You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 pm

MoFattal wrote:Oh please let someone have him very soon so that we can switch our attention to the players whom we actually need...

AGREED!! At first i was excited about martinez now I just dont care there are still options out there and Bayern shud be focusing on a new AMC instead IMO.....By the way! the Bundesliga is weaker in terms of transfers since in Italy there are more teams where world class players wud rather go(Juve, Inter, and Milan), while in the Bundesliga if a top player wants to play here its most likely gonna be Bayern Munich.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Athletic Bilbao star Javi Martinez is to meet with club bosses to negotiate his exit from the club, with Bayern Munich favourites to sign him. (Sport)

Just relaying on info from eurobot.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm

This looks like it's going to be one hell of a transfer saga :?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 pm

I think that a cheaper yet more experienced alternative to this would by Alex Song. He also plays CB.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby uzi716 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 pm

AssemFCB wrote:I think that a cheaper yet more experienced alternative to this would by Alex Song. He also plays CB.

I wouldn't consider Song an option after the season he had this year. He's easily the best midfielder the Gunners have.

Would love to have him though, really developed into a complete midfielder this season.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Min » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Bayern will never ever become ultra top club if they won't invest into top players. Last year it was only Neuer, this year? It is matter of overcoming psychological barrier, provincial outlook. What is the point to get CL money if we do not invest into top class players? Mandzukic transfer seems rational if we get Martinez. I am getting more and more disapointed with this management who ruins the club and I will be very unhappy if we do not get Martinez. M'villa? He would be great as well but now I do not believe any serious reinforcement into midfield is going to be made. From year to year empty promises, this winter hoax-and still no very strong reinforcements.

I feel these days exactly the same when I felt when Nerlinger with Hoeness was fooling our fans with Coentrao transfer. Maybe we are not interested in Martinez at all, it is just to make fans to feel that we are competitive enough. I feel Bayern becomes provincial club with no international ambitions, strategy. Why Barcelona is the best in the world? Because they appreciate their own talent, they generously spend on future superstars, they are giving hope every season for every their fan to believe that Barca in the meantime is going to compete for the highest trophees every season. I would not dare to call club world class who got no clear strategy, vision and who expects somehow only to win domestic titles (which is getting harder and harder for us as well). All these comments in the press that Bayern won't pay 40 million for Martinez (Heynckes said that) only shows desperation, mismanagement and chaos in our transfer policy, lack of clear vision and targets. Sorry if I upset someone who reads this message. Serious officials would never make such a comments.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:42 pm

I say why spend 40 million euro, when Bayern has that position covered and a future player, Can who came from the youth ranks ? The most satisfaction I get is when Bayern promotes players from the academy and they do exceptionally well. It is better to spend on someone who Bayern needs like the AMC position as has been already suggested. 40 million Spanish player who might not adjust to the Bundesliga or to Bayern and flop, or a promising, young talent from the youth who cost "nothing", knows the squad and the league and thus involves less risk? And add to that another German, homegrown talent established as a regular to the squad.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Don't get your knickers in a twist, if we wanted to pay 40 million for him, the deal would've gone through a long time ago. The board doesn't like that number any more than any of us do.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby DieRoten31 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Instead of paying 35-40 million for 1 player I don't find that great, why not buy 2 world class midfielders. We need strengthening in CDM and in CAM so why not buy M'vila for 20 million and Sneijder for 20 million. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't they cost about that much? List alternatives, but I wish for these two players. They are definitely the two players we need to be successful next year. I can think for Fellaini, Bender, or Khedira (another good player we are interested in . For the Cam position I would go for Hamsik, Diego, or even Dzagoev. I just wish we could get at least one of the many players I have listed. I know that Martinez is very versatile and can play CB, but why not buy a Bomb CB next year when Van Buyten's contract expires. [-o<
\
DieRoten31
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Javi Martínez

Postby BayernLove » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Just take Müller out of the equation and things would be a mess looking at it from a tactical point of view. Now the statistics don't show much but he is QUALITY at drawing defenders to him, which may sound to some as donkey work but I don't think so. ًAnd then with Sneijder our average age for the front line would be 27.75, and we need to take out the older players progressively (Robbery) not add more to them. I believe I've made 2 valid points there.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:58 pm

