You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Dayot Upamecano [Dayotchanculle "Dayot" Upamecano]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Dayot Upamecano [Dayotchanculle "Dayot" Upamecano]

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue May 05, 2020 10:29 pm

sportbild about to sell out in Germany tomorrow
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Wed May 06, 2020 1:44 am

Sell Boa for 10ish get Upa for 30 more? We would have to be absolutely stupid to not make an attempt if this is actually real. 40 for him is ridiculous
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 06, 2020 9:56 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Imagine getting Sané and Dayot for less than 100m.
Comeone Bayern, do something more here. :?

Markus Krösche has dismissed speculation that Dayot Upamecano has agreed on a contract extension - Dayot isn't about to sign anything, neither here nor anywhere else, he said in an interview with Sport Bild. Mintzlaff recently emphasized that the club will not let their key players leave for free under any circumstances. This means that Upamecano will either extend his contract beyond 2021 or be sold this summer.
So Sky really messed up again and Bayern SHOULD try everything to get him this summer.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed May 06, 2020 10:52 am

Id love to see him at bayern next year, but i dont get it from his perspective. We have alaba, Hernandez and sule. Thats 3 good cb's imo and pavard behind that as rb/cb. So why would he join us with a smaller chance to get play time as soon as he joins?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Re: Dayot Upamecano [Dayotchanculle

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:Id love to see him at bayern next year, but i dont get it from his perspective. We have alaba, Hernandez and sule. Thats 3 good cb's imo and pavard behind that as rb/cb. So why would he join us with a smaller chance to get play time as soon as he joins?

I was thinking about that as well, but then I realised that Süle and Lucas barely played this season due to injuries.

In fact I wouldn't be too confident with Süle. Yes he was good, but not world class and his injury was very serious. Let's not forget what happened to Badstuber or even Tolisso.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Evan van Essen » Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Evan van Essen wrote:Id love to see him at bayern next year, but i dont get it from his perspective. We have alaba, Hernandez and sule. Thats 3 good cb's imo and pavard behind that as rb/cb. So why would he join us with a smaller chance to get play time as soon as he joins?

I was thinking about that as well, but then I realised that Süle and Lucas barely played this season due to injuries.

In fact I wouldn't be too confident with Süle. Yes he was good, but not world class and his injury was very serious. Let's not forget what happened to Badstuber or even Tolisso.
Yeah thats true but i dont wanna write off a player just because of an injury. The thing is if noone gets injured in defence u have noway to satisfy everybody.

If we would have davies, alaba, hernandez, sule, upamecano, pavard and another rightback. Then u would have imo 4 cb's worth starting. There is noway we dont play davies. So alaba/hernandez for the left cb and sule/upamecano right cb. Also dont think alot of rotation in defence is the best. So u have 3 decently young cb's and 1 cb (alaba) in his prime years. But none of the cb's are so young they are not ready to be starting at cb.

I feel with us having bad luck this year with cb injuries it makes us over worried and we end up with unhappy players.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Re: Dayot Upamecano [Dayotchanculle

Postby sherpthederp » Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Even fit, Upamecano benches Süle 9 times out of 10. 40m for him is an absolute steal when you consider his age and consistency.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed May 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Lucano here we go!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Wed May 06, 2020 1:40 pm

I am not a big fan of Sule. Sure, he is quite good but he is a bit down the list when you rank central defenders. Do you agree?
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Alexander wrote:I am not a big fan of Sule. Sure, he is quite good but he is a bit down the list when you rank central defenders. Do you agree?
Yes. I hope we keep him as he’s a good sub but we can do better, though it’s not a priority imo.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Upamecano has always been a top-tier CB talent.
Apparently RB lowered their asking price to 40m, but he's currently not a priority for us...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Wed May 06, 2020 2:10 pm

If we have the money I say go for him. Boateng and Javi Martinez will get us some funds so it should be possible.
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Alexander wrote:I am not a big fan of Sule. Sure, he is quite good but he is a bit down the list when you rank central defenders. Do you agree?

He was used couple times as a DM for Hoffenheim and just for parts of the game in Bayern. If he accepts the fact that he is going to rotate on the defense, he can stay as a bench player for us.

The only thing that I cannot stand in his game is the fact that he's making stupid mistakes almost every single game that lead to very dangerous positions in front of our goalie. The guy just doesn't have the aggressive/fresh minded type of play of Alaba, Lucas and Dayot.

I overall agree with you. He's got the balance on some of the days, but for a defender the most important thing is to be consistent. He's not good enough to start on consistent bases for a top club.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm

At the age of 24, Süle thinks the best football years and progress are ahead of him and not behind him or at the present moment. So, the German has got point in some way.

Upamecano is even younger than him, maybe even more talented than Süle, but that doesn't necessarily need the French defender will become way better than him. Life is unpredictable and only hard working players who have consistency in not giving up or relying mostly on their talent succeed to build and have great careers. :wink:
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Fénix wrote:At the age of 24, Süle thinks the best football years and progress are ahead of him and not behind him or at the present moment. So, the German has got point in some way.

Upamecano is even younger than him, maybe even more talented than Süle, but that doesn't necessarily need the French defender will become way better than him. Life is unpredictable and only hard working players who have consistency in not giving up or relying mostly on their talent succeed to build and have great careers. :wink:

So you're basically saying that Dayot > Niklas.
I agree. Give this man a cookie.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News