You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 pm

Butbutbut, he‘s sooooooo good?!?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11411
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 2791 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Lol, the opportunism is real.

Guess we will just ignore how early in the first pass Brandt got the ball, made a great run, perfect pass to Bailey (who apparently everybody wants now? lol) who was through on goal...and Bailey takes a Lukaku-level first touch and completely kills the attack ;) :lol:
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2163 times
Been thanked: 1351 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:38 pm

aterford wrote:Lol, the opportunism is real.

Guess we will just ignore how early in the first pass Brandt got the ball, made a great run, perfect pass to Bailey (who apparently everybody wants now? lol) who was through on goal...and Bailey takes a Lukaku-level first touch and completely kills the attack ;)
1 good play for..almost 80 minutes? Wow, sorry for not being impressed by this fam. Liverpool didn't want him because he is disappearing in the big games.

At least, Bailey was playing his game like he always do, we both use stats often, so why he is with the biggest rating from 04? And we should definitely not say anything for his move against Sule and how the post saved us from spectacular goal. And how he completed 4 dribbles against us, when Bayern had 5 as a team?

And who is everybody? I'm aware for only one more person who wants Leon instead of Brandt IF we're going to take someone from 04.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1856 times
Been thanked: 1884 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm

In order to disappear he would have to "appear" first...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11411
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 2791 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
aterford wrote:Lol, the opportunism is real.

Guess we will just ignore how early in the first pass Brandt got the ball, made a great run, perfect pass to Bailey (who apparently everybody wants now? lol) who was through on goal...and Bailey takes a Lukaku-level first touch and completely kills the attack ;)


1 good play for..almost 80 minutes? Wow, sorry for not being impressed by this fam. Liverpool didn't want him because he is disappearing in the big games.

At least, Bailey was playing his game like he always do, we both use stats often, so why he is with the biggest rating from 04? And we should definitely not say anything for his move against Sule and how the post saved us from spectacular goal. And how he completed 4 dribbles against us, when Bayern had 5 as a team?

And who is everybody? I'm aware for only one more person who wants Leon instead of Brandt IF we're going to take someone from 04.

Send via carrier pigeon.


Haha, you're missing the point. Pointing to one bad game (if we want to say "bad"; truthfully was just average, nothing worse) is about as meaningful as me pointing out a bad move from Bailey to say he's crap. Obviously it proves nothing. Just as an average showing vs Bayern (not sure I would consider the first BL match of the rückrunde to be a 'big' match either but I guess that's another question for another day) doesn't really prove anything about Brandt, either.

Who is everybody? I'm not sure. Just a few days ago it was *you* who made that claim:

IsiahRashad wrote:No offense bro, but can you explain to me why everyone wants Bailey


As an aside, I am curious. Where did you hear that Liverpool didn't want Brandt because he disappears in big games? Every paper I've found didn't say this at all: rather, he was Klopp's first choice, but Brandt turned down a potential move as he wasn't going to be guaranteed enough playing time. I haven't found anything to suggest Klopp views him any differently than he did last summer (when he reportedly put in a €30m bid for him).
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2163 times
Been thanked: 1351 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Sorry but I changed my mind...
He reminds me of an out of form Goetze...

Never agian ... we shall not make the same mistake...


Draxler / Pulisic

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 30415
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 24078 times
Been thanked: 4599 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

aterford wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
aterford wrote:Lol, the opportunism is real.

Guess we will just ignore how early in the first pass Brandt got the ball, made a great run, perfect pass to Bailey (who apparently everybody wants now? lol) who was through on goal...and Bailey takes a Lukaku-level first touch and completely kills the attack ;)


1 good play for..almost 80 minutes? Wow, sorry for not being impressed by this fam. Liverpool didn't want him because he is disappearing in the big games.

At least, Bailey was playing his game like he always do, we both use stats often, so why he is with the biggest rating from 04? And we should definitely not say anything for his move against Sule and how the post saved us from spectacular goal. And how he completed 4 dribbles against us, when Bayern had 5 as a team?

And who is everybody? I'm aware for only one more person who wants Leon instead of Brandt IF we're going to take someone from 04.

Send via carrier pigeon.


Haha, you're missing the point. Pointing to one bad game (if we want to say "bad"; truthfully was just average, nothing worse) is about as meaningful as me pointing out a bad move from Bailey to say he's crap. Obviously it proves nothing. Just as an average showing vs Bayern (not sure I would consider the first BL match of the rückrunde to be a 'big' match either but I guess that's another question for another day) doesn't really prove anything about Brandt, either.

Who is everybody? I'm not sure. Just a few days ago it was *you* who made that claim:

IsiahRashad wrote:No offense bro, but can you explain to me why everyone wants Bailey


As an aside, I am curious. Where did you hear that Liverpool didn't want Brandt because he disappears in big games? Every paper I've found didn't say this at all: rather, he was Klopp's first choice, but Brandt turned down a potential move as he wasn't going to be guaranteed enough playing time. I haven't found anything to suggest Klopp views him any differently than he did last summer (when he reportedly put in a €30m bid for him).


Yeah, Chelsea, United and Arsenal wants the Jamaican player.Chelsea are really close to him to be honest. They will need someone to replace Hazard. This is what i say when writing it, not how every single person on the forum wants him.
Well, i don't have the time to find the original source, because I'm writing from the phone, but i will try to find it these days.

