You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby kiam307 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 pm

OhioFan wrote:The bench is far better than last year.

Did we reach the CL Final last year?

uzi716 wrote:I'm still confident this deal can happen for us. I don't know why you guys are mad he wants to go to Barcelona, why wouldn't a Spaniard want to go to the best team in Spain. Especially a Basque player whom look up to Barcelona.

This deal can still happen because Barcelona won't pay and he doesn't want to go to City

I am not mad that he wants to go to Barcelona, I am mad that our board focuses only on Martinez, while he -- as it turned out to be -- not a very probably transfer. They had given up on Howedes when Schalke wanted more money, why won't they give up on Martinez and find another player to focus on? *cough*Khedira*cough*.
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm

kiam307 wrote:

uzi716 wrote:I'm still confident this deal can happen for us. I don't know why you guys are mad he wants to go to Barcelona, why wouldn't a Spaniard want to go to the best team in Spain. Especially a Basque player whom look up to Barcelona.

This deal can still happen because Barcelona won't pay and he doesn't want to go to City

I am not mad that he wants to go to Barcelona, I am mad that our board focuses only on Martinez, while he -- as it turned out to be -- not a very probably transfer. They had given up on Howedes when Schalke wanted more money, why won't they give up on Martinez and find another player to focus on? *cough*Khedira*cough*.

I agree on the martinez part
But What makes you think that Getting khedira is more realistic than getting Martinez ?
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kiam307 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Element wrote:But What makes you think that Getting khedira is more realistic than getting Martinez ?

I believe he might want out of Real Madrid (didn't he say that? :?) And I actually meant, generally speaking, getting somebody else - better, cheaper, or a more probable transfer. You know, we should have some more options once Martinez is out right? :)
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 pm

kiam307 wrote:
Element wrote:But What makes you think that Getting khedira is more realistic than getting Martinez ?

I believe he might want out of Real Madrid (didn't he say that? :?) And I actually meant, generally speaking, getting somebody else - better, cheaper, or a more probable transfer. You know, we should have some more options once Martinez is out right? :)

Yes sure
And khedira would be my favorite
But getting him would be very difficult
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby kiam307 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Element wrote:
kiam307 wrote:

Yes sure
And khedira would be my favorite
But getting him would be very difficult

Well, I don't see Martinez coming either, so are we basically screwed? :D
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby OhioFan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 am

kiam307 wrote:

Did we reach the CL Final last year?[/quote]

I am not sure why you are asking that question wrt the bench is better than last year?
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 am

Tru, but I meant that i wanted Bayern to improve the bench which they have and also get 1 or 2 impact players, i like Shaqiri but he is not enough......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kiam307 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:34 am

OhioFan wrote:
kiam307 wrote:

I am not sure why you are asking that question wrt the bench is better than last year?[/quote]

I asked that question, because the year before that we didn't reach the CL final so there weren't as many expectations.
This year we have reached the final, and that gave us alot of money to invest in both our starting XI and the bench.
Now the bench is awesome, I have not even a single complaint about our bench, but our starting XI, well there ARE some problems that could be solved, and that's why I believe they should do something about it too, not only the bench. Furthermore I believe there should be atleast one big transfer, something that really will have impact on our team - like Wesley Sneijder or something.

P.S. I know it's off-topic but I have to say that unless any big transfer comes, that shifts our formation or rotation, (And I believe that's the way it's gonna be) Thomas Müller should play AMC, Kroos can sit on the bench. JH should understand Müller is the best we got for AMC.
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 pm

This is a surprising result, and to a certain point makes me wonder whether the board's obsession about Martinez is justified: http://www.marca.com/2012/07/10/en/foot ... 71715.html
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

kiam307 wrote:
OhioFan wrote:
kiam307 wrote:[quote="OhioFan"]The bench is far better than last year.

I am not sure why you are asking that question wrt the bench is better than last year?

I asked that question, because the year before that we didn't reach the CL final so there weren't as many expectations.
This year we have reached the final, and that gave us alot of money to invest in both our starting XI and the bench.
Now the bench is awesome, I have not even a single complaint about our bench, but our starting XI, well there ARE some problems that could be solved, and that's why I believe they should do something about it too, not only the bench. Furthermore I believe there should be atleast one big transfer, something that really will have impact on our team - like Wesley Sneijder or something.

P.S. I know it's off-topic but I have to say that unless any big transfer comes, that shifts our formation or rotation, (And I believe that's the way it's gonna be) Thomas Müller should play AMC, Kroos can sit on the bench. JH should understand Müller is the best we got for AMC.

Agreed cause thats how Bayern's games get stuck wit the midfield and we find ourselves with a lack of creativity, with a true AMC it helps unclog the midfield and open up space to work with, i hate how Jupp is installing tacts like this and he is not the long term option, imagine if Kroos was in for Muller in the UCL final we probably wud have not scored....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is a surprising result, and to a certain point makes me wonder whether the board's obsession about Martinez is justified: http://www.marca.com/2012/07/10/en/foot ... 71715.html

Damn. I was not very enthusiastic about having him with us, but looking at these results and the other top clubs chasing him makes me wonder. What I mostly saw from this guy is continously being outplayed by Barca and Madrid players. What is so special about him?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby S4k4zulu » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm

MoFattal wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is a surprising result, and to a certain point makes me wonder whether the board's obsession about Martinez is justified: http://www.marca.com/2012/07/10/en/foot ... 71715.html

Damn. I was not very enthusiastic about having him with us, but looking at these results and the other top clubs chasing him makes me wonder. What I mostly saw from this guy is continously being outplayed by Barca and Madrid players. What is so special about him?

and for 40mil, for a defensive player he might be one special thing... which i don't know..
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby somedude » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:21 pm

MoFattal wrote:What is so special about him?

http://www.runofplay.com/2011/11/22/generalissimo/
somedude
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:41 pm

I doubt this even happens. Bayern is probably convinced to look elsewhere. I hate when Real or Barca show interest in players we want, then it just keeps the price up and especially with Spaniards it ends any interest in joining a bundesliga club.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby huknife » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Then again, if you guys remember the 2000/2001 season, yea the champions league winning season. We had a young [was it 19] defensive midfielder who already looked like he was on the fast lane to establishing himself. If anyone watched closely, he just had a lot of determination, grit & fitness [how ever he had it then] to go with whatever technique he had.

I wouldn't entirely mind us forgoing on pursuing a Defensive midfielder if we can put some fire in Can's belly. I'm pretty optimistic the lad is up to the challenge with the proper motivation.

Though i do still feel we should look for an all round attacking option. Someone fitting the Pacy Winger / Tricky Through passing AmC / Burst Through Finishing Back up striker. 1 player filling atleast 2 of these roles would be nice.

We might actually not really have the need to pursue a 30M+ DmC.
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News