You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Much better than mediocre Draxler for 70m or the new Douglas Costas (Bailey and Malcom).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
No offense bro, but can you explain to me why everyone wants Bailey/Malcom and we are now (Liverpool don't want him anymore) the only ones who are looking for Brandt?

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:03 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Much better than mediocre Draxler for 70m or the new Douglas Costas (Bailey and Malcom).

No offense bro, but can you explain to me why everyone wants Bailey/Malcom and we are now (Liverpool don't want him anymore) the only ones who are looking for Brandt?

Send via carrier pigeon.
Cause everybody is blinded by brute force and speed.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:

Send via carrier pigeon.
Cause everybody is blinded by brute force and speed.

There should be a reason why every top team is playing with 2 fast wingers - Bayern(Coman,Robben);Barca(Dembele;Messi);Real(Bale,Assensio or Ronaldo);City(Sane,Sterling);Chelsea(as a FB-Alonso;Moses);United(Marcial,Rashford),Pool(Mane,Salah) and many others...
The thing is-this is the modern day football and the most important thing-it's working.With Bayern's traditions to demand more on wing players i'm not saying that Brandt is going to flop,but i can guarantee you that he's going to use overlapping to the left almost all the time and we're going to be so **** predictable-like we are with Ribery at the moment (when he is playing).
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MICUN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Philip Max is much better option than this kid... 10 time better option,belive me.

Brandt is so predictable...hi is just for Lever,Werder,or club something like that...Also,Gnabry is much more better player...Zou will see,that I am right!
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MICUN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 pm

MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:46 am

What are you talking about MICUN? Why are you talking about a left back when this thread is about a left winger? Julian Brandt is a great offensive talent that already is a senior national player. For 12.5 million euros he would be a gift for Bayern next summer. We should definitely go after him.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:58 am

Erm... Bailey and Malcom at least have shown actual skills in a good league... Costa did that for three months... And his biggest problem was being a HUGE mercenary... Not saying they‘d definitely work... But Brandt doesn’t even shine at Leverkusen... Decent squad player, that’s it...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 am

12.5 million is dirt cheap get him..if he fails we can sell him to an english club for 50 million + ..even though I'm not sure even 50 million holds any value in today's market all thanks to united and barcelona..

Never thought I would say this but..
Even city seem prudential in their spending now..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MICUN » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:55 pm

gumboduncan wrote:What are you talking about MICUN? Why are you talking about a left back when this thread is about a left winger? Julian Brandt is a great offensive talent that already is a senior national player. For 12.5 million euros he would be a gift for Bayern next summer. We should definitely go after him.

He is not left back,he is ofensive midfielder,and Philipp can play LW,RW. He is injured now..
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Pelin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

One of Gnabry/Brandt is good for back up, 2 of them is too much, also considering we need a RW, so he has nothing to do with Malcom or another RW.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm

MICUN wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:What are you talking about MICUN? Why are you talking about a left back when this thread is about a left winger? Julian Brandt is a great offensive talent that already is a senior national player. For 12.5 million euros he would be a gift for Bayern next summer. We should definitely go after him.

He is not left back,he is ofensive midfielder,and Philipp can play LW,RW. He is injured now..

A swing and a miss.
Philipp Max [source]
is a left back.
Maximilian Philipp [source]
is a forward.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Manchu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am

IsiahRashad wrote:[

There should be a reason why every top team is playing with 2 fast wingers - Bayern(Coman,Robben);Barca(Dembele;Messi);Real(Bale,Assensio or Ronaldo);City(Sane,Sterling);Chelsea(as a FB-Alonso;Moses);United(Marcial,Rashford),Pool(Mane,Salah) and many others...
The thing is-this is the modern day football and the most important thing-it's working.With Bayern's traditions to demand more on wing players i'm not saying that Brandt is going to flop,but i can guarantee you that he's going to use overlapping to the left almost all the time and we're going to be so **** predictable-like we are with Ribery at the moment (when he is playing).

Just because there is a reason that teams prefer to buy fast wingers doesn't mean it's a logical reason. In fact, although some coaches(particularly Guardiola) have specific tactical reasons for preferring fast wingers, many others use them because "that's the way it's always been done." Moreover, as fast and skillful wingers are typically regarded as the most prestigious and best players, the pressure from fans, tabloids, and often times from the board to buy them is enormous.

In fact, the only teams to experiment with playing without conventionally-skilled wingers are those which don't have access to them. This often means national teams. Although the results from the German and Spanish national teams, two teams which have generally played without fast wingers and often any "real" wingers at all,* over the last decade are excellent, for whatever reason no club I'm aware of has attempted to duplicate the tactical systems involved.

