You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Wait, you guys get adverts on Tapatalk?!?!

Since June 2017 according to this thread: https://www.bayernforum.com/suggestions- ... t8185.html
In this thread I see a post by ramsej84 on 17th June saying the ads are gone.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Wait, you guys get adverts on Tapatalk?!?!

Since June 2017 according to this thread: https://www.bayernforum.com/suggestions- ... t8185.html
In this thread I see a post by ramsej84 on 17th June saying the ads are gone.
They stopped for a while but back they returned and this time with vengeance

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 pm

@aterford @FCB12Forever

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Bayern have an agreement with Leon Goretzka but a medical has to be done first. Goretzka has recently been injured.

So it makes sense now.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Ed. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:06 pm

aterford wrote:
Ed. wrote:
Manchu wrote:I've seen a lot of complaints about our transfer policy, but "he's only the next Ballack" has to be the strangest one yet.

Yes, he'll rack up the goals and player points in the BL. When it's required on a tough CL night, can he make a difference? I don't see him having the ability to do so.

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind this. As of so far it's consisted largely of "he won't be an impact player" and "he'll be the next Ballack" and "he'll do well in small matches but not big ones" but largely without any supporting evidence. Seeing as you're the one making the positive claim here ("Goretzka doesn't have the ability to make the difference in a big UCL match, etc") I would say the burden of proof falls on you to back up these claims. Do you have any sort of evidence to support that? Or is it just a matter of preference? It's okay to simply say "I don't have any concrete reasons, I just have a hunch" or "I just don't prefer this player" and so on, that's well and fine - but let's not pretend that holding to the opinion "Goretzka won't be a difference maker" without any evidence is any more a valid opinion than those of us who believe he will be a quality player for us in the future. There is a reason we've been after him since he was at Bochum. So, like I said: if you have some sort of evidence to support the claims you're making, by all means, present it, but until then, let's just admit that you just don't care to sign him simply out of personal preference. At this point you're just sounding like #12 (sorry buddy ;) ) with Brandt.

Well, the supporting evidence in my opinion is that midfielders like Goretzka are a dying breed and irrelevant in the modern game against top opposition. He is a box to box midfielder with an eye for goal but a midfielder who does not excel at WC levels in at least 1 of the 3 midfield disciplines, i.e keeping hold of the ball and dribbling , passing range and tackling. You have to excel at one of these roles to play as one of the 3 midfielders in the modern game which is what most of the top clubs are doing now.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Ed. wrote:Well, the supporting evidence in my opinion is that midfielders like Goretzka are a dying breed and irrelevant in the modern game against top opposition. He is a box to box midfielder with an eye for goal but a midfielder who does not excel at WC levels in at least 1 of the 3 midfield disciplines, i.e keeping hold of the ball and dribbling , passing range and tackling. You have to excel at one of these roles to play as one of the 3 midfielders in the modern game which is what most of the top clubs are doing now.

You mean we're getting a player that allows us to play with tactics teams aren't used to facing? I love it!!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Ed. wrote:
Well, the supporting evidence in my opinion is that midfielders like Goretzka are a dying breed and irrelevant in the modern game against top opposition. He is a box to box midfielder with an eye for goal but a midfielder who does not excel at WC levels in at least 1 of the 3 midfield disciplines, i.e keeping hold of the ball and dribbling , passing range and tackling. You have to excel at one of these roles to play as one of the 3 midfielders in the modern game which is what most of the top clubs are doing now.

That's nice and all, except not "evidence" - this is all just opinion. How do you quantify one "excelling at WC levels" in keeping the ball, dribbling, passing, and tackling? What is the basis for your belief that he's a "dying breed" or "irrelevant"? I'm not seeing any support here - just matters of preference again.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 am

Lett's see if this indicates a medical and announcement. but this twitter account... :shock:
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:22 am

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm

I’d be annoyed of Man U announced Sanchez before we did Goretzka....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bbenno » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Image

Send via carrier pigeon.

Ha ha, that is brilliant! =D>
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby cimperski » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:13 am

Official channel of Bundesliga on Facebook uploaded video of Goretzka being drawn in Bayern kit with description "And FC Bayern München's latest signing is... Leon Goretzka". After approximately 2 minutes they deleted it. :lol:
cimperski
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 am

+++ BREAKING NEWS +++

Der FC Bayern verpflichtet Leon Goretzka vom FC Schalke 04! Der deutsche Nationalspieler kommt ab Sommer nach München. Der Rekordmeister musste zudem keine Ablöse zahlen!

Herzlich Willkommen in München Leon!
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Rauntšik » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:24 am

Jup(p), it's done!
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Isabella » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:28 am

So everything is ready but Bayern’s official announcement is still missing and Bundesliga’s channel uploaded the video a little too early?
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News