You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Coman wrote:
nm462272 wrote:why would you want to sell Tolisso?

Tolisso or Vidal.

Because we have Goretzka coming and that's 3 box to box would be useless.

yeah, Vidal for sure. Tolisso could very well be better than Goretzka - and he's already showed us that he can perform in big games (PSG, RM). They're both 23 and have a bright future - no need to pick one immediately.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Divyansh » Sat May 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Coman wrote:Sell him would be a dumb idea.

Actually selling any player except Bernat, Rudy, Tolisso or Vidal would be stupid.

Who do you think should replace Robben?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Divyansh
Getting the hang of it

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:17 pm

we shouldnt be thinking about selling one of the best cbs..he is not even that old..defenders peek at his age and he still has at least 3-4 years of top football in him if he stays healthy.

we finally have 3 good cbs and there is no need to change that.

like someone mentioned..only ones that we should be thinking of selling are bernat and rudy..i would even keep vidal and tolisso..we all saw that you can never have too big of a squad with amount of injuries we have. i would even keep ribery and robben and add 1 more winger next to gnabry. we need a big squad so we dont make same mistakes again.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Boateng is one of the best CB's in the world. Why would we sell a player like him?

Even if we sell him, we would need to spend big to sign a replacement who will probably not be as good and integrated in the team as he is.

As Coman and Sch0ll pointed out, we should get rid of our weak links and add some quality to the squad.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 05, 2018 10:58 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Boateng is one of the best CB's in the world. Why would we sell a player like him?

Even if we sell him, we would need to spend big to sign a replacement who will probably not be as good and integrated in the team as he is.

As Coman and Sch0ll pointed out, we should get rid of our weak links and add some quality to the squad.
Is he still, though? I'm not quite sure. As I've said before, his long passing seems gone and his defending has never really convinced me in some aspects.

He is also unreliable injury-wise.

Also; he seems to want to leave.

IMO, Süle should start alongside Hummels next season, unless Boateng shows he deserves to be the starter.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Yes and then Hummels is injured and let the party begin
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes and then Hummels is injured and let the party begin
Well, I'm most certainly not saying "let's sell Boateng, whatever the cost, and get no-one". I'm saying that if all of the following conditions allign, then we should sell:

1) he wants to leave
2) he will fetch a good enough price
3) we can get a younger healthier potentially WC player to replace him

Else, then keep him. But regardless of him staying or going, I think Süle should be given the majority of the RCB minutes, unless Boateng proves conclusively that he is better.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby aterford » Sun May 06, 2018 3:29 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Well, I'm most certainly not saying "let's sell Boateng, whatever the cost, and get no-one". I'm saying that if all of the following conditions allign, then we should sell:

1) he wants to leave

Else, then keep him. But regardless of him staying or going, I think Süle should be given the majority of the RCB minutes, unless Boateng proves conclusively that he is better.

This is it in a nutshell...

And when the best argument for keeping a player around is "well when the player ahead of him gets hurt we'll be in trouble," that's not much of an argument, is it?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun May 06, 2018 3:38 am

I think Bayern have to move on from Boateng. If we get a decent bus in the summer, I’d sell him.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Divyansh » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 am

America USA wrote:I think Bayern have to move on from Boateng. If we get a decent bus in the summer, I’d sell him.

Like what? I don’t think anyone can hold the fort like Boateng did

Divyansh
Getting the hang of it

Postby America USA » Sun May 06, 2018 4:14 am

Divyansh wrote:
America USA wrote:I think Bayern have to move on from Boateng. If we get a decent bus in the summer, I’d sell him.

Yes for full thirty minutes against Real Madrid before he pulled a muscle. He has become a liability of sorts with his frequent injuries and he’s not the same player he was 4-5 years ago.

Seriously, Users here need to stop holding onto reputation of a player! Time has come for Bayern to take drastic steps in order to win the European Cup again.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Divyansh » Sun May 06, 2018 4:15 am

America USA wrote:
Divyansh wrote:

Yes for full thirty minutes against Real Madrid before he pulled a muscle. He has become a liability of sorts with his frequent injuries and he’s not the same player he was 4-5 years ago.

Seriously, Users here need to stop holding onto reputation of a player! Time has come for Bayern to take drastic steps in order to win the European Cup again.

Well then which CB would you suggest?

Divyansh
Getting the hang of it

Postby Manchu » Sun May 06, 2018 4:22 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:

1) he wants to leave

Well, if we go by Goalimpact, the best CBs in the world are(in no particularly order) Pique, Batra, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Varane, and Jannik Vestergaard. Obviously, because of how goalimpact works, this doesn't include young talents(even ones that are rated very, very high like Sule), but it is still an interesting list. The "best catches" among them(i.e. available and relatively young) would be Batra(who I think would be a great addition) and Vestergaard(who is a surprise to see on this list but I've barely ever seen him play). Meanwhile, goalimpact rates Matthijs de Ligt as the best under 20 talent for CB, but, because he is so young, it will be at least a couple years before he makes sense as a regular starter even if his development goes well.

Thoughts?
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 am

I hate to see him go, but if he asks we should not fight back...

If he leaves our target should be;:
Napoli's Koulibaly
Or Rudiger

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Divyansh » Sun May 06, 2018 9:19 am

Manchu wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

1) he wants to leave

Well, if we go by Goalimpact, the best CBs in the world are(in no particularly order) Pique, Batra, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Varane, and Jannik Vestergaard. Obviously, because of how goalimpact works, this doesn't include young talents(even ones that are rated very, very high like Sule), but it is still an interesting list. The "best catches" among them(i.e. available and relatively young) would be Batra(who I think would be a great addition) and Vestergaard(who is a surprise to see on this list but I've barely ever seen him play). Meanwhile, goalimpact rates Matthijs de Ligt as the best under 20 talent for CB, but, because he is so young, it will be at least a couple years before he makes sense as a regular starter even if his development goes well.

Thoughts?

I’d try and buy Eric Bailey from united if we were to sell Boateng

Divyansh
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News