You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gelson Martins

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Gelson Martins

Postby Bluex145 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Bluex145
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Re: Gelson Martins

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Gelson Martins [Gelson Dany Batalha Martins] :D Barca rumored as well.

Style of play

Mainly a winger on both flanks, Martins can also operate as a right back, a trait which cemented his place in the junior national teams.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:00 pm

I want to know if he plays all the time like he seems to play against Real Madrid.

Neuer
Kimmich Boateng(Süle) Hummels(Süle) Alaba
Martinez(Vidal)
Robben(Müller) Müller(James) Thiago(Vidal) Ribéry(Coman)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Coman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Gelson Martins is just having a real good first half against BVB.

Dembelé is invisible. Miss everything

via Tapatalk
Neuer
Kimmich Boateng(Süle) Hummels(Süle) Alaba
Martinez(Vidal)
Robben(Müller) Müller(James) Thiago(Vidal) Ribéry(Coman)
Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Bluex145 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Bluex145
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:04 am

He really impressed in the first game against Madrid, but wasn't that good against Dortmund. He looks promising, though, and it would be normal to keep an eye on him for this game and others.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Gelson Martins

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Another winger on the radar. According to O Jogo Bayern representatives have followed Gelson Martins from Sporting Lisbon, and were impressed by the boy. I hope it is wrong. I really think that Leon Bailey is the real deal, even before Pulisic who is unreacheble because BVB and our history of purchasing BVB players. No Malcom, no Draxler, no Brandt, please Leon Bailey :mrgreen:
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:00 am

Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Ricardo Quaresma all have had an enormous talent and a lot of things in common. They are all Portuguese wingers who graduated at Sporting Lisbon’s renowned Alcochete academy and who were predestined to reach the absolute pinnacle of football in their careers. While you could make a case that Nani has had a decent career, the same cannot be said about Quaresma who never fulfilled his potential. Cristiano Ronaldo, whom some said at the time was the least talented of the three, outworked his fellow countrymen in the following years and is now considered one of the greatest players this sport has witnessed.

Sporting’s academy was producing great players before them and has continued to do so after, but many clubs are now more cautious and are taking their time in assessing their youngsters. Not everyone can be a new Cristiano Ronaldo, of course, but also not everyone is another Ricardo Quaresma destined to disappoint.Gelson Martins, their latest gem, who’s taking the same path at the early stage of his career as the aforementioned players, can no longer be ignored. He has been scouted by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern, Chelsea and other top club across Europe in the past two years.
Gelson is right winger who loves to use his exceptional flair and speed to beat his opponents before he attempts to create chances for others with his passing and accurate crossing. Leaving him in one-on-one situations is trouble waiting to happen for his marker and it’s not uncommon that Gelson will attempt to beat two or more adversaries in front of him, and often come out as a winner.

He was averaging 2.3 dribbles and 1.4 key passes per game , which is just a little bit behind Liverpool’s Sadio Mane who had 2.5 dribbles and 1.6 key per-game last season. However, Gelson’s work-rate is and defensive contribution admirable too, as he has no problems at putting pressure on the opposition backline or tracking back to help his team.The Portuguese international is tactically intelligent and knows how to stretch the defense with his movement. He is capable of shielding the ball, but is also smart enough to know when to draw a foul when he feels he can be outmuscled. He's always trying to find ways to be involved in a game by opening himself up to his team-mates and is not afraid to take responsibility.

On the other hand, he needs to work on his finishing and composure as he can be wasteful in front of goal. He's a courageous footballer who is often brimming with confidence but it can lead him to get carried away with his dribbling, occasionally in dangerous areas within his own half.

The Sporting star has a contract until the summer of 2021 and a release clause of 60m but it is believed that Sporting could accept a lower fee.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby prasun77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:03 am

To those who are concerned excessively about the authenticity..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Isabella » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:Another winger on the radar. According to O Jogo Bayern representatives have followed Gelson Martins from Sporting Lisbon, and were impressed by the boy. I hope it is wrong. I really think that Leon Bailey is the real deal, even before Pulisic who is unreacheble because BVB and our history of purchasing BVB players. No Malcom, no Draxler, no Brandt, please Leon Bailey :mrgreen:

Bailey his almost unreachable as Pulisic is at least without a release clause in his contract or until Rudi Voeller will be sporting director at Leverkusen.
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Isabella wrote:
Mircea_1984 wrote:Another winger on the radar. According to O Jogo Bayern representatives have followed Gelson Martins from Sporting Lisbon, and were impressed by the boy. I hope it is wrong. I really think that Leon Bailey is the real deal, even before Pulisic who is unreacheble because BVB and our history of purchasing BVB players. No Malcom, no Draxler, no Brandt, please Leon Bailey :mrgreen:

Bailey his almost unreachable as Pulisic is at least without a release clause in his contract or until Rudi Voeller will be sporting director at Leverkusen.
Just read that Milan are looking at the Jamaican.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News