we'll wait and see...

I don't think they will risk losing a CL place by putting him in the stands...
User avatar
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 151 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Hilarious. When a player asks for a transfer, management always saying "The player should be a professional and honor his contract". When a player sees out his contract and decides to leave, he gets "he should be in the stands the rest of the season". I know the cases aren't always apples to apples, but if clubs want players to behave professionally, players should certainly expect clubs to return the favor.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3365
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2820 times
Been thanked: 1897 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Neubauer on Schalke not getting any money from Goretzka's transfer: They rejected any talks about a transfer last summer. If they wanted money, they could have sold him like Sané or Draxler but they wanted to keep him. That means they were ready to risk losing him for free. Bayern, Dortmund and half Europe wanted Leon when he was in Bochum but he went to Schalke because it was the right step back then. Now after 5 years, he is taking the next step by going to Bayern and it's the right one.

Real talk from Neubauer and I would agree with him again even if it was for another great ambitious club signing Leon and not Bayern. Goretzka did the right moves and if it wasn't for some misfortune(injuries) he would be more known as a player worldwide.

That butthurt S04 fans and board are pathetic, the kid full-filled his contract and played great, he didn't push for a transfer right away neither complained for anything. I definitely don't sympathize S04 cuz until it was too late they throwed money into Leon's face and acted like "we did everything we could" well you morons if you actually believed in the kid's talent & potential you would extended his contract BEFORE the Confederations or a couple of years before, he stayed for 4,5 years there and you did nothing...

No wonder why Schalke are under performing since 2011 while they had so many quality players over the years and the best youth academy in Germany. When the bus drivers are amateurs you're destined to fail(Heldt,Heidel,Tönnies) and the thing is nobody cares anymore because if they were actually caring they wouldn't point fingers and speak those nonsense calling their ex-players mercenaries because they didn't renew.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 803 times
Been thanked: 1462 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Achilles wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Neubauer on Schalke not getting any money from Goretzka's transfer: They rejected any talks about a transfer last summer. If they wanted money, they could have sold him like Sané or Draxler but they wanted to keep him. That means they were ready to risk losing him for free. Bayern, Dortmund and half Europe wanted Leon when he was in Bochum but he went to Schalke because it was the right step back then. Now after 5 years, he is taking the next step by going to Bayern and it's the right one.

Real talk from Neubauer and I would agree with him again even if it was for another great ambitious club signing Leon and not Bayern. Goretzka did the right moves and if it wasn't for some misfortune(injuries) he would be more known as a player worldwide.

That butthurt S04 fans and board are pathetic, the kid full-filled his contract and played great, he didn't push for a transfer right away neither complained for anything. I definitely don't sympathize S04 cuz until it was too late they throwed money into Leon's face and acted like "we did everything we could" well you morons if you actually believed in the kid's talent & potential you would extended his contract BEFORE the Confederations or a couple of years before, he stayed for 4,5 years there and you did nothing...

No wonder why Schalke are under performing since 2011 while they had so many quality players over the years and the best youth academy in Germany. When the bus drivers are amateurs you're destined to fail(Heldt,Heidel,Tönnies) and the thing is nobody cares anymore because if they were actually caring they wouldn't point fingers and speak those nonsense calling their ex-players mercenaries because they didn't renew.


The thing is that S04 and Borussia there are making bigger profits than teams like Tottenham,Atletico Madrid,Roma,Milan,Zenit,Inter and just look how the other teams are working.Christian Heidel,Schuster,Peters in S04 and Watzke,Zorc and Rauball in BVB should be evicted in 2-3 years,or Germany quickly will lose 1-2 places which are giving right to participate in Europe.Theare are buyers and sellers. If you want to take this a step further, you could divide it into big clubs and suppliers. You have clubs like Manchester United,Real,Barca,PSG and others who spend the copious amounts of money that they have on anything they want, then you have clubs like Monaco, Lyon or Ajax who continue to churn out young players that keep them relevant in European football before selling those same players off for astronomical prices to the bigger clubs.Rinse and repeat. It’s a process that doesn’t look set to stop anytime soon.When you look at the starting team that Schalke could have composed over years of sales, the result looks like you’re playing FIFA Ultimate Team: Leroy Sane, Julian Draxler, Sead Kolasinac, Mesut Özil, Ivan Rakitic, Manuel Neuer (we also can put Goretzka here) – and the list goes on. Schalke has one of the best player development models in the world, and it continuously shows.

But when they sell, it’s a good day (or maybe not ? ). It’s a part of life to cut players loose for inflated prices and then turn around and invest that money in the team in the form of new, young players that will face the same process. Monaco do this brilliantly. No matter who is taken from them, they always manage to recoup their losses. That’s why talented young players choose Schalke or Monaco as their next step before vaulting into a super club – more exposure thanks to more chances (hello,Leon).
Lately, Schalke has not been able to recoup their losses like Monaco or Lyon. They continue to fall further and further out of Bundesliga contention, despite the value and history of their prestigious club, and there looks to be one major thing to blame for the premature dismantling of what used to be a constant European presence – free transfers.There is a sudden epidemic at Schalke of letting valuable players run down their contracts and walk away for free, something that no other club seems to struggle with in the same capacity, at least no other club of similar standing. This past summer alone, Schalke watched Sead Kolaсinac,Choupo-Moting and Huntelaar walk away for free, and they’re just the pick of the bunch. All in all, according to market value, which admittedly doesn’t take into account the inflation of the modern market, they allowed around 35M. of talent to leave. That’s 35M. that could have been used to reinvest in the club and help them take some strides towards getting back near the top of the Bundesliga. The previous year, between Joel Matip and Neustаdter, another 35М. million went missing for free. Compare that to 2013/14, when they spent over 30M. improving the side and the following season they moved from fourth to third. The year after that, 2015/16, they didn’t invest as much and they fell to sixth. This is when the tale of derailment began.Schalke is a team that boasts such a player development model that they don’t need to dump hundreds of millions into the transfer market to be successful. They can rely on the resources they have.It was in the summer of 2015 that it started falling apart. All of the youth products that they had brought in and raised up had not been approached early on to extend their contracts and alongside the traditional crop of sales (Julian Draxler for 43M. and Leroy Sane for 50M.), there were free transfers sneaking away too. It was like this selling club was only getting a partial return on investment, breaking the formula that works so well for clubs with this strategy.Despite walking out of the 2015/16 and 2016/17 transfer windows with a net gain of 45M., the club plummeted, and this past window was defining for them. They ended the summer with a net loss of around 50M., yet they lost 10 players, at least five of whom were first-team regulars. Those five players, as mentioned, totalled over 30M. in market value.

At the moment,Goretzka worth around 45M.-already leaving for free in 2018, and Max Meyer, valued at 20M., has said the same,so this is,ladies and gentlemens a quick guide "how not to run a football club".
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2510 times
Been thanked: 2819 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlipboardProxy [bot] and 7 guests