You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 am

Brandt in a come-and-get-me plea to Bayern. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Inaccurate...

It was actually a report about previous contact...

Also a bullet we thankfully dodged...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-ba ... 59353.html

Very interesting speculation from the author. If his release clause is accurate then €30 million is a very good price for a player of his caliber and age. Brandt's been playing very well after the winter break in a more central position. I think he's more of a CM/AM then a winger as he's a great passer and has great control.

I'd rather buy Kai Havertz, but his price is much higher then Brandt's release clause.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 pm

gumboduncan wrote:https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bayern-julian-brandt-waere-ein-schnaeppchen-schlaegt-bayern-nach-hoeness-aussage-jetzt-zu-8259353.html

Very interesting speculation from the author. If his release clause is accurate then €30 million is a very good price for a player of his caliber and age. Brandt's been playing very well after the winter break in a more central position. I think he's more of a CM/AM then a winger as he's a great passer and has great control.

I'd rather buy Kai Havertz, but his price is much higher then Brandt's release clause.
I have been saying this for yrs finally someone took note of Brandt's pos...

Having said that I prefer Havertz
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 am

gumboduncan wrote:https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc-bayern-julian-brandt-waere-ein-schnaeppchen-schlaegt-bayern-nach-hoeness-aussage-jetzt-zu-8259353.html

If the reported buy-clause is accurate, we should definitely buy him, especially if James leaves. Brandt is not only an excellent player with a decided tendency of putting in WC performances whenever we play against him, but is also exceptionally versatile. He's obviously often played as a winger, he's playing great as an attacking midfielder right, and I've really liked his performances as a wing-back for Germany. Moreover, the way he outplayed our midfield and resisted our press(and without any technical midfielders to aid him) in Leverkusen's 3-1 victory makes me think that he could handle Thiago's ball-distribution duties when Thiago is injured or resting, although Brandt would obviously not be able to provide as much defensively. Considering our injury record, I think this quality of versatility is especially alluring.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:49 am

Julian Brandt vs Havertz vs (for comparison) Pulisic by Goalimpact:
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Manchu wrote:Julian Brandt vs Havertz vs (for comparison) Pulisic by Goalimpact:

Brandt's actual performances sees to be drastically off with his GI chart. 4+7 in 22 games, if we exclude the 2+2 game vs. Mainz, it's 2+5 in 21 games. Not impressive at all.
https://www.transfermarkt.de/julian-bra ... ler/187492

1 Drb / game, I think he will get owned by track and field athletes in the current football world. Pure passer like Ozil, and we know how Ozil is doing nowadays.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/14155 ... ian-Brandt

I cannot understand why GI puts such compliments on him.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Manchu wrote:Julian Brandt vs Havertz vs (for comparison) Pulisic by Goalimpact:

Brandt's actual performances sees to be drastically off with his GI chart. 4+7 in 22 games, if we exclude the 2+2 game vs. Mainz, it's 2+5 in 21 games. Not impressive at all.
https://www.transfermarkt.de/julian-bra ... ler/187492

1 Drb / game, I think he will get owned by track and field athletes in the current football world. Pure passer like Ozil, and we know how Ozil is doing nowadays.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/14155 ... ian-Brandt

I cannot understand why GI puts such compliments on him.

GI is a measure of everything you bring to the team. It has never been strictly correlated with scorer points. Players who have many scorer points relative to the minutes they play tend to have high GIs, yet there are also attacking players who have high GIs even though they rarely score or assist goals. Pedro comes to mind, and I believe what makes an effective player, despite his average attacking play, is his defensive work rate and ability to press and counterpress. There are even players, like Alexis Sanchez, who often score or assist goals yet have average GIs. It turns out that scoring a goal doesn't help much if you turn the ball over 30 times a game.

Additionally, it is interesting to remember that Coman, king of speed and dribbling, scores and assists goals at about the same rate as Brandt despite playing with far better teammates. Yet most Bayern fans think that Coman is potentially WC while thinking that Brandt is shit.

It is funny that you bring up Ozil. He's long been a favorite pundit target, and Emery benched him for most of this season. Yet most Arsenal fans started demanding that he be allowed to start again because it turned out that Arsenal was even more shit without him. No Ozil meant no offense. And of course he just made a statement recently about his value to the team, as did his much alike counterpart Mkhitaryan. Perhaps the technical playmaker still has some value.

As to Brandt's style of play, it is definitely unique. Spielverlagerung had an article on it a couple years ago. It's German, but if you, like me, can't read German you can read it using google translate. The article's general point, although it never clearly states it, is that Brandt is a master of "small ball." He helps his team doing all the little stuff right. For example, his passing is simply exceptional. He almost always makes the right decisions about who to pass the ball to. Moreover, not only can he pass equally well with both feet and pull off some very unconventional passes, but the weight on his passes is always perfect. The value of this cannot be underestimated, because it means that there is no 2 or 3 second delay in the attack as a player has to go out of his way or take two touches to receive the ball. The defense is stretched not just spatially but also temporally. A goal often results, but Brandt doesn't get credit for the assist because his pass was two or three passes before the final shot.

Such is the general style of Julian Brandt. By doing a thousand little things right, he shapes the game in favor of his team. People are more comfortable with having "small moments" players like that play in the midfield, which is why so many people think he should play there. Personally, I still find it surprising that people still doubt the quality of player whose play is not only incredibly aesthetically pleasing but who also made Bayern look like amateurs 2 of the last 4 times he played us. Just a few weeks ago he, with only the support of players of the quality of Julian Baumgartlinger and Charles Aránguiz,* absolutely shredded a midfield of James, Kimmich, and Goretzka.
*Havertz started but got injured fairly early on.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:32 am

That's not true at all.

Leverkusen didn't exist in the first half. They were lucky not to be down by 3 at half time.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Manchu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:52 am

YlonenXabi wrote:That's not true at all.

Leverkusen didn't exist in the first half. They were lucky not to be down by 3 at half time.

What I remember is that our attack did very well when we got the ball into the final third but that we had a great deal of trouble moving the ball forward because our midfield was getting outplayed. I was very annoyed at the time at James for not doing a good job compensating for Thiago's absence. And then, of course, the second half was all theirs.

edit: The other thing that I remember vividly is how much trouble we had trying to press the ball off of Brandt's feet. It was very vexing.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:34 am

YlonenXabi wrote:That's not true at all.

Exaggerated, but right on the money...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:42 pm

Manchu wrote:with only the support of players of the quality of Julian Baumgartlinger and Charles Aránguiz,* absolutely shredded a midfield of James, Kimmich, and Goretzka.
*Havertz started but got injured fairly early on.

That's not fair. In possession, Aranguiz is a better support midfielder than Kimmich and Goretzka. Aranguiz and Brandt made two fluid midfielder players for Leverkusen, while we only had one in James.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Coman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:07 pm

I don't know the reliability of this but I still post it.

4-3-3 : Neuer (Ulreich) - Kimmich (Pavard) Süle (Martinez) Hernandez (Boateng) Alaba (Davies) - Goretzka (Tolisso) Thiago (Cuisance) Coutinho (Sanches) - Gnabry (Müller) Lewandowski (Arp) Coman (Perisic)
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Lahmies » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:31 am

makes more sense than brandt to bayern tbh
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:52 pm

I'd love that to happen.

Dortmund would become stronger and Leverkusen are hopeless no matter what. And at the same time I don't think there's space for him in Bayern
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News