You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

João Cancelo [João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: João Cancelo [João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:It was surely not only his fault, but Kimmich was shockingly atrocious against Wolfsburg

Cancelo is a great option for the RB position. But I'm not sure if Kimmich is a good long term solution for our midfield

I love Kimmich and all that but he has a choice to make: either he agrees to playing at RB, or he should get used to the bench/find a new club. He's not good enough for Bayern in midfield, and I doubt he ever will be.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:It was surely not only his fault, but Kimmich was shockingly atrocious against Wolfsburg

Cancelo is a great option for the RB position. But I'm not sure if Kimmich is a good long term solution for our midfield

I love Kimmich and all that but he has a choice to make: either he agrees to playing at RB, or he should get used to the bench/find a new club. He's not good enough for Bayern in midfield, and I doubt he ever will be.
Kimmich in a three men mdf ... comprising of Thiago and Tolisso.

Davies and a new RWB ...

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Kimmich in a three men mdf ... comprising of Thiago and Tolisso.

Davies and a new RWB ...

Still no. We deserve way better midfielders than Kimmich.

I also don’t like 4-3-3 without an AM much, but that is just me.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:07 pm

I don't mind Kimmich in mdf.

Imo Kimmich plays well wherever he is deployed... same as Alaba.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:03 am

Kimmich can shine only in a 3-man midfield, he ain't Schweinsteiger or Alonso to command and dictate a game every weekend however he has the skills to become world class in a trio of Thiago-Kimmich-Transfer under Flick or ten Hag.

I prefer him in the RB role where IMO he is top-3 and can become the absolute #1 RB of the next decade but if the coaches see something in him and can provide in the midfield department where we bleed since Basti-Kroos left so be it...

Bayern must invest in the DMF position to partner a special player with Thiago & Kimmich and finally to build a proper midfield backbone.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:03 am

I honestly don't understand that with Davies prominence why we are not looking at Alaba as a midfield option over Kimmich, I think he fits the characteristics of a dynamic box to box MDF way more than Kimmich.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:36 am

Achilles wrote:Kimmich can shine only in a 3-man midfield, he ain't Schweinsteiger or Alonso to command and dictate a game every weekend however he has the skills to become world class in a trio of Thiago-Kimmich-Transfer under Flick or ten Hag.

I prefer him in the RB role where IMO he is top-3 and can become the absolute #1 RB of the next decade but if the coaches see something in him and can provide in the midfield department where we bleed since Basti-Kroos left so be it...

Bayern must invest in the DMF position to partner a special player with Thiago & Kimmich and finally to build a proper midfield backbone.

Yes, that's how I see it point by point

And that's why Kimmich might be a good option in midfield for Germany with Kroos and Gündogan next to him. He needs to play in a 3 man midfield as he is not creative enough nor can dictate the tempo of the game and he is not a destroyer midfielder either
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:16 am

Achilles wrote:Kimmich can shine only in a 3-man midfield, he ain't Schweinsteiger or Alonso to command and dictate a game every weekend however he has the skills to become world class in a trio of Thiago-Kimmich-Transfer under Flick or ten Hag.

Thanks.

However #1 rb is alex arnold no doubt about that
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:42 pm

[-o<

But getting a DM plus kimmich as MF means bayern should get a RB too, and a CB of course and as boateng and javi are the only players leaving soon I don't see bayern making so many transfers so I wish for a DM and a CB. That would be enough in fact with your point but If we get havertz and a DM kimmich has no space there.
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Well I don't know about Boateng & Javi but to me they look finished at this level both must leave and replaced by more than decent footballers to provide instant quality. Depends on the squad planning(?) but those two are expandable, there are rumors for Unai Nunez & Henrichs so I believe we're OK with those transfers and all we need is another quality CB(free Alderweireld?)
If not for the serious injuries of Sule & Hernandez we would have a better picture on what we need unfortunately bad luck knocked our door again so we don't know how the CB duo we were depending on our future would work because Alaba was injured as well in the start of the season and Lucas played LB under Kovac.

Havertz obviously is a top target however if we intend to use Kimmich permanently in the midfield AND sign Havertz then I'd see Thiago out of the club if we sign an expensive creative midfielder there is no room for Thiago. We need a more robust and good defensively DMF to partner with Kimmich and Thiago and not yet another technical but soft midfielder like Havertz,Coutinho or Eriksen. Thiago is better overall so I'd stick to him with Kimmich + DMF transfer behind Thiago being advanced and playmaking, we finally must utilize our players properly and don't fill our needs because "he can play there too" either pay big for a strong DMF or re-shape it accordingly.

Right now Cancelo is a better player than Henrichs but the asking price will play a major role and definitely Cancelo will cost more than 50M not to mention the on-going talks about Sane with City, this doesn't help either...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:52 pm

But let's see:

Boateng- unai?
Javi - DM, cancelo on loan?
James, coutinho - havertz?
Perisic- sane

So I don't see why if havertz came, thiago would leave. I think the discussion is we get a RB or a DM depending on kimmich and it seems all signals go for getting a DM, also a plyaer we haven't. Imo it doesn't make sense spending on a RB when we have kimmich and pavard being one of the best combinations starter-sub in squad.

Also boa and javi leaving it means that we won't get 3 mew players. Bayern misreinforce the team not overreinforce.

I would be pretty happy with unai, havertz, sane and a DM among this winter and summer and forget cancelo, just on loan amd for an emergency (january-june).
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Two words:

Ruben Neves
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:53 pm

#12 wrote:Two words:

Ruben Neves
I approve, he shares his birthday with me...

Last bayern player to do so waw Badstuber
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Ruben Neves

So does Marc-André ter Stegen with me and I don't see him joining Bayern anytime soon. :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:31 am

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Ruben Neves

So does Marc-André ter Stegen with me and I don't see him joining Bayern anytime soon. :mrgreen:

Mind you, he should. Training every day with Neuer would help him to finally recognise the gulf in quality between him and Neuer, and he would stop asking to be the #1 for Die Mannschaft :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News