You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Harry Kane

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Harry Kane

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Valerio wrote:Kane is the kind of accomplished uk player that rather than going away from home will join the likes of Manchester United,Chelsea,Liverpool or Arsenal.
Just my gut feeling.

You think? He seems like a guy, who'd only go abroad if he'd ever leave Tottenham. Otherwise he'll stay there forever.
Contract till 2024, end of story.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Reckon he'll be loyal to Tottenham till the end of his career, bit of a shame.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 pm

He's the only one who can score more goals than Shearer.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:06 pm

And unfortunately that's the only thing he's interested in rather than playing for a European royalty and win the CL. There's something to be said about that of course, he bet his daughter's life on a dubious goal (which is actually world class :lol:), but I generally have no fondness for these players. Totti and Gerrard are wastes of careers in my book.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Valerio » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:25 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:And unfortunately that's the only thing he's interested in rather than playing for a European royalty and win the CL. There's something to be said about that of course, he bet his daughter's life on a dubious goal (which is actually world class :lol:), but I generally have no fondness for these players. Totti and Gerrard are wastes of careers in my book.

well I agree Totti if he accepted to go Real he may have collected a Ballon d'or or two and won something beside a scudetto.
If I were Totti I would've left Roma after the scudetto in 2000
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Gerrard won the CL and Totti the WC. It's not waste of talent. Sure they'd have a bunch more league titles but is that what we measure talent by in individuals?
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Gerrard won the CL and Totti the WC. It's not waste of talent. Sure they'd have a bunch more league titles but is that what we measure talent by in individuals?

Well, no. They had the talent to play for better teams and win more, but they didn't, therefore wasted talent.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Gerrard won the CL and Totti the WC. It's not waste of talent. Sure they'd have a bunch more league titles but is that what we measure talent by in individuals?

And Totti won Serie A which is most important and it was back then in those days of football, a great success and achievement. I'll never forget that historic weekend in Roma at Olimplico.

They are great players and showed with their example that success doesn't necessarily means joining all European Rekordmeister clubs and those 2nd and 3rd best clubs after them. Not to mention clubs that entirely conquered football like Chelsea in 2003 and other foreign owners and sugar daddies in Premier league, etc.

Totti is a Real Madrid fan, no doubt. Real attempted to bring him to Madrid in 3-4 years period, but he rejected them. Also, Some 13-14 years ago, Milan and Juventus also offered him a move, but he played down the offers as well as he did with Chelsea.

Gerrard's greatest tragedy was FC Loserfull complex. He could have moved to Chelsea in 2005 but he rejected that and stayed forever in Liverpool until the move in the USA which isn't exactly a 100% loyalty like Totti. Even Real Madrid in 2000's were sneaking around, tested his loyalty in 1-2 occasions, but he said no to everyone.

He spent the entire career to win the domestic championship, but his team failed. The club is still trying to win their first PL title and this season is so far their best ever in the entire club history, but it won't be if they aren't going to get their so wanted first domestic championship, ie Premier League.

Liverpool was the best English club ever until the beginning of this decade when Ferguson's United surpassed it. Despite the latter fact, some still are talking about Liverpool as the best English club even though they never won a single PL title. He didn't waste his talent, the club wasted so much money on sooooo many wrong players and sold guys like Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen at their peak and the latter two failed to win titles and even declined.

If you ask me, their act of loyalty wasn't waste of talent at all, in fact... You can't lose the talent. You are born with it. Ronaldinho never lost his talent and he still has it. He showed that in Italy and in Brazil and México.
He just achieved everything as a player(not just NT/club trophies but also individual ones) and gave up, said: "I'm fine with all this and I want to enjoy life."

Form is temporary, talent is forever.

Harry Kane should stay in Tottenham and also like Gerrard try to win so wanted PL title. In fact, what Totti wanted to do is to turn AS Roma into Italian Real Madrid, but rare players thought about the idea of doing that, otherwise Roma would have won 2-3 more titles over the last 18 years.
Gerrard... Once upon a time the best English club, but also the silliest one for almost 3 decades when it comes to sign great players and coaches to beat United, Arsenal, and after the year 2003 - Chelsea and City.

Because of these constant in/out transfers where elite clubs dictate, attract, steal, etc. everything, football became a money factory and a pure circus, but also a source for many destroyed young talents who were impatient to earn their first millions.

Dumbledore has consciously ignored the rules, standards and views in football 20-25-30 years ago. Players like Totti, Gerrard, Lampard, Giggs, Scholes, etc were raised in entirely different football world and rules. Football perspective and views from the last 17-18 years has so little in common with the 20th century perspective and views.

Kane should be an example for other players: "We have a lot of money, let's make Tottenham a great football club.". Who wants to do it, he'll stay. Who doesn't want, he doesn't care about the club but only about his bank account and his own wishes and ambitions, ie no Spurs gene therefore that means no club legends in Tottenham history, just expandables.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm

How does wasting talent equate losing talent? Get a grip.

And give me a break, they didn't stay to make their clubs great, they stayed either because they love the clubs too much (fair enough reason to trade off success) or they were too comfortable. What of legendary players who originated from clubs even worse than Roma and Liverpool, who have moved out to become European legends? Should Robben and Ronaldo have stayed in Groningen and Lisbon and unrealistically attempted to make those clubs great? It is precisely because they had ambitions beyond that that they became footballing legends for the very best clubs in Europe and became a treat to everyone, not just fans of those clubs. They would have wasted their talents had they not moved out.

