You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby samaj » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Our team is missing something, its either something from mid or attacking, i believe its both so we either get someone world class like dzeko or we stick with out current strikers and get Javi. Its either one and i think Javi is very good for our team since Javi and Bastain or Javi and gustavo can make great partners. Tymo can be a bench warmer
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunichFan1985 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

While I understand that position, there is no team in the world that would pay 40 million and know he would be a rotation player. What about giving youth a shot to FCB reserve Can? We have taken risks on Badstuber and Muller in recent years and found absolute gems.
MunichFan1985
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 pm

MunichFan1985 wrote:While I understand that position, there is no team in the world that would pay 40 million and know he would be a rotation player.

That's kinda the point. He wouldn't be a rotation player.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MunichFan1985 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:52 pm

quaazi wrote:That's kinda the point. He wouldn't be a rotation player.

So you have him penciled in where exactly?
MunichFan1985
Getting the hang of it

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Well... midfield?
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 pm

What Bayern should do now is send Sammer to Bilbao and negotiate with the board and Martinez and his agent. Martinez has to express his desire to leave and hopefully we can get them to lower the price by 4-5m.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunichFan1985 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 pm

quaazi wrote:Well... midfield?

Ah, very enlightening. I meant do you have him penciled in ahead of someone else (schweini or Gustavo) and do you really see that as a necessary move at this time?
MunichFan1985
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I think with Llorente recently coming out and saying he wants to leave may convince Martinez to go with him forcing Bilbao to negotiate, i wud only be happy if Bayern are able to get him for less than €30m i think thats a much fairer price tag for a guy like him

http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3294168
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

A slight variation to Element's signature: In Emre Can I believe!

I think Heynckes will make the final decision here. With all the concern surrounding Schweini, I believe the board is willing to spend the money.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm

MunichFan1985 wrote:
Ah, very enlightening. I meant do you have him penciled in ahead of someone else (schweini or Gustavo) and do you really see that as a necessary move at this time?

Well I alluded to it in the first post and ain't quite sure why you need me to repeat myself like this. The problem is the phenomena of "Schweini and his partner" and it is something that Jupp will want to fix by getting a player that provide that extra bit of consistency. Martinez would be exactly that. The move wouldn't make sense if he was just brought in for depth.

I am still unsure how Jupp would plan to use the lad anyway. From one direction I hear "anchor man", the other "box-to-box", and they're both very different functions. So mostly I'm hoping it's both and a switch to the 4-3-3 is lurking around the corner. I know, I know, a man can dream...
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby VIKTOR84 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:10 pm

This player is not worth 30+ million € sample as that .
Bayern should not spend more than 20 mil € on him.We can find better players for this money.
VIKTOR84
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

VIKTOR84 wrote:This player is not worth 30+ million € sample as that .
Bayern should not spend more than 20 mil € on him.We can find better players for this money.

Thats wats frustrating about this guy its not like we can say there are no other options for Bayern other than Martinez so they are forced to sign him.....there are even better. cheaper options out there but Jupp, Sammer, and the board seem to kno sumthin about this guy that they arent tellin us :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

MunichFan1985 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I believe it's more about Bastian than Tymo/Gustavo.

In what capacity? Surely they would not purchase this player as a backup for Bastian...or a player-in-waiting to take over, Bastian has far too long left in his career.

In the sense that we tend to become defensively exposed without Bastian. JH's insistence on Martinez can only mean that he has some other plans to use him, given the amounts we are rumoured to be tabling. You said it, we already have Tymo and Gustavo, plus JH publicly stated that he has plans for Can and that he will be getting some playing times this season. So, Martinez' acquisition is not solely intended for CDM or as Bastian's back-up. It gives JH more options (and probably the balls) to implement different formations. He could play the "Bastian-Khedira" combo, 4-3-3, Martinez-Gustavo/Tymo when Bastian is out, maybe Martinez-Kroos, or whatever other combination he has in mind (he is the coach, not me!). It's just that most of us do not want to see anymore of Kroos-Gustavo/Tymo, or 50% Bastian-Gustavo/Tymo.

Trust me, I am not a big fan of this rumour (you can just go back a couple of pages), especially not for anything nearing 40M, given that I haven't seen anything special from this guy when facing the big guns. But since our entire board (Sammer included) see something different him, then I tend to trust their judgement a bit more than mine. After all, they have the credentials. If we DO get him for that amount though, I'll pop-up in your boat and we will bash people together :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

We are vulnerable in set pieces meaning we need better headers. That has been our top priority in purchases this season, from Dante to Mandžukić, all areas have been beefed up with the best available headers given their respective prices. Shaqiri of course being a huge exception. Then again, you always need a guy up front waiting for those counter attacks.

In midfield, Marti'nez is supposedly one of the best aerial players available who can do double duties as CB when needed. He is no coach slouch in this area according to Spanish media. When you add to that our need to look forward a replacement for Schewini the board apparently considered the Spaniard the best option available.

Whether that justifies 26 million is highly debatable to say the least.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AdepT » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm

quaazi wrote:I think he means that with Schweini's recent trouble with injuries, the midfield might need some beefing up. I mean, currently our midfield status is "schweini and his partner". If Schweini can't play, we have two players who aren't really the perfect fit into Jupp's plans operating the engine room.

Same thought.
Gustavo has to bring in consistency.
As for Kroos, he probably skips over the 'D' in 'CDM' role during training sessions.
They are but half Schweini - one's good in holding role and other in attacking role. That adds up to two players doing a single player's job weakening our mid.
Bringing in Martinez increases our depth and will force them to improve their game and focus. It'll act as push.
Plus Schweini can get rests before important games.

But for the price demanded. I'm not sure whether we should go ahead. I know Bayern must spend big at times but 40m is too much for this deal.
At most 30m. May be a million more only because clubs rarely let go off their best player.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News