You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby medjahedm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Honestly, the idea of paying 40 million for him is absolutely absurd. The thought of breaking our transfer record for him makes me sick because ive prided myself in the fact that i support a club that doesnt just throw money around. I do believe that he is an incredible player, and I would love to have him on our team, but i value him at about 20-25 million euros. The issue is that Bilbao will always value him higher than he is actually worth, because they wont be able to replace him, which makes complete sense. In my opinion, we need to keep looking for a solid, balanced, box to box midfielder.
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 am

medjahedm wrote:Honestly, the idea of paying 40 million for him is absolutely absurd. The thought of breaking our transfer record for him makes me sick because ive prided myself in the fact that i support a club that doesnt just throw money around. I do believe that he is an incredible player, and I would love to have him on our team, but i value him at about 20-25 million euros. The issue is that Bilbao will always value him higher than he is actually worth, because they wont be able to replace him, which makes complete sense. In my opinion, we need to keep looking for a solid, balanced, box to box midfielder.

Pretty much said what I wanted to say......
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SilverX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 pm

I agree with everyone saying that the 40mil price tag is crazy for this guy. But just imagine if these rumors were true that we are so interested in this guy.

We all ask ourselves after all this time we never splashed this much cash for a player. Gomez is the only other signing that even came close enough to this type of spending. Now imagine if our board when to Pep and offered him the job and Pep already accepted for next season. (This is just theoretically speaking, but imagine with me here)

Pep accepted but also said that he wants certain players at the club when he arrives otherwise its a no go. Maybe Martinez is one of his players that he had on his wishlist and our board is going after him hard. It would make sense to splash the cash to lure such a coach to the team, wouldn't you guys say? 40 Mil to lure one of the most successful club coaches to Bayern doesn't seem that bad of a figure.

Its wishful thinking but would make sense to go after him even though his high price tag. If you ask me I would rather spend the 40 mil and have Pep at bayern then save the 40 mil and not have pep here.

:) Would be cool, but one never knows...
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm

For 40 million, we should try and get Kaka, especially if they're getting Modric. And still that's too much considering his age and his performances for Real
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:50 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We should try and get Kaka.

The one from Apoel?
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/kaka/pro ... 41234.html
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:53 pm

BayernLove wrote:The one from Apoel?

More like the one who scored against Apoel :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Kaka is old and washed up his salary is way to high for a guys his age
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Javi Martínez

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
BayernLove wrote:The one from Apoel?

More like the one who scored against Apoel :wink:

I C WUT U DID THAR!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby chardos » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 am

I don't think paying 40 million for Martinez is a good idea either, but keep in mind we did come away with a boatload of cash from the CL...
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAGHU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 am

is he playing in olympics??
RAGHU
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 am

RAGHU wrote:is he playing in olympics??

Hadn't considered this... he really should, considering he didn't get a single minute at the EC.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RAGHU wrote:is he playing in olympics??

Hadn't considered this... he really should, considering he didn't get a single minute at the EC.

He did play in the EC, against Ireland. And perhaps he will play again tomorrow?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm

MUTU wrote:He did play in the EC, against Ireland. And perhaps he will play again tomorrow?

You are right. He only played around 25 minutes though, so surely he can play at the Olympics
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddymcfatty » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 pm

SilverX wrote:I agree with everyone saying that the 40mil price tag is crazy for this guy. But just imagine if these rumors were true that we are so interested in this guy.

We all ask ourselves after all this time we never splashed this much cash for a player. Gomez is the only other signing that even came close enough to this type of spending. Now imagine if our board when to Pep and offered him the job and Pep already accepted for next season. (This is just theoretically speaking, but imagine with me here)

Pep accepted but also said that he wants certain players at the club when he arrives otherwise its a no go. Maybe Martinez is one of his players that he had on his wishlist and our board is going after him hard. It would make sense to splash the cash to lure such a coach to the team, wouldn't you guys say? 40 Mil to lure one of the most successful club coaches to Bayern doesn't seem that bad of a figure.

Its wishful thinking but would make sense to go after him even though his high price tag. If you ask me I would rather spend the 40 mil and have Pep at bayern then save the 40 mil and not have pep here.

:) Would be cool, but one never knows...

I honestly doubt the Bayern board will spend 40 Mill for one player just so that Pep could come in, besides, we could nearly get two Neuers with the same amount of money (hehehe)

And with everyone saying we have a "boatload of cash" from CL, YOU ARE WRONG. Bayern has in fact debts that they owe to the builders of Allianz-Arena, so I can't see them spending that much on one player... They would rather first pay off everything then start spending carefully. Also, UEFA's financial fair play rules kick in next season so we need to be careful on what we spend...
"2013 - Bayern WILL win in Wembley." quoted the day Bayern lost the CL final.

May 25th, I was right.
Paddymcfatty
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby raz25 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I don't think anyone should worry that we'll spend 40 million, for many reasons:
1) We respect ourselves and our principles, we don't throw away money
2) He's not worth it
3) The most we've played for a player was 30 Mil, and he was a striker, and a Bundesliga top scorer, and German
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News