You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Min wrote:All this history getting really dodgy. Either Bayern pays these 40 mln and gets Martinez, or just move away from him. What is the point to procrastinate this story. Bilbao stated clearly about transfer fee and that is it. I got feeling that Bayern board does not want to splash those money at all but at the same time they want to be good to their fans. That is why they are trying to create opinion they are trying to get Martinez very seriously. I do not think we will get him anyway, at least things do not look convincingly good for FCB. I hope I am wrong, I would be really happy if this transfer comes through...

Agreed, but I don't know if its even the board anymore, they have said they are content and its all up to Jupp and Sammer and so far Jupp has been the only one who has come out and expressed the need for Bayern to make this signing, i wonder wat Sammer's opinion is on this cause in the end of the day he will decide if this transfer will happen...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7904201/Martinez-still-a-Bayern-target
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Usually it seems the sporting director and coach can demand additional players as needed -- they are closest to knowing the team on the pitch versus from the stands -- but it will be interesting how Sammer goes with things versus Nerlinger. As everyone seems to think, Bayern do need that player that makes the difference in midfield. Too bad those greedy spaniards want so much for a player who is NOT worth the amount they want. At first it seemed the buyout clause would work for us and fend off any other spanish team interest -- but it seems they can just up the price to whatever team outside of spain, leaving spanish teams just to pay the €40 mill -- which was obviously put there for either Barca or Real, in hopes they would come along.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 pm

This kinda reminds me of the Boateng saga where Man C were not ready to sell him for under 20m and KHR, Uli, and the board complained how bad Man C are, calling the. intolerable and un negotiable and eventually they got Boateng for 13.5m, maybe it will turn out the same way....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah, but in all fairness, Boateng was surplus to requirements at City while Martinez is a key player for Bilbao.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:This kinda reminds me of the Boateng saga where Man C were not ready to sell him for under 20m and KHR, Uli, and the board complained how bad Man C are, calling the. intolerable and un negotiable and eventually they got Boateng for 13.5m, maybe it will turn out the same way....

They never asked for 20
They wanted more than what they paid Hamburg (12 millions) and they got what they wanted despite jerome being a bench player
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby RAGHU » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Element wrote:They wanted more than what they paid Hamburg (12 millions) and they got what they wanted despite jerome being a bench player

also he was injured for a long duration in ManC
RAGHU
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Element wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:This kinda reminds me of the Boateng saga where Man C were not ready to sell him for under 20m and KHR, Uli, and the board complained how bad Man C are, calling the. intolerable and un negotiable and eventually they got Boateng for 13.5m, maybe it will turn out the same way....

They never asked for 20
They wanted more than what they paid Hamburg (12 millions) and they got what they wanted despite jerome being a bench player

True

And I think that even if Javi Martinez fails here we will still be able to recover a big part of that 40 millions selling him back to Madrid/Barcelona/Premier League.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby München Minded » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Not sure other teams will want him for a large amount if he fails at bayern. Not sure we would want to sell him if we payed a huge amount for him, except after a couple of seasons worth of failures. There seems to be no benefit in paying so much for Javi. There are top class players for €20 mill and that would mean we could buy 2 players and have better chance of success that way. It also seems that only bayern and the top spanish teams want him -- which means, either Bilbao cave in if they want money or hold out for the €40 mill. Does anyone know how desperate they are for the money?
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 pm

München Minded wrote:Not sure other teams will want him for a large amount if he fails at bayern. Not sure we would want to sell him if we payed a huge amount for him, except after a couple of seasons worth of failures. There seems to be no benefit in paying so much for Javi. There are top class players for €20 mill and that would mean we could buy 2 players and have better chance of success that way. It also seems that only bayern and the top spanish teams want him -- which means, either Bilbao cave in if they want money or hold out for the €40 mill. Does anyone know how desperate they are for the money?

Personally i think they are more desperate to keep their star players since they only pick players from the Basque region

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
München Minded wrote:Not sure other teams will want him for a large amount if he fails at bayern. Not sure we would want to sell him if we payed a huge amount for him, except after a couple of seasons worth of failures. There seems to be no benefit in paying so much for Javi. There are top class players for €20 mill and that would mean we could buy 2 players and have better chance of success that way. It also seems that only bayern and the top spanish teams want him -- which means, either Bilbao cave in if they want money or hold out for the €40 mill. Does anyone know how desperate they are for the money?

Personally i think they are more desperate to keep their star players since they only pick players from the Basque region

If that was in Britain, there'd be discrimination charges brought against them!!!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 pm

The last thing Athletic want to do is sell Javi Martinez.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby München Minded » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 pm

For a team which came in 10th last season in La Liga it seems interesting -- although this season they have a way in to Europa league -- but I would assume Javi would push this through to play CL football. I would think Bilbao want the money to strengthen in various areas -- even if they got €20 mill out of this deal, for a club like that, it is alot of money. I could see a team like Valencia or Málaga wanting to keep him.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Paddymcfatty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Honestly, WE NEED HIM. He is a lot more versatile then other options such as Yann M'Vila and equally as versatile as LG which makes it good when we need him to play CB :P

Although does anyone else think we might get him for 32 Million??
"2013 - Bayern WILL win in Wembley." quoted the day Bayern lost the CL final.

May 25th, I was right.
Paddymcfatty
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 pm

That money won't be of much use since they can buy players from a certain region in Spain.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Paddymcfatty wrote:Although does anyone else think we might get him for 32 Million??

I think Athletic are wanting at least €35-€38mil.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News