You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby Fénix » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Pumping the negotiation position, no thank you Mr. Zahavi. As for Alaba, he should extend his deal and take his place as a new leader of Bayern.

He is 27 right now, sounds incredible to say it and how quickly 10 years have passed when we recall his first games under Van Gaal, but now it's time to take further responsibility, just like Robert Lewandowski. Stay and be one of the 3 bosses in the team or move to England and be one of many.

All Spanish clubs are big mess and only option seems England, but I see him staying at Bayern with us. 8)
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4211 times
Been thanked: 4044 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:28 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:There are realistic chances that David Alaba will leave Bayern this summer. [@cfbayern]

Zahavi, Zahavi..


Lets not forget how Bayern do their business. Bayern don't sell unless they want to. No player will force their way out, not even Lewandowski. But, the main problem here is that Alaba's contract expires in 2021 so he has a lot of power. It could end like the Toni Kroos saga. Kroos wanted to leave and only had a year left on his contract. Does Alaba really want to leave? Is this a tactic to earn more money? The hiring of Zahavi is not good news for Bayern.

If Alaba realy wants to leave then Bayern have a successor in Davies. As good as Alaba is, he's not irreplaceable for us. I hope Bayern and Alaba will find a common ground and he'll sign an extension.
In Kalle I trust
User avatar
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Iceland
National Flag:
Iceland
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 395 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 pm

If we really let Alaba leave...WTF. He's 27 and one of the most important players to the club. Absolutely cannot let this man go at any costs. [-o<
vtotheinay
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 111 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:34 pm

If you are a huge Alaba fan and you cannot live with seeing him in another jersey, don't read my post.



If he wants to try something new - well, this is the moment for him. If he signs up for another 4,5 years - there is simply no way a big club will sign him up for a regular starter at the age of 32,33 (he's going to be 28 years-old in a couple of months.

Yes, he's a major part of the team for a lot of years, but I don't think there is a single person who's going to pick him up in front of Phonzie at the moment. When the team is back to full health - he's not starting at the CB either.

Depending on the Kimmich situation we're going to have Lucas, Niklas, Pavard and probably one more right footed CB. Lucas and one of the other guys are starting at the centre when everyone is healthy.

If we can get a good 70-75m from him, with the additional money from Javi, Coco and Boateng - you can fuel up the signings of the likes of Zakaria, Upamekcano and Dest. With the money in the bank - Sané and some other target.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9706
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4565 times
Been thanked: 4717 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby bluetiger » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:23 am

I believe its about a new challenge for him, not money.
Just thinking about him leaving is very sad.

I would offer Alaba the DM position, something he has always wanted and could be great at with his skills, probably WC.

Return Kimmich to RB, with Dest as back up. Upamecano and Lucas as CB, with Pavard and Sule (who is not coming back the same) as backups. Lots of versatility here.
bluetiger
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:41 am

IsiahRashad wrote:you can fuel up the signings of the likes of Zakaria, Upamekcano and Dest.

And all over again you don't have a backup left back and backup right back nor CB no. 4. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's time to stop this small squad madness that started in summer 2014. We want to compete with small squad for 3 trophies and we always have 3-4 players out of the team due to serious injuries and the rest of the depth is not a game changer.

Without 7-8 real defenders in 4 spots in the last line, we have nothing to do in top football.

Spoiler: show
The same goes with wingers if we aren't going to have 4 real wingers and of that 3 true starting wingers and of them 2 top class players, a excellent one and the 4th some very good one who can also do his job like the first 3.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4211 times
Been thanked: 4044 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:31 am

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:you can fuel up the signings of the likes of Zakaria, Upamekcano and Dest.

And all over again you don't have a backup left back and backup right back nor CB no. 4. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's time to stop this small squad madness that started in summer 2014. We want to compete with small squad for 3 trophies and we always have 3-4 players out of the team due to serious injuries and the rest of the depth is not a game changer.

Without 7-8 real defenders in 4 spots in the last line, we have nothing to do in top football.

Spoiler: show
The same goes with wingers if we aren&#39;t going to have 4 real wingers and of that 3 true starting wingers and of them 2 top class players, a excellent one and the 4th some very good one who can also do his job like the first 3.


Well, this was only a part of the singnings which I suggested. On top of that :

Niklas Süle, Pavard, Lucas, Upamecano - 4 CB choices;
Dest, Pavard, Kimmich - 3 RB choices;
Davies, Lucas, Dest (he played 1/3 of his games on the LB) - 3 LB choices.

It's more than enough. Injuries always play a part in our game, but Alaba also missed a lot of time for Pep in his first 2 seasons, so he's not unbreakable either.

