You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby bbenno » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 am

Of course Brandt is a steal for 12.5 mill and yes we should probably get him...but is he really the answer to our ageing Robbery??
I know we’re getting Gnabry back who is fast, but seriously...in the CL we can’t use Ribery next season. He is getting too slow.
Are we expecting Gnabry to come in and shine from day one?
We failed with Costa(or Costa failed with us, if you like). It’s time to realize that and go splash the cash for a fast WC winger! And I don’t see that happening by getting Brandt.
And we will be too stacked with attacking players to get another attacker besides Brandt.
I have a bad feeling about this one...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Manchu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am

IsiahRashad wrote:1 good play for..almost 80 minutes? Wow, sorry for not being impressed by this fam. Liverpool didn't want him because he is disappearing in the big games.

Brandt has 1 goal and 2 assists in 257 minutes against Bayern, or one scorer point every 86 minutes. I doubt that many players in the Bundesliga have better records against Bayern(Bailey is currently on 0 at 135 minutes played).

aterford wrote:Lol, the opportunism is real.

Funny how these people weren't hyping Brandt after he had an exceptional game(far better than Bailey was this game or that game for the matter) against us just a few months ago in the Bundesliga opener.

ramsej84 wrote:Sorry but I changed my mind...
He reminds me of an out of form Goetze...

Never agian ... we shall not make the same mistake...

Draxler / Pulisic

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to comment on any potential similarity between Gotze and Brandt, but I would like to make a point about Gotze.

We all know that Gotze was terrible at Bayern, right? That all he could do was ineffectively pass backwards after his disease had robbed him of his dribbling ability? That he added nothing going forwards and that 2015/16 was his worst season, right?

Well, I'm afraid that I'm not sure if any of that is actually true. I ran the math, and in the Bundesliga 2015/16 we played almost one goal more per 90 minutes when he was on the pitch than when he wasn't playing(3.01 goal per 90 minutes when he was playing and 2.1 goal per 90 minutes when he wasn't playing).* Moreover, we conceded about the same number of goals when he was playing as when he wasn't (0.47 goals per 90 minutes both when he was and was not playing). As far as I can tell, Gotze generally played against the same level of opposition as everyone else and wasn't mainly deployed against weaker teams.**

Thus, I am forced to decide that Gotze was doing something highly beneficial for the team when he was playing, whatever it was, and perhaps we should try to find someone who is similar(without having Gotze's negative traits like always being injured) our next major talent.

Aequitas1987 wrote:Bailey on the other hand being a speedy and gifted individual player as usual had a solid showing in term of doing well in 1on1s and exploiting the lack of pace in our lineup (Sule, Rafinha, Martinez, James, Ribery).

I would like to make a small point. A lot of people seem to think Bailey was excellent, but I'm not sure why, aside from people being overly impressed by him having a some good dribbling. He had one really good moment when he took on Sule and then hit the top of the crossbar, but aside from that he was relatively quiet and created very little. He dribbled well on the wing, but it never really lead to anything as the defense contained it well and he was unable to "assert his will."

It was more or less the same for Havetz, who was also quite quiet, and neither Volland(who scored on a lucky, deflected shot but otherwise didn't really threaten) nor Alario had good games. And, of course, Brandt, although he was doing some of the "little things" like distributing the ball well, had only one moment when he looked genuinely threatening.

Leverkusen are the third highest scoring team in the Bundesliga this season(behind only Bayern and Dortmond) this season, but you would hardly know it from watching Leverkusen play this game. They have generated an average of about 2 expected goals against their opponents while playing at home this season; they managed generate only 0.62 against Bayern.

In fact, Jupp managed to, through employment of 2 great destroyers, a solid right back, one of the best center backs in the world, arguably the best center back talent in the world, one of the two best left backs in the world, and a hint of his patented tactical genius, utterly neutralize Leverkusen's attack.

*Just for comparison, in 2015/16 we scored 1.98 goals per 90 minutes(in the Bundesliga) when Coman was playing, and 2.93 per 90 minutes when he wasn't playing, which is perhaps what we should expect for a young talent.

**There are better and more systemic ways to do what I just did which better account for the level of the opposition and home field advantage(i.e. goalimpact), but they would more or less say the same thing. That season, we had a much better goal difference(under most theories of football tactics, a positive goal difference is considered beneficial to winning a game) when Gotze was playing than when he wasn't playing.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Julian Brandt will not join Bayern in the summer - As it stands he will extend his contract at Leverkusen which will cancel his €12.5m release clause - Jürgen Brandt (father & agent): "Julian's goal is to play in Europe with Bayer Leverkusen next season" [SportBild]. Thank god.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:47 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Julian Brandt will not join Bayern in the summer - As it stands he will extend his contract at Leverkusen which will cancel his €12.5m release clause - Jürgen Brandt (father & agent): "Julian's goal is to play in Europe with Bayer Leverkusen next season" [SportBild]. Thank god.
Good for him. But he should consider changing his role on the pitch...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Good for him, that he stays with Leverkusen (and in the Bundesliga)! =D>

...and yes, good for us! :wink:
(12.5m was a steal, but if you disregard the discount price, he's not the player we need)
We can always come back for him, if he continues his development...

Now let's go get a proper winger this summer! :mrgreen:
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Can't wait to see #12's next post in this thread. 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Won't be surprised if he ends up here in 2019. Similar to when Götze signed extension in 2012 that inserted release clause into his contract. We were interested before then, and probably could've signed him or even waited for free (IIRC contract was up in 2014). Similarly....Brandt at €12.5m is a steal. Everyone knows it. Even at double the price that is a crazy bargain today, and I would say even triple is a fair price. So...I won't be surprised if there's already a wink-and-handshake agreement where Brandt signs an extension with a higher buyout clause and gives us another year for him to develop and still buy at a good price later. (or watch for a year and decide not to, I guess)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:06 am

If that's the case, i'm happy we didn't get him. Yes it is a steal, but we're a different club. We invest in the human side and not only in the market. I don't see us buying youngsters and not giving them a chance to just sell them with an added value... I know other clubs do like that and stack players like there is no tomorrow, and then loan them out to see how they turn out (Chelsea for example used to do that, maybe still do)...

Am i the only one seeing it this way?
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:34 pm

2 of Gnabry/Brandt is too much for us. Now Gnabry is better player than him in my opinion. He is developing well. so l'd prefer him to Brandt. instead of Brandt, we need a starter RW.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Isabella » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Pelin wrote:2 of Gnabry/Brandt is too much for us. Now Gnabry is better player than him in my opinion. He is developing well. so l'd prefer him to Brandt. instead of Brandt, we need a starter RW.

We do not need a starter RW, maybe a starter LW if Coman is not enough
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Gnabry is not better than Brandt
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

#12 wrote:Gnabry is not better than Brandt

He is.He is a better goalscorer.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Brandt is a better PLAYER...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 am

#12 wrote:Brandt is a better PLAYER...

MUTU? Admin??? Someone??? I'd like to report a hacked account......

;)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:30 am

Doesn’t mean he’s very good ;)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News