Of course, the case of Barcelona this season also provides a fascinating example of how to play without wingers. When Neymar, Barcelona's fast, dribbling winger, left last summer after Barcelona had a bad season, almost everyone assumed Barcelona were in a ton of trouble. Barcelona's board responded by panic buying Dembele as a replacement. Alas, Dembele got injured before he had even played a single full game and Valverde was forced to improvise. What he did was resurrect the 4-4-2, with none of the midfield 4 being wingers and with Messi and Suarez playing together uptop. This shift recognized the fact that Messi really isn't a winger, even if he was forced to play RW by MSN(and mind you Barcelona fans were constantly complaining last season how Messi was spending too much time in the center, leading to Rakitic having to spend too much time on the right to compensate, which created midfield problems), and is in fact best in the center. The result of abandoning wingers for Barcelona has been that, after losing "the third best player in the world," they are leading La Liga by a huge margin and generally playing much better than they were last year.

Additionally, Real Madrid won the Champions League last season while playing a 4-1-2-1-2, a wingerless system. This system obviously has it's limitations(it asks too much of the fullbacks, for example, and a back 3 with wingbacks would probably work better), but it does show that fast wingers are not the only road possible to success.

Finally, you mentioned Chelsea as an example of a club which plays with fast wingers even though they are not. Wingbacks are quite dissimilar to wingers tactically, and the equivalent of Alonso and Moses isn't Robbery but instead Alaba and Kimmich. The three in the back with wingbacks a classic way to deal with not having wingers.

All of this is perhaps a little too detailed because I don't argue for the abolition of wingers at all. I merely suggest that perhaps we should not only measure players by speed and accept that a player who is not incredibly fast, but who is incredibly skilled, a good dribbler, and very tactically intelligent might be a good winger even if he doesn't match up with all the stereotypes about the role. For comparison, Thomas Muller is excellent winger(just check his World Cup record) even though he can't dribble at all and isn't particularly fast.

As the issue of Brandt being predictable, let's just say that "predictable" and "Brandt" being in the same sentence is unexpected. He has a knack for seeing tactical solutions that no one else can, and sometimes he manages to surprise even his own teammates(he also more commonly plays an incisive pass to an "underlapping fullback" than he does to an overlapping one, but that's another story). Moreover, he's actually a pretty good dribbler. In raw ability, he's not as good as Sane, but Brandt is much more versatile in which types of dribbling he can use).

Finally, you're drawing a connection between lack of dribbling ability and predictability that really doesn't exist. Among our attackers, our best dribbler(Coman) is our most predictable player, and our worse dribbler(Muller) is our least predictable player.

*Reus and Draxler obviously complicate this a bit, but neither one has been a starter during the NT's greatest successes and Draxler really isn't that fast, even though he is an excellent dribbler.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am

Well, let's talk about his weaknesses now,

albeit accomplished in attack, the same amount of praise cannot be given to him in regards to defending.And this is his biggest weakness for me. Across the years, Brandt has seen himself leave his supporting full back exposed as a result of his lack of defensive contribution. This then causes a problem for the left back as a result of the fact that he is left with much more work to do in defence and potentially has to deal with two opposing players when they are attacking. Considering Brandt’s young age, this is not necessarily the biggest issue in the world, but his contribution in defence must be improved upon in the near future, and given the fact that Alaba is not from the players that are staying in defense - I'm seeing the openings in the left side of the pitch with these two playing together.

Julian maybe will become a very good, WC player one day, but i just don't like him at the moment and i don't think that he is a player who can take us on another level. Maybe I'm wrong, but i see too many similarities with Gotze;almost the same things was said for him before his transfer in Bayern and we know how this ended.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:20 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Well, let's talk about his weaknesses now,

albeit accomplished in attack, the same amount of praise cannot be given to him in regards to defending.And this is his biggest weakness for me. Across the years, Brandt has seen himself leave his supporting full back exposed as a result of his lack of defensive contribution. This then causes a problem for the left back as a result of the fact that he is left with much more work to do in defence and potentially has to deal with two opposing players when they are attacking. Considering Brandt’s young age, this is not necessarily the biggest issue in the world, but his contribution in defence must be improved upon in the near future, and given the fact that Alaba is not from the players that are staying in defense - I'm seeing the openings in the left side of the pitch with these two playing together.

Julian maybe will become a very good, WC player one day, but i just don't like him at the moment and i don't think that he is a player who can take us on another level. Maybe I'm wrong, but i see too many similarities with Gotze;almost the same things was said for him before his transfer in Bayern and we know how this ended.

Send via carrier pigeon.

That's fair I guess but hardly unique to Brandt; he's no worse a defender than Bailey, Malcom, etc.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext