You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Erling Haaland [Erling Braut Håland]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Erling Haaland [Erling Braut Håland]

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Aryagorn wrote:
Min wrote:I am sure phenomenal Hansi would find the ways how to employ them both. Or rotate them. If Real Madrid would like to have Mbappe and Haaland together, why can't we have Lewy and Haaland together?

Can Haaland or Lewy play as an inside forward like Mbappe does?

Not in our system. Bayern's inside forwards have to also be able to play out wide. Take Gnabry for example who isn't your typical winger but more more of a inside forward who can play centrally but also out wide. Lewa and Haaland are not of that mold and would be wasted playing in a wide position.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Min wrote:
aterford wrote:I mean, what do you do?
Find a way to play Lewy and Haaland together? (At the expense of...?)
Sell the best player in the world in his prime so as to not miss on Haaland?

Think it's okay to admit that the timing just isn't there for us.

I am sure phenomenal Hansi would find the ways how to employ them both. Or rotate them. If Real Madrid would like to have Mbappe and Haaland together, why can't we have Lewy and Haaland together?

I don't think there's any chance you see both Haaland and Mbappe playing together for any time soon, but even if that were the case, it's not exactly apples to apples. It's one thing to play a guy like Mbappe - who can play as a traditional CF but also as a wide forward or winger - alongside a traditional CF in Haaland; it's another thing entirely to try and fit two traditional CFs in Lewy/Haaland together in the same side. (Of course there's still also the question of who gets sat to accommodate that sort of arrangement, too. And TBH I'm not convinced that the duo of Lewy+Muller is going to be appreciably worse than shoehorning Haaland+Lewy together into a lineup)

Beyond that I don't think you're going to convince Haaland to come to Munich to be "rotated" when he can walk into the starting XI of 99% of clubs in the world - it just so happens that our club has perhaps the one guy better than him at his position/role starting right now. If he could get a move to be a week-in, week-out starting XI player at City, United, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, wherever...why would he come to Bayern and play in a rotation with Lewy?
On the other hand, asking Lewandowski to take a role in rotation with another CF is pretty much akin to asking Ronaldo or Messi to be a rotation player at the moment. Kind of insulting to a player like him right now and I'm sure isn't even a topic of discussion in the slightest (nor should it be)
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Min » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:56 pm

''Beyond that I don't think you're going to convince Haaland to come to Munich to be "rotated" when he can walk into the starting XI of 99% of clubs in the world - it just so happens that our club has perhaps the one guy better than him at his position/role starting right now. If he could get a move to be a week-in, week-out starting XI player at City, United, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, wherever...why would he come to Bayern and play in a rotation with Lewy?
On the other hand, asking Lewandowski to take a role in rotation with another CF is pretty much akin to asking Ronaldo or Messi to be a rotation player at the moment. Kind of insulting to a player like him right now and I'm sure isn't even a topic of discussion in the slightest (nor should it be)[/quote]''

I got your points. If Bayern are planning to play Lewa for five more years, then I agree, no Haaland then.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:54 pm

Min wrote:''Beyond that I don't think you're going to convince Haaland to come to Munich to be "rotated" when he can walk into the starting XI of 99% of clubs in the world - it just so happens that our club has perhaps the one guy better than him at his position/role starting right now. If he could get a move to be a week-in, week-out starting XI player at City, United, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, wherever...why would he come to Bayern and play in a rotation with Lewy?
On the other hand, asking Lewandowski to take a role in rotation with another CF is pretty much akin to asking Ronaldo or Messi to be a rotation player at the moment. Kind of insulting to a player like him right now and I'm sure isn't even a topic of discussion in the slightest (nor should it be)
''

I got your points. If Bayern are planning to play Lewa for five more years, then I agree, no Haaland then.[/quote]

That's the tricky thing unfortunately. Does Lewy have five years left? I don't know, seems like that would be a stretch. But does he have two, maybe three top years (after this season) left in him? Probably so. Even still - Haaland probably moves this summer, so it's not about Lewy having 2 or 3 or 5 years left - you have to choose right now if you want to move on from him or not, effectively. So the timing is just crap for us. If it were 2022 or 2023 and Lewy was in the last year/s of his contract and/or showing some decline, it's a no-brainer. But right now he's got 2.5 seasons left under contract and is literally the best player in the world at the moment. Haaland is great, but can you imagine the uproar if we decided to move on from Lewandowski this summer? I would love to see Haaland here but unfortunately it's feeling like the stars just aren't lining up for us on this one.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:42 am

aterford wrote:
Min wrote:
aterford wrote:I mean, what do you do?
Find a way to play Lewy and Haaland together? (At the expense of...?)
Sell the best player in the world in his prime so as to not miss on Haaland?

Think it's okay to admit that the timing just isn't there for us.

I am sure phenomenal Hansi would find the ways how to employ them both. Or rotate them. If Real Madrid would like to have Mbappe and Haaland together, why can't we have Lewy and Haaland together?

