You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby zippy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Element wrote:now Boateng-Badstuber vs Hummels-Subotic

Badstuber was terrible last season, he is a bag of nerves.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Good transfer, he's a player with a lot of potential that can turn out to be a very valuable signing for us in the long-term. Still don't think it's enough though if we wanna challenge for the CL-crown. I don't believe Boateng+Badstuber or any other constellation with the players available is up to the task of coping with the top players from the CL quarter-final on. Another quality centre-back signing would, in my opinion, turn this transfer window from a good one into an excellent one for us.

I first saw Boateng's immense potential in the U-21 European Championship in 2009 that Germany eventually went on to win with the likes of Ozil, Hummels, Castro, Howedes, Boateng and Neuer in the team. It was one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen from a defender throughout a whole tournament, he was so dominant on the ground as well as in the air and seemed to solve every situation with such ease. He has been shaky in his performances since though and hasn't played much in his preferred position. We need him to live up to his potential, especially if we don't sign anyone else in that sector of the squad.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mmn0404 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:56 pm

great but we still need alex to win cl
mmn0404
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

MrLinky wrote:I first saw Boateng's immense potential in the U-21 European Championship in 2009 that Germany eventually went on to win with the likes of Ozil, Hummels, Castro, Howedes, Boateng and Neuer in the team. It was one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen from a defender throughout a whole tournament, he was so dominant on the ground as well as in the air and seemed to solve every situation with such ease. He has been shaky in his performances since though and hasn't played much in his preferred position. We need him to live up to his potential, especially if we don't sign anyone else in that sector of the squad.

And During that Tournament , he only committed 3 Fouls if i remember correctly !!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shileno » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Well, at least he's young, wants to play for Bayern and he can be a decent RB. No one loses, just in case he fails as CB.

Now get to work Badstuber, you're better than him, show it.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby chardos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm

So incredibly stoked to wake up this morning and see this.

Welcome, Boateng! :D
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby München Minded » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Great this finally happened, I think it is a must to get Alex to have an experienced CB to replace DvB who is 33 and after last season doesn't have what it takes anymore if we want to win the CL. Over the years it will be interesting if Badstuber gets better and the NT plays with Boateng-Badstuber -- but at least the future at Bayern will be those two. Its nice to see 2 German CBs and a German keeper at Bayern. Quality stuff, and all it took was for use to get rid of LvG and get Heynckes. Since ManCity caved in, it would be interesting if Neverkusen did the same with Vidal.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby armbrust » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:32 pm

well, thats what is was wating to make a $500 bet for win the CL.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby eddinanM3 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 am

I wonder what the odds are on Bayern right now to win the CL??? Barca have to be the favorites with Real Madrid probably second then Man United and Bayern, maybe you can make an arguement for Milan and Chelsea too.

Boateng will definately help our back four and the more time he gets at central defender the better he will be, as I always felt that the CB spot is by far the best fit for him compared to LB or RB. Hopefully Boateng stays healthy and developes some chemistry with the others in the back four and Neuer too. Can't wait for the Audi Cup to get a piece of Milan.

I would not be suprised if Bayern still pick up another person before the summer transfer deadline, but who that would be I have not a clue. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cyberalex » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

I wonder what the odds are on Bayern right now to win the CL???

Our friend clark whitney answers:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/15/2575143/in-signing-boateng-neuer-rafinha-bayern-munich-have-now
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bayern33 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 pm

great job nerlinger with the signing and price we got him for. NERLINGER IS AWESOME
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 pm

About time we have praise for him after all the dickery he was subjected to earlier.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby uzi716 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:15 pm

cyberalex wrote:
I wonder what the odds are on Bayern right now to win the CL???

Our friend clark whitney answers:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/15/2575143/in-signing-boateng-neuer-rafinha-bayern-munich-have-now

Wow its like he summarized my post from a few weeks ago.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Stigger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Believe it or not i was playing soccer with clark a week ago.
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby hgb09 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Good for u!!! Is he a good player?
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News