You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby Min » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 pm

If Bayern cares about international reputation, they should try seriously to get Martinez. Even for 40 mln. Transfers like this does not happen every year anyway. We have to be idiots to ignore obvious problems in defence, strikers position plus CHARACTER. This team has not got character and passion: final against Chelsea and Germany's loss against Italy just confirms that.
We need solution as this generation of players do not care about Bayern and their country. They only care about getting big contracts.
That is why we need SPANISH DESIRE.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Min wrote:If Bayern cares about international reputation, they should try seriously to get Martinez. Even for 40 mln. Transfers like this does not happen every year anyway. We have to be idiots to ignore obvious problems in defence, strikers position plus CHARACTER. This team has not got character and passion: final against Chelsea and Germany's loss against Italy just confirms that.
We need solution as this generation of players do not care about Bayern and their country. They only care about getting big contracts.
That is why we need SPANISH DESIRE.

I agree with what you said about needing players with characters. However, in the UEFA Europa League final, in which Javi Martinez played, he was on the losing side. Furthermore he was rated the "flop of the match" in the goal.com ratings for the match.

I don't know much about the guy, but he does give the impression of being a choker rather than a winner. If we're looking for character, perhaps we should be looking elsewhere.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Min » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:26 pm

MUTU wrote:I agree with what you said about needing players with characters. However, in the UEFA Europa League final, in which Javi Martinez played, he was on the losing side. Furthermore he was rated the "flop of the match" in the goal.com ratings for the match.

I don't know much about the guy, but he does give the impression of being a choker rather than a winner. If we're looking for character, perhaps we should be looking elsewhere.

I agree with you about ratings, Mutu. Although it is very hard to judge only on one game especially if all Bilbao players in that final played badly. I just wanted to stay if Bayern sees Martinez as the only great option among many other great candidates, then they should take risk. If they do not want to spend that much on Javi, why not to try for Moutinho/de Rossi/Maggio. The worst thing would be not to buy at all or buy flops like Melo.
But we will see, although for now I do not believe current management is capable to make great transfers.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Min
Bayern cares about international reputation, they should try seriously to get Martinez. Even for 40 mln.

Athletico Madrid spent around 35 M for Falcao which is close, but never had any significance in terms of international (At least in my
society)

So for me its quality before anything.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 pm

He aint worth it and i dont like how Jupp is influencing Bayern decisions he is not even our long term guy.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby chris mia san mia » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I couldn't disagree with Min. It seems that there's a lack of passion in the team. And there is a HUGE PROBLEM in the defense, just like the national team. Even I am a Greek, I support the National team of Germany since '82 (except of course in the time that Greece and Germany face each other). You can see it in their eyes. There's no Effenberg or Kahn spirit
chris mia san mia
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm

FCB defense was 2nd best in BL last season and will only better this season with a new good CB to replace Bruno and Alaba with a full season ahead at LB.

Can we please stop the erroneous statements that the defense is no good?
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 pm

OhioFan wrote:FCB defense was 2nd best in BL last season and will only better this season with a new good CB to replace Bruno and Alaba with a full season ahead at LB.

Agreed, but basic errors cost us when it counted last season.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

lau03143 wrote:
OhioFan wrote:FCB defense was 2nd best in BL last season and will only better this season with a new good CB to replace Bruno and Alaba with a full season ahead at LB.

Agreed, but basic errors cost us when it counted last season.

Agreed on that point as well.
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 am

It was in fact the best defense in the Bundesliga.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddymcfatty » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 am

But honestly, I still Bayern think that we need another CB, preferably Howedes because I am still not convinced Dante is good enough...

And in response to character well I actually thought Neuer will bring some character into the Bayern squad but it hasn't really took off..
"2013 - Bayern WILL win in Wembley." quoted the day Bayern lost the CL final.

May 25th, I was right.
Paddymcfatty
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

Firefox1234 wrote:He aint worth it and i dont like how Jupp is influencing Bayern decisions he is not even our long term guy.....

Second that!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D>

lau03143 wrote:Agreed, but basic errors cost us when it counted last season.

Our defense did make mistakes, one of which cost us a lot, but that was DVB's fault imo, and he is not a starter. The only game where the defense was really bad was the Pokal final. Other than that, all those points we dropped in the BL, and even the CL, most of them were the forwards' fault.

And do not forget how much our defense changed this season, both the fullbacks and the center backs. This time, we know exactly how our CBs and FBs are, and we have good backups for everyone except Lahm (but Boateng can cover if necessary).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Plus, if our offensive bastards were performing properly on a regular basis, an occasional defensive slip-up wouldn't be that much of a problem every now and then.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLeb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I preffer trying to sign Vidal for 30M, he is perfect for "adding more creativity from the Midfield" role.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News