You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dries Mertens

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Dries Mertens

Postby the12th » Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

an absolute must buy with impressive assist and goal tally.... since he wants to play with us, he will be loyal, and won't act like a diva....
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm

the12th wrote:since he wants to play with us, he will be loyal, and won't act like a diva....

Well, there is no guarantee like that.

and besides, him saying he wants to play for us is likely just an attempt to increase his chances of getting our interest.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby smaw2010 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:35 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
the12th wrote:since he wants to play with us, he will be loyal, and won't act like a diva....

Well, there is no guarantee like that.

and besides, him saying he wants to play for us is likely just an attempt to increase his chances of getting our interest.

He would be a good choice, since we want to buy a winger, if we can't get Belhanda, then Mertens is also a good choice. He has the free kick skills and I like the way he thinks on the field. He does things in a swift fashion
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby the12th » Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Well, there is no guarantee like that.

yes, but still that's better then convincing a player to play with us for a huge salary. and i think he's better then most of other options we have for a winger..
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

He scored today. Couldn't find a vid of the goal though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Pranjic wanted to play for us :^o

the12th wrote:yes, but still that's better then convincing a player to play with us for a huge salary. and i think he's better then most of other options we have for a winger..

That depends because if a player doesn't immediately jump up with joy when he hears that Bayern are interested, it must be because other top teams are very interested and it's hard to choose, so he must be good.

I hear this guy is very good though :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby the12th » Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Pranjic wanted to play for us :^o

the12th wrote:yes, but still that's better then convincing a player to play with us for a huge salary. and i think he's better then most of other options we have for a winger..

That depends because if a player doesn't immediately jump up with joy when he hears that Bayern are interested, it must be because other top teams are very interested and it's hard to choose, so he must be good.

I hear this guy is very good though :)

yeah but pranjic never complained, well he started after heynckes benched him for most of the season not even giving him a substitute role. he was pretty decent two years ago, and last year too. and he wasn't bought as a prospect, he was bought to be a backup.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am

Personally I belive that Bayern should get this guy when it comes to depth on our roster we are clearly lacking hate to say it even Chelsea beats us there a guy like Mertens and more hopefully wud help us fill in that hole...hopefully in the coming seasons Bayern will address that problem and help us establish a better rotation
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Dries Mertens

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:34 am

Awww man I really was hoping Bayern would sign this guy he already has openly said he wants to move to play for Bayern

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/05/29/3134036/inter-set-sights-on-dries-mertens

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby smaw2010 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am

I would like to have him also. I doubt that he would want to move to Serie A. If Bayern are interested in him, I am more than 100% sure he will join us. It seems that Bayern wants to get Martinez as the main target and Mirallas/Suarez because they can play as forward and winger, and they are younger than this guy and play at a similar level
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Mertens was always my first choice for backup winger. The guy is very good, excellent pace, skill, and can play on both wings. In a fluid attack like Bayern's this kind of versatility is essential.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 pm

smaw2010 wrote:I would like to have him also. I doubt that he would want to move to Serie A. If Bayern are interested in him, I am more than 100% sure he will join us. It seems that Bayern wants to get Martinez as the main target and Mirallas/Suarez because they can play as forward and winger, and they are younger than this guy and play at a similar level

I would prefer Mertens over Suarez/Miralles he is proven himself in a stronger league and in European competion...he maybe slightly older but a safer pick than Suarez or Mirallas

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby München Minded » Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Mertens would be a good choice
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Miralles ... Mirallas

Who ... Who?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby fcbCanuck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 am

This guy is still out there and as far as I can remember he still wants Bayern. Bayern should want him. Even though we do have a load of money and could buy Neymar or someone similar I think Mertens would be the best bet. What he has been doing at PSV this season and for the Belgian national team is quite impressive. Cheaper alternative to other players we have been linked with and wouldn't come with the egos that those other possible transfers would have. Would love to see this guy playing for Bayern.
fcbCanuck
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News