I'm totally fine with Upamecano, Dest and a new contract for David, but I think Bayern are seriously considering selling him for fueling the long waited reinforcements at the attacking end.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9706
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4565 times
Been thanked: 4717 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Kimmich is not an option anymore as we have seen and there are no 2 Pavard-s. :wink:

Being an option and having 8 players(2 CBs - 4 players and 2 FBs - 4 players) isn't the same thing especially when you have something like 2019/2020 and 2018/2019 issues.

I want 2012/2013 scenario - Dante, Boateng, Badstuber, Van Buyten and Alaba, Lahm, Rafinha, Contento.

Ever since we stopped with this scenario in defensive line, we have struggled every single season after 2013/2014 and it's all about whether we want to keep constantly repeating it or not.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4211 times
Been thanked: 4044 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Fénix wrote:I want 2012/2013 scenario - Dante, Boateng, Badstuber, Van Buyten and Alaba, Lahm, Rafinha, Contento.

Here you go:

Lucas, Upamecano, Suele, Boateng and Davies, Kimmich, Pavard and Dest.

It's doable if we sell Alaba. Just sayin'.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 44716
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8167 times
Been thanked: 12786 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby Fénix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:52 pm

No Boateng in FC Bayern and no Kimmich at RB position. Do I have to literally draw everything? :mrgreen:
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10124
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4211 times
Been thanked: 4044 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby aterford » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:07 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Yes, he's a major part of the team for a lot of years, but I don't think there is a single person who's going to pick him up in front of Phonzie at the moment. When the team is back to full health - he's not starting at the CB either.

Depending on the Kimmich situation we're going to have Lucas, Niklas, Pavard and probably one more right footed CB. Lucas and one of the other guys are starting at the centre when everyone is healthy.


The only thing is that this requires we assume that Lucas will - after missing a good chunk of the past year with injury - get back to his top pre-injury form in order to claim a starting spot. Because right now Alaba's clearly ahead of him, even as a CB - and ahead of Pavard too. It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world class level at CB lately. Even if we're playing Phonzie at LB, at the moment Phonzie - Alaba - Sule - Pavard (for example) is much stronger than Phonzie - Lucas - Sule - Pavard or Phonzie - Sule - Pavard - Kimmich (or other RB). Even on the basis of size, Alaba is just ~2cm and 1kg smaller than Lucas, so it's not like we're talking about a huge size advantage/mismatch to take advantage of.

So I guess my question is this: given the form he's in a the moment, why *wouldn't* he continue starting at CB? I'm not sure it'd be wise to sell a player like Alaba, basically when it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now.
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4073 times
Been thanked: 3237 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:05 pm

aterford wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Yes, he's a major part of the team for a lot of years, but I don't think there is a single person who's going to pick him up in front of Phonzie at the moment. When the team is back to full health - he's not starting at the CB either.

Depending on the Kimmich situation we're going to have Lucas, Niklas, Pavard and probably one more right footed CB. Lucas and one of the other guys are starting at the centre when everyone is healthy.


The only thing is that this requires we assume that Lucas will - after missing a good chunk of the past year with injury - get back to his top pre-injury form in order to claim a starting spot. Because right now Alaba's clearly ahead of him, even as a CB - and ahead of Pavard too. It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world class level at CB lately. Even if we're playing Phonzie at LB, at the moment Phonzie - Alaba - Sule - Pavard (for example) is much stronger than Phonzie - Lucas - Sule - Pavard or Phonzie - Sule - Pavard - Kimmich (or other RB). Even on the basis of size, Alaba is just ~2cm and 1kg smaller than Lucas, so it's not like we're talking about a huge size advantage/mismatch to take advantage of.

So I guess my question is this: given the form he's in a the moment, why *wouldn't* he continue starting at CB? I'm not sure it'd be wise to sell a player like Alaba, basically when it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now.


Because I'm 1000 % confident in Lucas, that's why. He's the best CB in our team if we assume that every player is in top condition. The time missed by Lucas is not that much and I'm much more worried about Süle.
If we take the same argument "It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world-class level at CB lately", we can say exactly the same about Boateng. Right?

You know I agree with you in 99 % of the time, but saying that "it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now." is an absolute insult. Simeone made him an absolute machine and one of the worlds-best in his position, and I just can't imagine the hype if he was in the place of Boateng or Alaba in the recent months when our defence worked good and proper.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9706
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 4565 times
Been thanked: 4717 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:32 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
aterford wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Yes, he's a major part of the team for a lot of years, but I don't think there is a single person who's going to pick him up in front of Phonzie at the moment. When the team is back to full health - he's not starting at the CB either.

Depending on the Kimmich situation we're going to have Lucas, Niklas, Pavard and probably one more right footed CB. Lucas and one of the other guys are starting at the centre when everyone is healthy.


The only thing is that this requires we assume that Lucas will - after missing a good chunk of the past year with injury - get back to his top pre-injury form in order to claim a starting spot. Because right now Alaba's clearly ahead of him, even as a CB - and ahead of Pavard too. It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world class level at CB lately. Even if we're playing Phonzie at LB, at the moment Phonzie - Alaba - Sule - Pavard (for example) is much stronger than Phonzie - Lucas - Sule - Pavard or Phonzie - Sule - Pavard - Kimmich (or other RB). Even on the basis of size, Alaba is just ~2cm and 1kg smaller than Lucas, so it's not like we're talking about a huge size advantage/mismatch to take advantage of.

So I guess my question is this: given the form he's in a the moment, why *wouldn't* he continue starting at CB? I'm not sure it'd be wise to sell a player like Alaba, basically when it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now.


Because I'm 1000 % confident in Lucas, that's why. He's the best CB in our team if we assume that every player is in top condition. The time missed by Lucas is not that much and I'm much more worried about Süle.
If we take the same argument "It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world-class level at CB lately", we can say exactly the same about Boateng. Right?

You know I agree with you in 99 % of the time, but saying that "it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now." is an absolute insult. Simeone made him an absolute machine and one of the worlds-best in his position, and I just can't imagine the hype if he was in the place of Boateng or Alaba in the recent months when our defence worked good and proper.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

And I‘m telling you again: I doubt over the course of his contract we will see a season where he plays 40+ games
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21775
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1111 times
Been thanked: 4966 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby aterford » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Because I'm 1000 % confident in Lucas, that's why. He's the best CB in our team if we assume that every player is in top condition. The time missed by Lucas is not that much and I'm much more worried about Süle.
If we take the same argument "It's no stretch to say he's been playing at a world-class level at CB lately", we can say exactly the same about Boateng. Right?

You know I agree with you in 99 % of the time, but saying that "it's predicated on the *hope* that maybe Lucas will get to playing CB at the same or better level than Alaba is right now." is an absolute insult. Simeone made him an absolute machine and one of the worlds-best in his position, and I just can't imagine the hype if he was in the place of Boateng or Alaba in the recent months when our defence worked good and proper.


Well, no, we can't say the same about Boateng, because Alaba has been far better than him, too, lol.

I don't think there's anything about it that's insulting to Lucas. I'm not saying he's never been a good player or that he can't get there. But it's the difference between "assume top condition" and "actual condition". It doesn't matter how good a player is/was, injury recoveries are never crystal clear. Lucas was a great player, yeah, but we have no guarantee he'll get back to that, or how long it will take. It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is with his recovery.
Look at the Sane transfer. Many were ready to pay 100m+ for him pre-injury. How many are willing to pay that much still? FAR less. Why? Because we understand that there's a much bigger risk now. If we could be guaranteed we'd get a pre-injury level Sane, then sure - spend the same amount. But we can't, so it's different.
The same is the case with Lucas as it relates to perhaps selling Alaba. If we could be guaranteed we'd get pre-injury form Lucas here, then selling Alaba would make perhaps more sense. But that guarantee doesn't exist, no matter how much we want it to.

You're right in pointing out that Sule's a question mark, too, but again: that just speaks further to keeping Alaba. Our CBs at the moment:
Boateng: Up and down season. Good in recent weeks, poor prior to that, almost sure to leave
Sule: Out basically all year, second major injury to same knee. Big question mark on recovery
Lucas: Major knee injury last year, big ankle injury this season, form has just been so-so since getting fit
Pavard: Has not been awful, but better at RB than CB and will presumably be RB anyways since Kimmich will stay in midfield
and Alaba: after moving from LB due to CB shortage and Phonzie emergence, has been playing top class in every match at CB. Has not had a major injury in 4+ years.
Mai: not even a big enough factor to really mention, but just in case, lol
And then there's potentially Upamecano, who also had a big knee injury last year.
So out of ~5-6 CBs, one is leaving, two have had major injury problems, one is better at RB, one is a non-factor, and one has been healthy and world-class. And so what's effectively being proposed is that the one healthy and in-form one is allowed to leave because we believe the two players coming off a major injury and long-term recovery will be better options than the fit and in-form one. Is that a bet we should be willing to take?
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4073 times
Been thanked: 3237 times
Gender: Male

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Either way I think he‘ll leave... Why would he hire Zahavi if he wanted to stay?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 21775
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1111 times
Been thanked: 4966 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaaaaa, Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], miera82, peenu and 22 guests