I don't think there's any chance you see both Haaland and Mbappe playing together for any time soon, but even if that were the case, it's not exactly apples to apples. It's one thing to play a guy like Mbappe - who can play as a traditional CF but also as a wide forward or winger - alongside a traditional CF in Haaland; it's another thing entirely to try and fit two traditional CFs in Lewy/Haaland together in the same side. (Of course there's still also the question of who gets sat to accommodate that sort of arrangement, too. And TBH I'm not convinced that the duo of Lewy+Muller is going to be appreciably worse than shoehorning Haaland+Lewy together into a lineup)

Beyond that I don't think you're going to convince Haaland to come to Munich to be "rotated" when he can walk into the starting XI of 99% of clubs in the world - it just so happens that our club has perhaps the one guy better than him at his position/role starting right now. If he could get a move to be a week-in, week-out starting XI player at City, United, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, wherever...why would he come to Bayern and play in a rotation with Lewy?
I'm not 100% sure that Lewy would be able to keep Haaland on the bench.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 am

Explain please because some of your statements are completely radical and unreasonable.
Lewy does what Haaland does x2 better how is possible that the latter can keep the best striker in the world benched ?

Now, not in 10 years.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:11 pm

Hahha just read that Raiola wants to offer him to Barca
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aryagorn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Hahha just read that Raiola wants to offer him to Barca

Raiola is not a freaking slave owner :lol:

If Haaland desires to join Barca, it's because he himself wants to.

Raiola's job is to help his clients get as much money as possible.

Which he does a brilliant job at.
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Aryagorn wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Hahha just read that Raiola wants to offer him to Barca

Raiola is not a freaking slave owner

If Haaland desires to join Barca, it's because he himself wants to.

Raiola's job is to help his clients get as much money as possible.

Which he does a brilliant job at.
And how he himself is to suck from the club(s)
He is known for unsettling his clients ..
He provokes so his clients change clubs as frequently as possible... Balotelli and Ibra case in pt
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

Achilles wrote:Explain please because some of your statements are completely radical and unreasonable.
Lewy does what Haaland does x2 better how is possible that the latter can keep the best striker in the world benched ?

Now, not in 10 years.
Haaland is bagging an insane amount of goals in a much inferior team. Would there really be as much of a difference between both if Müller, Coman, Sané and Gnabry were supplying Haaland instead of whomever? I'm not sure. At this point, Lewy is probably the better player, but I think the difference is not as big as it looks.

Edit: in fact, if you take both the Bundesliga and the CL, Haaland has a goal each 65 minutes, while Lewy has one each 70. Lewy has the upper hand if you only take the BuLi and Lewy seems like the superior assister, but then again Lewy is 32 and Haaland is 20, as soon as next year Haaland may be the absolute better player for all we know (depends on how Lewy ages and how much Haaland keeps improving).

PunkCapitalist

Postby Achilles » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Lewandowski's link up play and contribution in our overall offensive game is very vital. He is putting up those numbers by serving the system and not by making the others play for him (CR7 Madrid, Gomez 2011 etc)

Haaland is brilliant but I don't think he would hit 40-50 goals here coming right away I don't see that much of team effort in in him, more like a top top finisher. BVB since Klopp is a team which (creating) goals where never a problem, every BVB striker had good stats and many goals because of their style and their good forwards. It's just Haaland's quality who elevates the numbers but let's not make it like he plays with the likes of Caliguiri and Kruse upfront.

Again, for me Lewandowski overall is a striker with zero weaknesses. Literally he does everything on the pitch, from tactical standpoint, work rate and of course what strikers do best is scoring with every possible way. Haaland at the moment hasn't showed those overall skills and especially to a ball possession based teams with much tighter spaces and without those free runs. However, Haaland's pure talent and mostly his potential our superior to Lewy thus he is set to surpass him because he does what Lewy did four years younger.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Achilles wrote:Lewandowski's link up play and contribution in our overall offensive game is very vital. He is putting up those numbers by serving the system and not by making the others play for him (CR7 Madrid, Gomez 2011 etc)

Haaland is brilliant but I don't think he would hit 40-50 goals here coming right away I don't see that much of team effort in in him, more like a top top finisher. BVB since Klopp is a team which (creating) goals where never a problem, every BVB striker had good stats and many goals because of their style and their good forwards. It's just Haaland's quality who elevates the numbers but let's not make it like he plays with the likes of Caliguiri and Kruse upfront.

Again, for me Lewandowski overall is a striker with zero weaknesses. Literally he does everything on the pitch, from tactical standpoint, work rate and of course what strikers do best is scoring with every possible way. Haaland at the moment hasn't showed those overall skills and especially to a ball possession based teams with much tighter spaces and without those free runs. However, Haaland's pure talent and mostly his potential our superior to Lewy thus he is set to surpass him because he does what Lewy did four years younger.

I do agree that Lewandowski is quite a complete forward and that he does a lot for our playing style. I don't agree on your evaluation of Dortmund; they were a great team once, but over the past 2 years or so they have been quite bad. Haaland IS essentially playing with Caliguiri and Kruse, the only other player in their squad worth anything is Sancho. This is not like Klopp or Tuchel's BVB which had great players all over the pitch. Anyway, yes, at this precise moment, Lewy is very probably superior... But for how long will he remain so? For all we know, by next season, Haaland may already be better.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Awax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I do agree that Lewandowski is quite a complete forward and that he does a lot for our playing style. I don't agree on your evaluation of Dortmund; they were a great team once, but over the past 2 years or so they have been quite bad. Haaland IS essentially playing with Caliguiri and Kruse, the only other player in their squad worth anything is Sancho. This is not like Klopp or Tuchel's BVB which had great players all over the pitch. Anyway, yes, at this precise moment, Lewy is very probably superior... But for how long will he remain so? For all we know, by next season, Haaland may already be better.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that he's already a better #9. He's a monster of a player. Fast, a shot out of this world, incredible finisher. Not afraid to admit it.

It's ok, flame me :lol:
Awax
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News