You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

João Cancelo [João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: João Cancelo [João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo]

Postby zozon » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:34 pm

Lol, what a burn by MUTU :lol: :D
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby 1911 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I honestly don't understand that with Davies prominence why we are not looking at Alaba as a midfield option over Kimmich, I think he fits the characteristics of a dynamic box to box MDF way more than Kimmich

This 100%
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:59 pm

IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:22 am

1911 wrote:
Aequitas1987 wrote:I honestly don't understand that with Davies prominence why we are not looking at Alaba as a midfield option over Kimmich, I think he fits the characteristics of a dynamic box to box MDF way more than Kimmich

This 100%

I know many would like to think so, but Alaba is not a good passer. Certainly not as good as Kimmich. Yes, he has generally better defensive skills and a more dangerous shot, but Kimmich outshines Alaba when it comes to passing. Kimmich has pulled a ridiculous number of assists and crazy passes, either as a RB or as a CDM, whereas I think we all know how many times a game Alaba used to bin his crosses all over to the other side of the pitch.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby 1911 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:46 am

Machiavellico wrote:
1911 wrote:

This 100%

I know many would like to think so, but Alaba is not a good passer. Certainly not as good as Kimmich. Yes, he has generally better defensive skills and a more dangerous shot, but Kimmich outshines Alaba when it comes to passing. Kimmich has pulled a ridiculous number of assists and crazy passes, either as a RB or as a CDM, whereas I think we all know how many times a game Alaba used to bin his crosses all over to the other side of the pitch.

Kimmich is a better crosser and short passer in the final third. Alaba is far superior in ball retention and starting the attack, just as he’s been showing at CB. Not to mention his superior defense and mobility. Kimmich gets harried off the ball and makes too many errors at the #6. His skill set is best used at RB or at #8.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 am

I thought we are looking for a prototype CDM of sorts who gives an extra layer of protection to our back line, presses hard, intercepts and restarts attacks.

Alabas passing range is not poor, its worse than Kimmichs for sure but by no means is it poor. More importantly he is a better presser, he is quicker at pressing, he is better at winning the ball and starting attacks and he can dribble out of small tight spaces better than Kimmich.

We have Thiago for all our distribution needs currently and Alaba is definitely a better passer than Goretzka or Tolisso.

Under Flick, who sees Kimmich as a CDM is why this debate is happening and by his own philosophies I believe Alaba can do much more for his press and turnovers than Kimmich.

My opinion is that if we were not plagued with defensive injuries, we would have seen from Flick the experiment of Alaba in midfield

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 am

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Back on topic as much as I am a fan of being German focused and having a German core etc. I really do not find Klosterman special at all, I think Cancelo is a far better fit.

SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby xevi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:52 pm

If we talk about style I don't think it's a factor having a non german RB and if we have a clearly better one available than klostermann we should get it but on loan.

Anyway on summer I wouldn't spend much on a RB as pavard and kimmich will be there and now they just want to wait for a new coach that decides where kimmich will play.

Also it's like a choice also considering sane and havertz maybe the main focus:
A rb like cancelo and kimmich as DM
Or
Kmmich as RB with a 35-40M DM to see if he goes with the style and has enough quality also playing with a new comer havertz. I don't know.

We need a RB/DM, a CB, havertz and sane. A one year and a half loan of cancelo would be the best. Of course city won't accept that but I wouldn't invest 40-50M or more for a 25 nearly 26 yo Rb as we need havertz and sane mostly and all money will go for them. I would pay for a very good DM but investing money on a RB? We have four FB on pavard (that plays in two positions), kimmich, alaba and davies for very cheap. I mean FB isn't so important position. I think it's more intelligent get players on loan here that on wingers and "stars" of the team a la coutinho or james where the team never gets stablished.

The same it goes for the cb that bayern need. With a max 24 years old CBsand with pavard, sule, lucas and mai it makes no sense spending much money for getting one as they don't want to get a better one than sule or lucas.

A rb and a cb on loan would be the best if we need to make sure we get havertz and sane. Also we have two players on loan so It's not crazy. Spend just if we get a very good DM.
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Erm... Süle is on his way to be the next Badstuber, Hernandez seems very injury prone as well...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I thought we are looking for a prototype CDM of sorts who gives an extra layer of protection to our back line, presses hard, intercepts and restarts attacks.

Alabas passing range is not poor, its worse than Kimmichs for sure but by no means is it poor. More importantly he is a better presser, he is quicker at pressing, he is better at winning the ball and starting attacks and he can dribble out of small tight spaces better than Kimmich.

We have Thiago for all our distribution needs currently and Alaba is definitely a better passer than Goretzka or Tolisso.

Under Flick, who sees Kimmich as a CDM is why this debate is happening and by his own philosophies I believe Alaba can do much more for his press and turnovers than Kimmich.

My opinion is that if we were not plagued with defensive injuries, we would have seen from Flick the experiment of Alaba in midfield

No. The origin of the problem is not that Flick sees Kimmich as a MF, it's that Kimmich sees Kimmich as a MF and gets enabled by the coach(es).

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:06 pm

xevi wrote:If we talk about style I don't think it's a factor having a non german RB and if we have a clearly better one available than klostermann we should get it but on loan.

Anyway on summer I wouldn't spend much on a RB as pavard and kimmich will be there and now they just want to wait for a new coach that decides where kimmich will play.

Or
Kmmich as RB with a 35-40M DM to see if he goes with the style and has enough quality also playing with a new comer havertz. I don't know.

We need a RB/DM, a CB, havertz and sane. A one year and a half loan of cancelo would be the best. Of course city won't accept that but I wouldn't invest 40-50M or more for a 25 nearly 26 yo Rb as we need havertz and sane mostly and all money will go for them. I would pay for a very good DM but investing money on a RB? We have four FB on pavard (that plays in two positions), kimmich, alaba and davies for very cheap. I mean FB isn't so important position. I think it's more intelligent get players on loan here that on wingers and "stars" of the team a la coutinho or james where the team never gets stablished.

The same it goes for the cb that bayern need. With a max 24 years old CBsand with pavard, sule, lucas and mai it makes no sense spending much money for getting one as they don't want to get a better one than sule or lucas.

A rb and a cb on loan would be the best if we need to make sure we get havertz and sane. Also we have two players on loan so It's not crazy. Spend just if we get a very good DM.
1) No one should be counting Mai when counting our CBs.

2) Sule is crap.

3) Lucas has more than half a year here and he has played something like 3 games... At this point, he doesn't appear very reliable at all. We need another CB. A quality one.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
xevi wrote:If we talk about style I don't think it's a factor having a non german RB and if we have a clearly better one available than klostermann we should get it but on loan.

Or

1) No one should be counting Mai when counting our CBs.

2) Sule is crap.

3) Lucas has more than half a year here and he has played something like 3 games... At this point, he doesn't appear very reliable at all. We need another CB. A quality one.

When I remember how much money we spent on him
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 pm

Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:29 am

Wow! Did you really predict a Bayern player getting injured

Genius :lol:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Wow! Did you really predict a Bayern player getting injured

Genius :lol:

I predicted THIS player to be a bad purchase and injury prone...
Also you can cut the poor little sacrificial lamb act: we're not even remotely close to being the side in the Bundesliga that is most struck by injuries... Actually, we're in the upper midfield...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News