You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Bailey [Leon Bailey Butler]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Bailey [Leon Bailey Butler]

Postby Coman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:
Coman wrote:
Bomber_der_Nation wrote:I feel like he is the perfect candidate for a buy and loan back for 2 years or buy and loan out to Frankfurt/ Hoffenheim for two years.

Why buy him and loan him to a weaker team than the one he is playing for now ?

If Bailey is bought it would be to replace Ribéry I guess.

Because Rudi Voeller hates us and will make our life hell is we buy Bailey, he most likely will not want to farm our player for us.

Whatever ... you don't spend €50M on a player to loan him.
Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Coman
Ulreich - Rafinha Martinez Süle Bernat - Tolisso Rudy Sanches - Müller/Gnabry Wagner Ribéry
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:51 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Roonzil » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Context is important:

Question was: Will the new head scout take Bailey and Brandt with him to FC Bayern in Summer.
Brazzo (smiling): No
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 pm

We must act FAST!!!! We have to get him regardless what Voller will say. The tens of millions saved by getting Goretzka free can be used for getting Bailey (50-60 millions can be enough, at this age in this summer, NOT in the next years when he will be at the peak of his powers). NOW!!! and FAST!!!!
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:52 pm

We won’t though... We‘ll extend Robben and Ribéry and continue to fall behind...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 pm

#12 wrote:We won’t though... We‘ll extend Robben and Ribéry and continue to fall behind...

NOOOOO :( :cry: :cry:
I'm starting to hate Ribery :evil:
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Or at least Malcom, or another fast winger. But the club lately only want germans. We will get Draxler or Brandt, but they aren't pure wingers with speed and pace, just a little quicker than James. I prefer a black player with stamina and speed on the wings and not Draxler. As Brand he tend to be better in the central zone, not on the wings [-X
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Roonzil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Whatever we would hypothetically bid...I'm pretty sure Neverkusen would not sell to us. Say we bid 80, ManUtd bid 75....ManUtd would get him (if Bailey agreed to the deal as well).
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Roonzil wrote:Whatever we would hypothetically bid...I'm pretty sure Neverkusen would not sell to us. Say we bid 80, ManUtd bid 75....ManUtd would get him (if Bailey agreed to the deal as well).

Well, at least it would be humorous that Bayer Leverkusen would consider us direct rivals 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Whatever we would hypothetically bid...I'm pretty sure Neverkusen would not sell to us. Say we bid 80, ManUtd bid 75....ManUtd would get him (if Bailey agreed to the deal as well).

Well, at least it would be humorous that Bayer Leverkusen would consider us direct rivals 8)

If this is their attitudine towards us, we should start to disband them, like we did with BVB, by taking them Harvetz, Henrichs or other players that we could poach. We should act like sharks with them, I'm sure Bayern's financial muscle and appeal can lure them somre really good young players even if we cant get Bailey who is their best product at this stage. Nobody cares when Real and Barca are poaching all the good players from Spain. We don't need good relations with BVB or B04 Lev, we should just buy the players we can, withoud thinking about Bundesliga, competitions, etc.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm

MUTU wrote:

Leverkusen's sporting director is Voeller and you know what he think about Bayern, no? "Selling one of my players to Bayern? Never and ever, I will sell to anyone but Bayern and will said no to any offer from them". I do not think Neverkusen think of us as direct rivals but more they hate us too much.
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby kingbayern » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:50 pm

leon bailey is a star....he is a one in a generation talent......we will regret not moving mountains to have him....btw reports in Jamaica says he wants to play for the national team so I am excited, .
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:51 pm

... plus, he's a butler :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Interestingly, and depressingly...so far zero links in the media between us and Bailey.... :(

Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Manchu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 pm

kingbayern wrote:leon bailey is a star....he is a one in a generation talent......we will regret not moving mountains to have him....btw reports in Jamaica says he wants to play for the national team so I am excited, .

Excuse me? I thought that it was Mbappe who was the once in a generation talent. Or maybe Sane. Or Dembele. Or Pulisic. Or Malcom. Or Ascensio. Or Lemar.

The point is that there are way too many "once in a generation talents" and "future top 3 players" running around right now(interestingly, none of them are center forwards, defenders, goalkeepers, center midfielders, or even number 10s, despite players like Timo Werner and Dele Alli having excellent goal scoring records). They can't all develop into the best player in the world, and they can't all be "top 3 players" in the popular imagination, much less actually among the actual 3 top field players in the world(positions in that category, believe it or not, are not actually monopolized by attacking players).

Many of the players I named are legitimately very talented, and maybe one or two of them will turn into one of the best attacking players in the world(I'm personally betting on Pulisic and Sane). Others will turn into very good, well regarded attackers like Hazard or Mane. Others will grow to be fairly good but not particularly well regarded players like Schurrle or Shaqiri. And among the very talented players, there might be one or two Andersons, players who completely fail.

Of course, there are probably at least one or two(and quite possibly more) Marko Marin's in that group, players who are not really that talented but manage to visually impress.

My overall point is simple: we cannot and should not treat young talents like they are destined to succeed and are thus worth as much they would be if they fulfilled the potential we ascribe to them. We made that mistake with Reneto Sanches, and it would not be a good to repeat it by spending 120 million plus(because I have a hard time seeing Bailey going for less at this point, unless it turns out he was heavily over performing and has a bad season next season) on a player who might succeed.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News