You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 am

Jerome Boateng caused quite a stir. Boateng spoke openly in an interview about the option of taking a new challenge in the summer. According to SPORTBILD, Bayern are still observing the 18-year-old defense talent Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax Amsterdam.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 am

50-60m.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:08 pm

At least 75 or no deal... Guardiola will rip him off our hands anyway...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 pm

He peaked in 2014-2015 and has been playing significantly worse since. His long balls were godly, can't you remember? He could pick a pass for Lewandowski or, more often, Müller from the backside and leave them in a one on one with the keeper. he did those frequently. I haven't seen him pick of those beautiful passes in ages. Whatever happened to those?

Defensively he has never really convinced me. He has good positional sense and all, but his tackling and heading are pretty bad. A bit clumsy on 1-on-1s as well.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu May 03, 2018 12:27 am

If he would leave now that would be the best solution for both of us (JB himself and Bayern). He is the person who knows best about his physical conditions. It could only get worse. We can still cash him in from some foolish money infused team as of now. I appreciate Jerome's frankness and his massive contribution to Bayern.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby xevi » Thu May 03, 2018 12:36 am

I wouldn't sell him. We have sule and mai. That would be too much young players in a difficult position as CB. It should be a superoffer more if he doesn't go to xina. We cocould wait another season as he has a long contract. We have vidal, hummels, boateng, neuer, javi, ribery, robben, lewandowski plus wagner and rafinha as aging players but i don't see players that can play at same level and with their experience. All that except for robben or ribery. They both staying are more a problem than a solution. Half of it maybe for vidal too as tolisso showed that he really has the potential
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:He peaked in 2014-2015 and has been playing significantly worse since. His long balls were godly, can't you remember? He could pick a pass for Lewandowski or, more often, Müller from the backside and leave them in a one on one with the keeper. he did those frequently. I haven't seen him pick of those beautiful passes in ages. Whatever happened to those?

Defensively he has never really convinced me. He has good positional sense and all, but his tackling and heading are pretty bad. A bit clumsy on 1-on-1s as well.

Sadly, this is pretty much where I fall.
I really do like Boateng and back just a couple years ago he was a freak on the pitch in the best possible way. Total titan. Since then though it seems he's went by way of Badstuber. He's getting older, picking up injuries more frequently, more severely, and keeps reinjuring the same muscle groups over and over again. It's been two years now (at least) since he has put together a good stretch (I.e. more than a couple weeks) where he is healthy AND in good form. Since then it's usually been one or the other...well, he gets healthy and before back in form is hurt again.

He has a long contract, so hopefully would garner a big offer still (I am sure the premier league would love him) but I think it's fair to say if we sold him and got for example De Ligt we're probably better off overall in the big picture. And as I said for me Süle and Hummels should be considered the top two choices.

Still I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be sad to see him go. One of my favorites on the squad, but he's not the player he once was, and I'm just not convinced at this point that he'll get back to that level.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu May 03, 2018 11:18 am

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:He peaked in 2014-2015 and has been playing significantly worse since. His long balls were godly, can't you remember? He could pick a pass for Lewandowski or, more often, Müller from the backside and leave them in a one on one with the keeper. he did those frequently. I haven't seen him pick of those beautiful passes in ages. Whatever happened to those?

I really do like Boateng and back just a couple years ago he was a freak on the pitch in the best possible way. Total titan. Since then though it seems he's went by way of Badstuber. He's getting older, picking up injuries more frequently, more severely, and keeps reinjuring the same muscle groups over and over again. It's been two years now (at least) since he has put together a good stretch (I.e. more than a couple weeks) where he is healthy AND in good form. Since then it's usually been one or the other...well, he gets healthy and before back in form is hurt again.

He has a long contract, so hopefully would garner a big offer still (I am sure the premier league would love him) but I think it's fair to say if we sold him and got for example De Ligt we're probably better off overall in the big picture. And as I said for me Süle and Hummels should be considered the top two choices.

Still I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be sad to see him go. One of my favorites on the squad, but he's not the player he once was, and I'm just not convinced at this point that he'll get back to that level.

I think he has gotten too heavy and muscular for his own good. He keeps pulling muscles regularly. He needs to lose a bit of mass and become lighter if he wants to prolong his playing career.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:05 pm

aterford wrote:

well said and exactly my feelings. Would be really sad to see him go... he's been one of my favorites for a long time... but we also have to think about the good of the team.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby icewizard » Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

For me, it's a simple NO. I trust him to get back to his best.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri May 04, 2018 3:34 pm

#12 wrote:At least 75 or no deal... Guardiola will rip him off our hands anyway...

Virgil van Dijk cost €78.80m but is younger. I think 75 for Boateng is possible, but since it's Bayern selling it'd probably be around 30-40m :cry:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Fri May 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Sell him would be a dumb idea.

Actually selling any player except Bernat, Rudy, Tolisso or Vidal would be stupid.
Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Coman
Ulreich - Rafinha Martinez Süle Bernat - Tolisso Rudy Sanches - Müller/Gnabry Wagner Ribéry
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:38 pm

why would you want to sell Tolisso?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nikbyrne » Fri May 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Coman wrote:Sell him would be a dumb idea.

Actually selling any player except Bernat, Rudy, Tolisso or Vidal would be stupid.

Tolisso? He's only in his first season, and has always impressed when been given game time. He is the type we need to be building the new Bayern around, I agree with the others though.
nikbyrne
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Coman » Fri May 04, 2018 4:50 pm

nm462272 wrote:why would you want to sell Tolisso?

Tolisso or Vidal.

Because we have Goretzka coming and that's 3 box to box would be useless.
Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Coman
Ulreich - Rafinha Martinez Süle Bernat - Tolisso Rudy Sanches - Müller/Gnabry Wagner Ribéry
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
French Southern Ter

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News