You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Draxler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 pm

With statements like these Draxler could invite the wrath of Emery and miss out on playing time even further, thus damaging his chances for the World Cup even more.

He is right though. Mbappe was rushed back from an injury and looked lost and inexperienced in both legs. Draxler should have started at least in the second leg. PSG needed to score first to put pressure on Real but their approach in the first half was not as attacking as it should have been.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:47 pm

America USA wrote:With statements like these Draxler could invite the wrath of Emery and miss out on playing time even further, thus damaging his chances for the World Cup even more.

He is right though. Mbappe was rushed back from an injury and looked lost and inexperienced in both legs. Draxler should have started at least in the second leg. PSG needed to score first to put pressure on Real but their approach in the first half was not as attacking as it should have been.

Never a good thing to publicly criticize your coach, but Emery might not be around at the end of the season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:With statements like these Draxler could invite the wrath of Emery and miss out on playing time even further, thus damaging his chances for the World Cup even more.

Never a good thing to publicly criticize your coach, but Emery might not be around at the end of the season.

Well if Emery stays until the summer then he might relegate Draxler to the PSG bench or not even select him in the matchday squad from now until May and that would be a serious blow to Julian’s World Cup chances.

This statement of Draxler could mean suicide for his WC chances.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm

His WC chances are pretty poor anyway if Reus somehow manages to stay fit.

Sane, Reus and Mueller will definitely be ahead of him in the starting line-up, and I'd even dare say Goetze.

But you're right, it definitely won't help to get on the bad books of your coach.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 pm

I have conflicting thoughts about Draxler but TBH at this point if it came down to Emery vs Draxler I'd sack Emery today (TBH I would've done that by now anyways). If I'm in charge of PSG Draxler is more important to me right now than that fraud of a manager
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

aterford wrote:I have conflicting thoughts about Draxler but TBH at this point if it came down to Emery vs Draxler I'd sack Emery today (TBH I would've done that by now anyways). If I'm in charge of PSG Draxler is more important to me right now than that fraud of a manager

I take back what I implied earlier. I doubt Emery will be sacked. Why? Usually when coaches are fired so late in the season, it's because the club wants to save the season trophies. Thing is, they're out of the Champions League and their league position doesn't need to be saved; they're sitting comfortably 14 points on top of Ligue 1. So what exactly are they risking by leaving Emery in charge till the end of the season, getting eliminated from the French cup?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:I have conflicting thoughts about Draxler but TBH at this point if it came down to Emery vs Draxler I'd sack Emery today (TBH I would've done that by now anyways). If I'm in charge of PSG Draxler is more important to me right now than that fraud of a manager

I take back what I implied earlier. I doubt Emery will be sacked. Why? Usually when coaches are fired so late in the season, it's because the club wants to save the season trophies. Thing is, they're out of the Champions League and their league position doesn't need to be saved; they're sitting comfortably 14 points on top of Ligue 1. So what exactly are they risking by leaving Emery in charge till the end of the season, getting eliminated from the French cup?

Yeah, there's not much tangible benefit at this point, but at the same time I'd say one of the chief things people have criticized PSG about is having a weak mentality/not a winner's mentality. Keeping him around only serves to reinforce that notion, IMO
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Firing him now means they'd still need to keep on paying his salary until the end of the season (unless he finds a job elsewhere). If they fire him now, they're going to need to employ another coach instead of him and pay him a salary. Let's say the new coach's salary is €12m/yr, this means that he'd be paid €4m until the end of the season.

Is it feasible to pay €4m so as to, hopefully, reduce the criticism regarding the weak mentality? I think even a Sheikh would cringe at that, but it's never easy to guess what goes on in these people's minds to be fair.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Firing him now means they'd still need to keep on paying his salary until the end of the season (unless he finds a job elsewhere). If they fire him now, they're going to need to employ another coach instead of him and pay him a salary. Let's say the new coach's salary is €12m/yr, this means that he'd be paid €4m until the end of the season.

Is it feasible to pay €4m so as to, hopefully, reduce the criticism regarding the weak mentality? I think even a Sheikh would cringe at that, but it's never easy to guess what goes on in these people's minds to be fair.

Well, to that measure, with nothing much to gain and also not much to lose, I don't think they have much of a need to hire a manager to see out the rest of the season...hand it over to an interim at a very reduced rate and really hit things hard as soon as the season ends.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm pretty sure Draxler will be in the WC squad unless he's injured. Loew likes him and he was MVP in the Confederations Cup last summer
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Draxler is going to the World Cup and don't be surprised if he even starts.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:34 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Draxler is going to the World Cup and don't be surprised if he even starts.

I won't be so sure. If Reus can keep up his current stuff then he goes to Russia, Sane and Muller too will make it. Brandt has had a good season so far at Leverkusen. So if Draxler plays no games between now and the end of the season, he could be in trouble.

Would serve him right thought, he should never have gone to PSG. Should’ve stated in the BL or left for Spain, England or maybe even Italy.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Draxler is not half as good as you guys make him to be anyway...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm

America USA wrote:I won't be so sure. If Reus can keep up his current stuff then he goes to Russia, Sane and Muller too will make it. Brandt has had a good season so far at Leverkusen. So if Draxler plays no games between now and the end of the season, he could be in trouble.

In the end I think Brandt and Stindl will be the ones left out.

#12 wrote:Draxler is not half as good as you guys make him to be anyway...

I actually don't think he is good. I'm just saying what I think will happen having seen Joachim Low's decisions for a long time now.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 pm

I also think he‘ll go to Russia... But I don’t care... Don’t think he’s needed...
Mind you I am German and I want us to defend the cup...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News