I want Martinez for his versatility, its not often you find a player who is quality in midfield and on defense. He'd be an excellent purchase for no more than €25 million, I don't think Bilbao actually expect €40 million, ridiculous release clauses have just become the norm for teams to deter the big clubs. I mean, Arsenal wanted €50 million for Fabregas and ended up settling for €30 million. I'm confident Bayern can get him for a reasonable price, it will just take some time.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Lancashire » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

DieRoten31 wrote:Instead of paying 35-40 million for 1 player I don't find that great, why not buy 2 world class midfielders. We need strengthening in CDM and in CAM so why not buy M'vila for 20 million and Sneijder for 20 million. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't they cost about that much? List alternatives, but I wish for these two players. They are definitely the two players we need to be successful next year. I can think for Fellaini, Bender, or Khedira (another good player we are interested in . For the Cam position I would go for Hamsik, Diego, or even Dzagoev. I just wish we could get at least one of the many players I have listed. I know that Martinez is very versatile and can play CB, but why not buy a Bomb CB next year when Van Buyten's contract expires. [-o<

I think those figures are reasonable and they would be two very good additions to the team.

I also feel that we need to seriously look at adding another top notch centre half at some point but i guess that will happen next summer.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Lancashire
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Min wrote:Bayern will never ever become ultra top club if they won't invest into top players. Last year it was only Neuer, this year? It is matter of overcoming psychological barrier, provincial outlook. What is the point to get CL money if we do not invest into top class players? Mandzukic transfer seems rational if we get Martinez. I am getting more and more disapointed with this management who ruins the club and I will be very unhappy if we do not get Martinez. M'villa? He would be great as well but now I do not believe any serious reinforcement into midfield is going to be made. From year to year empty promises, this winter hoax-and still no very strong reinforcements.

I feel these days exactly the same when I felt when Nerlinger with Hoeness was fooling our fans with Coentrao transfer. Maybe we are not interested in Martinez at all, it is just to make fans to feel that we are competitive enough. I feel Bayern becomes provincial club with no international ambitions, strategy. Why Barcelona is the best in the world? Because they appreciate their own talent, they generously spend on future superstars, they are giving hope every season for every their fan to believe that Barca in the meantime is going to compete for the highest trophees every season. I would not dare to call club world class who got no clear strategy, vision and who expects somehow only to win domestic titles (which is getting harder and harder for us as well). All these comments in the press that Bayern won't pay 40 million for Martinez (Heynckes said that) only shows desperation, mismanagement and chaos in our transfer policy, lack of clear vision and targets. Sorry if I upset someone who reads this message. Serious officials would never make such a comments.

I agree that continues to frustrate me every season, Bayern Munich are 1 or 2 world class players from being the best in Europe but sadly the board is reluctant to spend and I dont mind it that much because when guys like Badstuber, Muller, Lahm, Kroos and Schweinstiger are coming from the ranks then Bayern do not even need to spend that much but i do believe at times like for the AMC Bayern need to spend cause thats been a troubling position which forces both Muller and Kroos out of their natural positions. IMO its not the fact that Bayern do not want to spend 40m for Martinez its the fact that they are knocking on a door that wont open when their other options for them to open...maybe thats why i am a fan and not a member of the board :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:03 pm

BayernLove wrote:Just take Müller out of the equation and things would be a mess looking at it from a tactical point of view. Now the statistics don't show much but he is QUALITY at drawing defenders to him, which may sound to some as donkey work but I don't think so. ًAnd then with Sneijder our average age for the front line would be 27.75, and we need to take out the older players progressively (Robbery) not add more to them. I believe I've made 2 valid points there.

Agree on the first one, the second not so much, but probably because I want Robben out regardless of whether we bring in Sneijder or not, so the average age would go down.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby OhioFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Min wrote:Bayern will never ever become ultra top club if they won't invest into top players. Last year it was only Neuer, this year? It is matter of overcoming psychological barrier, provincial outlook. What is the point to get CL money if we do not invest into top class players? Mandzukic transfer seems rational if we get Martinez. I am getting more and more disapointed with this management who ruins the club and I will be very unhappy if we do not get Martinez. M'villa? He would be great as well but now I do not believe any serious reinforcement into midfield is going to be made. From year to year empty promises, this winter hoax-and still no very strong reinforcements.

Another profound statement by the FCB fan of the year :crazy:
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News