And yeah, i think everyone is watching the first game after the break, also the fact that we won our first game against one of the biggest teams in Germany in BayArena since 2013 is making it pretty big game for me.

I don't know fam, Bailey was their best player against Dortmund, Leipzig and Schalke and against us today. You can check the stats quickly. I really like players that are stepping up in a big way against the big teams (and not only against them), and given the fact that he is only 20 years old-imagine what he is going to do in 4, 5 years.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1856 times
Been thanked: 1884 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:29 pm

I think you are misunderstanding me. Don't get me wrong my man - I like Bailey just fine and would be happy with him. He's a good player.
But I don't think Bailey playing well in this game (or this season as a whole) really says anything about Brandt, either. I still think Brandt is a great player and I think the stats back that up, too - regardless of what Bailey is doing. The two are independent of each other and that's okay. There are some games where Brandt is great and Bailey is crap. There are others where Bailey is great and Brandt is crap....these things happen. So that's my point: just like one bad play from Bailey doesn't mean he's crap or overrated - so also one bad game from Brandt doesn't mean he's crap or overrated (or better/worse than Bailey, for that matter). Drawing conclusions from one play or one match is really premature. Both good players and I wouldn't complain about ending up with either (or both, lol)
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2163 times
Been thanked: 1351 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Sorry but I changed my mind...
He reminds me of an out of form Goetze...

Never agian ... we shall not make the same mistake...


Draxler / Pulisic

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Draxler reminds me of an out of form Ramelow
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11411
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 2791 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

I rate Brandt as a poor man's Sebatian Rode.
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
User avatar
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Bavaria on my mind
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby aterford » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:28 am

OhioFan wrote:I rate Brandt as a poor man's Sebatian Rode.


This is such a strange take.
First off, calling a winger a poor man's box-to-box/defensive midfielder? Well, if you mean that Brandt would be worse than Rode at CDM.....then sure, maybe....But I am pretty confident we wouldn't play him there and I don't think anyone else would either...
Second - regardless of how futile it is to try and compare such different positions - even if you don't rate Brandt as high as myself, Manchu, or some others here - at 21 he's still MILES better than Rode has ever, EVER been. I mean, come on, man!
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2163 times
Been thanked: 1351 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 am

aterford wrote:
OhioFan wrote:I rate Brandt as a poor man's Sebatian Rode.


This is such a strange take.
First off, calling a winger a poor man's box-to-box/defensive midfielder? Well, if you mean that Brandt would be worse than Rode at CDM.....then sure, maybe....But I am pretty confident we wouldn't play him there and I don't think anyone else would either...
Second - regardless of how futile it is to try and compare such different positions - even if you don't rate Brandt as high as myself, Manchu, or some others here - at 21 he's still MILES better than Rode has ever, EVER been. I mean, come on, man!


Perhaps a poor analogy. I mean he doesn't seem to have near as much going for him as your protagonists seem to think.
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
User avatar
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: Bavaria on my mind
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 352 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 am

It was a very average display by Brandt but people keep ignoring the context of the match - the context in this case being us and how Jupp set us up tactically. Some of Brandt's best assets are his ability to combine well with players, do quick combinations, do off the ball smart runs (muller) and vision to pick out other deadly runs.

In a 4-3-3 with two destroyers in midfield and high pressing, the passing lanes as well as combinations were blocked by the tactics applied by Jupp. He attempted a few times to do combinations and off the ball runs but his partners (sometimes Bailey) were not on the same page and did not lead to anything.

Overall, he still had a poor performance but as aterford said its one game and the context of every game is usually the opponents and in this case Jupp's 4-3-3 as well as the lineup choice negated a lot of his strengths.

Bailey on the other hand being a speedy and gifted individual player as usual had a solid showing in term of doing well in 1on1s and exploiting the lack of pace in our lineup (Sule, Rafinha, Martinez, James, Ribery).

I still stand by it - a Brandt is still a vastly superior fit for Bayern than Bailey is - I had said before and I will say it again, its not about his own ability to be a standout and MVP in the big games, its his small contributions throughout that make all our other WC players shine. When he is playing and combining with the likes of Thiago, Muller, Kimmich, James, Goretzka who are all gifted technically, have a high football IQ, do great combinations and 1-2s, make good off the ball runs, thats where Brandt will be one of the key ingredients to syncing all that up.
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 am

Anyway have you seen any solid rumours linking us with him?
Secondly, we can get him for ONLY 12.5 million which is almost free after barcelona started paying 100 million for fun..
If he flops we can sell him even after 1 season for over 30 million easily to one of the english teams..
I too don't rate him highly but its a win-win for us..
If he flops then we make profit..if it works out then "bingo!" we are set for the next 8 years..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3624
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 1200 times
Gender: Male

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:13 am

Nothing substantial. I am not as experienced as some of the other users here who can differentiate between solid sources and fake ones - but this is the latest on this front ~https://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussball/nicht-nur-schalkes-goretzka-fc-bayern-will-auch-julian-brandt-id213026985.html

Also this interview from 5 days ago I think showcases a lot about his footballing IQ and how he sees himself.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bund ... 467522.jsp
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot], America USA, EudisCrespo11, Yahoo! [Bot] and 15 guests