You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kai Havertz

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Is Havertz worth 120m euros?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 46

Re: Kai Havertz

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Why can’t we just keep James instead and dump Kovac & Muller?! Much cheaper and simpler solution :wink:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:12 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:The last team that they are going to sell him is Bayern (and i don't they are looking to sell him anyway). We all like the kid, but there is no chance for this to happen.

Yet you estimated his price tag to be around €60m. Somethings wrong.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

bastos80 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The last team that they are going to sell him is Bayern (and i don't they are looking to sell him anyway). We all like the kid, but there is no chance for this to happen.

Yet you estimated his price tag to be around €60m. Somethings wrong.

Nope I said around 65-70m. I bet they will sell him to Barca for 75, but 90m is not enough from Bayern.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:55 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Lets hope Leverkusen don't qualify for Europe next season. Havertz is the future of German football. Havertz is a player that Bayern can't miss out of. The board has to spend big on him since his contract runs until 2022.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am

he won't be let free to negotiate with us... cause of Voeller.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 am

It all depends on Havertz. If he only wants Bayern, then Völler's hands are tied. Leverkusen is a club that is build around qualifying for Europe. They have an expensive team and pay good wages (in Germany) so they need European football in order to keep their team in order.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Who would pay €80M for an unproven player with 80 minutes of Champions League and 67 minutes worth of international friendly match action under his belt? :lol: :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 pm

MUTU wrote:Who would pay €80M for an unproven player with 80 minutes of Champions League and 67 minutes worth of international friendly match action under his belt?
If we keep on like this we will end up buying no one
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Who would pay €80M for an unproven player with 80 minutes of Champions League and 67 minutes worth of international friendly match action under his belt? :lol: :lol:

In a world where clubs pay €45M for 17 year old players from Brazil, €80M for a 19 year old who's playing his THIRD good season as a regular starter doesn't seem to be that unrealistic. I would be suprirsed if it will be €80M, maybe €70M. But he's only getting better.
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I've only seen the kid playing a few times and didn't really pay attention to him (or he wasn't doing that much to make me). For those who follow him, is he worth this price tag of 70-80m? In other words, taking into consideration the market inflation, can we get a more "proven" player for the same price range?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:48 pm

MoFattal wrote:I've only seen the kid playing a few times and didn't really pay attention to him (or he wasn't doing that much to make me). For those who follow him, is he worth this price tag of 70-80m? In other words, taking into consideration the market inflation, can we get a more "proven" player for the same price range?

Yeah, James.
Anyways - let me say that I would rather have him than de Jong. I think he's the real deal for the #10. He's got it all.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:38 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Who would pay €80M for an unproven player with 80 minutes of Champions League and 67 minutes worth of international friendly match action under his belt? :lol: :lol:

In a world where clubs pay €45M for 17 year old players from Brazil, €80M for a 19 year old who's playing his THIRD good season as a regular starter doesn't seem to be that unrealistic. I would be suprirsed if it will be €80M, maybe €70M. But he's only getting better.

Completely agree. Havertz is only 19 years-old so he can't have much experience in the Champions League or with the National team. But, he has a lot of experience in the Bundesliga for a 19 year-old. I'm afraid that this could end up being the same as with Leroy Sané. If the board won't pay what the market says, then we'll loose one of the biggest talent Germany has seen in many years. Havertz is a clear starter for a good Bundesliga team and he's already made it to the National team at the age of 19. Not bad.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm

bastos80 wrote:

And he can also flop. That's the thing with youngsters, especially ones who haven't been tested at the highest levels. You'd think we've learned after seeing Sanches flop (albeit he's showing signs of a comeback lately)... and Sanches was far more proven. Played well in the Champions League, was the best young player of the Euro 2016... and yet...

We were prepared to spend €35M on a player who looked like the real deal and had somewhat proven himself. But we're not going to spend double our club transfer record on someone who's showing great promise but hasn't achieved anything yet.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

And he can also flop. That's the thing with youngsters, especially ones who haven't been tested at the highest levels. You'd think we've learned after seeing Sanches flop (albeit he's showing signs of a comeback lately)... and Sanches was far more proven. Played well in the Champions League, was the best young player of the Euro 2016... and yet...

We were prepared to spend €35M on a player who looked like the real deal and had somewhat proven himself. But we're not going to spend double our club transfer record on someone who's showing great promise but hasn't achieved anything yet.

You're wrong on Sanches being more proven when he arrived. Sanches arrived having played half a season at Benfica (a league far below the Bundesliga). Also Sanches was bought by Bayern well before the Euro 2016. So basically Bayern bought Sanches just for his potential, not current quality. Havertz has played 68 matches in the Bundesliga and 83 matches overall for Leverkusen, including European football. Havertz is much more proven then Sanches was when he was bought.

Havertz has achieved a lot personally. He's not won a title, but he's basically been a starter for Leverkusen for two seasons. Of course anyone can flop. Even proven stars can flop. Havertz could flop as well, but we can't say that to every player Bayern are interested in because all players can flop.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm

gumboduncan wrote:You're wrong on Sanches being more proven when he arrived. Sanches arrived having played half a season at Benfica (a league far below the Bundesliga). Also Sanches was bought by Bayern well before the Euro 2016. So basically Bayern bought Sanches just for his potential, not current quality. Havertz has played 68 matches in the Bundesliga and 83 matches overall for Leverkusen, including European football. Havertz is much more proven then Sanches was when he was bought.

Depends on how much you value domestic leagues. For me, just the two legs that Sanches played against Bayern is more 'proof' than the entirety of Havertz's career so far. He was tested at a very high level, and he excelled. Which high-pressure match did Havertz play in so far? Some Bundesliga or Europa League group stage match? Maybe it's just me, but I never like to value players highly before they prove themselves in some really big match... of course, by that time their price would generally skyrocket. Thing is, it seems like Havertz's has already skyrocketed before he got the chance to even play in a single big match.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News