I get the frustration at the fact that I called out Totti and Gerrard because they achieved great things at quite good clubs where the aspiration to become a powerhouse was semi-realistic. Kane however plays for Tottenham, one of the most disgusting clubs on the planet that will never achieve anything and could not care less about footballing success*. He'd be better off in Real Madrid even if he doesn't know it, Tottenham don't love him as much as he does them. Not dissimilar to Liverpool's flop during Gerrard's time which was an injustice to Gerrard's talent.

* I lost it at Tottenham when they let football be played on an NFL pitch, on top of making no signings following one of their best seasons where all they needed was 2-3 players to make the PL realistic. Nothing wrong with hosting the NFL at your stadium, but to let your players and staff play a football match the day after without fixing the pitch is a clear sign of oblivious leadership. I'd quit Bayern if that ever happens, not because of the "selling the soul" rubbish that many romantic fans would think, but because they prevented their players from playing the best football. If Kane had aspirations beyond Shearer's record, that'd have been his trigger to leave. The club, like old Liverpool, don't deserve good players.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 pm

I have to tend to agree. Gerrard, Totti, etc - yes, they had some success for sure, and I wouldn't say they totally "wasted" their talent, but at the same time... Totti wins the WC whether he stays at Roma or not...and he probably wins more if he leaves. Same with Gerrard - I imagine if he leaves, he probably wins the CL and then some. So yes, by most standards, two pretty successful careers, but we'll always have to wonder what could have been, I think.
Anyways, largely the same with Kane. I'm sure he can still do some interesting things with Spurs, but I think he can do all of that AND win more by leaving, probably.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Who has said here that he won't leave one day?

He's got 3-4 years to do so and still play 3-4 years of top football as a striker in best football years 28-32 somewhere else. It's all up to him to decide whether is good for him to stay or leave with Spurs, but Tottenham won't sell him below 200 mil €.
Levy is a tough trader and simply adores money. He'll do whatever it takes to get as much as possible just as he did with Modrić, Bale and other players.

Furthermore, Kane is a striker who could move to Real Madrid and actually give/add something more to them unlike problematic Benzema. Real have been doing bad with strikers after Ronaldo Nazário, Raúl and Van Nistelrooy. Higuain was a better choice for them back then, but they chose to keep Benzema.

There's no "waste of talent", there are just choices and decisions. The rest is irrelevant anyway. I could say that Fabregas "wasted his talent" by returning to Barcelona instead of becoming bigger and greater midfielder at Arsenal and eventually somewhere else after the Gunners, but he chose to win everything and in the end screw his career at Camp Nou, where he didn't become neither Xavi's nor Iniesta's successor but my man and namesake on the avatar Ivan. In that case, Fabregas wasted both "talent" and career.

Some people, just like me, can't understand how Leo Messi never left Barcelona to pursue the title of the greatest ever in the Premier League or Serie A, but well... that's his choice and decision.
Maybe because he would face very likely the same scenario like in Argentina NT and certainly not because the story about great(est) football club Barcelona(3 out of 4 stolen CL titles) which is a total bullshit for everyone who follows football before Ronaldinho's arrival, before 21st century and late-90's.

Still, it's fine coz we all have different views and opinions and I have no problem with that at all. :wink:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Valerio » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Fénix wrote:Who has said here that he won't leave one day?

He's got 3-4 years to do so and still play 3-4 years of top football as a striker in best football years 28-32 somewhere else. It's all up to him to decide whether is good for him to stay or leave with Spurs, but Tottenham won't sell him below 200 mil €.
Levy is a tough trader and simply adores money. He'll do whatever it takes to get as much as possible just as he did with Modrić, Bale and other players.

Furthermore, Kane is a striker who could move to Real Madrid and actually give/add something more to them unlike problematic Benzema. Real have been doing bad with strikers after Ronaldo Nazário, Raúl and Van Nistelrooy. Higuain was a better choice for them back then, but they chose to keep Benzema.

There's no "waste of talent", there are just choices and decisions. The rest is irrelevant anyway. I could say that Fabregas "wasted his talent" by returning to Barcelona instead of becoming bigger and greater midfielder at Arsenal and eventually somewhere else after the Gunners, but he chose to win everything and in the end screw his career at Camp Nou, where he didn't become neither Xavi's nor Iniesta's successor but my man and namesake on the avatar Ivan. In that case, Fabregas wasted both "talent" and career.

Some people, just like me, can't understand how Leo Messi never left Barcelona to pursue the title of the greatest ever in the Premier League or Serie A, but well... that's his choice and decision.
Maybe because he would face very likely the same scenario like in Argentina NT and certainly not because the story about great(est) football club Barcelona(3 out of 4 stolen CL titles) which is a total bullshit for everyone who follows football before Ronaldinho's arrival, before 21st century and late-90's.

Still, it's fine coz we all have different views and opinions and I have no problem with that at all. :wink:

Well Messi has always been the highest paid player on Earth...
Barcellona whenever he got a offer from City always renewed his contract and gave whatever he wanted.
Barcellona before Real Madrid era dominated the Liga and champions League
So he really had little to make him move elsewhere.
Maybe just curiosity telling him let try Premier but that's it.
A move to Premier on a club lvl would have been a step back in his career
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News