You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: David Alaba [David Olatukunbo Alaba]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Alaba deserves every cent he asks
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Alaba should be treated by Bayern as equal as Mueller.

Giving the boy a blank cheque to fill the number he wants for fuk sake
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Didn't know you guys were paying, so that's fine by me.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Now I think these guys earn more than enough for basically a pastime... That said, I can understand the desire and if he really wants to stay - that’s what he should get... We‘re paying Sané 17m, then surely we can pay one if our own who stuck with us for a decade 3m more...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm

longeleven wrote:Alaba should be treated by Bayern as equal as Mueller.

Except Alaba *does not have a clear starting spot*...

We all love Alaba because he has been here forever, but gotta be realistic, he lost his starting spot at LB, wouldn't start in MF and at CB I'm not sure.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:49 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:09 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:

We all love Alaba because he has been here forever, but gotta be realistic, he lost his starting spot at LB, wouldn't start in MF and at CB I'm not sure.

True about losing the RB spot to Davis, but out of curiosity: who in the current roster is a better option at CB than Alaba?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:12 am

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

True about losing the RB spot to Davis, but out of curiosity: who in the current roster is a better option at CB than Alaba?
At this point, no one, but Hernández should be at least a not-so-hurtful downgrade. There is a huge gap between Thiago and the next guy.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 am

nm462272 wrote:if this is true and it WAS all about money all along, i'll admit i was wrong about Alaba wanting to see somethng new.

One thing does not negate the other, it can perfectly be both but with the right and fair offer on the table I wouldn't be surprised if he signs without second thoughts. We can speculate all day long about the reported Hernandez' 20M salary, true or not, I am convinced that he makes more than what has been offered to Alaba. It is exactly the same situation when Kroos was asking for a salary similar to Gotze's. This is the problem that clubs like Bayern face in today's world and being forced to move away from the traditional way to run the club business, one controversial signing and you have to deal with the rippling effects.

In my opinion, losing Alaba is way ore damaging than losing Thiago or Kroos at the time; in fact, if we manage to extend his contract this will be Bayern's best signing in years.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:At this point, no one, but Hernández should be at least a not-so-hurtful downgrade. There is a huge gap between Thiago and the next guy.

I am not sure that I agree. Thiago is certainly at another level compared to what seems to be his replacement: Goretzka; but put it in context:

1) Thiago is turning 30 and has a long history of injuries
2) Goretzka is 25, on the rise and seems to cope well with the physical demands of the game.
3) Tactically, Flick does not depend as much on Thiago as his predecessors, that's why a double pivot of Kimmich-Goretzka fills the void of not having the unmatched skillset of Thiago
4) As right now, Hernandez is a huge downgrade as CB compared to Alaba. I actually prefer old declining Boateng over Hernandez, he seems to understand better the team, tactics and has a better drive overall.
5) As Left Back (if Davis is not available) Hernandez is unwatchable. Alaba will be just fine going back to his old position.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:02 am

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:At this point, no one, but Hernández should be at least a not-so-hurtful downgrade. There is a huge gap between Thiago and the next guy.

I am not sure that I agree. Thiago is certainly at another level compared to what seems to be his replacement: Goretzka; but put it in context:

1) Thiago is turning 30 and has a long history of injuries
2) Goretzka is 25, on the rise and seems to cope well with the physical demands of the game.
3) Tactically, Flick does not depend as much on Thiago as his predecessors, that's why a double pivot of Kimmich-Goretzka fills the void of not having the unmatched skillset of Thiago
4) As right now, Hernandez is a huge downgrade as CB compared to Alaba. I actually prefer old declining Boateng over Hernandez, he seems to understand better the team, tactics and has a better drive overall.
5) As Left Back (if Davis is not available) Hernandez is unwatchable. Alaba will be just fine going back to his old position.
I don't agree that Kimmich+Goretzka is good enough to be competitive in the CL. It lacks control. The fundamental question is who would be easier to replace, and my answer is Alaba. There a bunch of good enough CBs to replace him (for instance i'd be happy with Upamecano). Thiago otoh is almost imposible to replace, as midfielders with his profile are quite rare (and of his level, I can only think of Kroos). True, not all teams need a controller per se, but I think all TOP teams use one. As to Thiago's age: a player like him does not depend on physical aptitudes, he can age like Xabi or Pirlo. On his injury record; I haven't look at the numbers but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been anything major since that long period between 2014 and 2015 (2016?).

PunkCapitalist

Postby Jorge » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:10 am

No one really knows if the Kimmich+Goretzka combo is good enough for big CL games, we are about to find out. All I can say is: so far, so good. It depends on what you call control, if it is retention and possession, I do not think it is necessarily Flick's game.
At the end of the day Milner-Henderson do not make anyone drool either.
I also take Upa over Alaba as a CB, but overall I think that you diminishing a little what Alaba is. He provides versatility and continuity in the club. Alaba has been with us since age 16. He has a Bayern heart.
I agree that Xabi and Pirlo aged well, and Thiago could as well but both Xabi and Pirlo had a lot of limitation to precisely play big CL matches at that age, that's why neither one won it. Just compare Liverpool's Xabi to Bayern's Xabi, or Milan's Pirlo to Juventus Pirlo. Conversely, I believe that Alaba has a clear trajectory to improve as a CB in the next 2-3 years, he has been getting better and better and CB's do not suffer with age as much as midfielders. I can't say the same about Thiago, I have reasons to believe that he still will be good in his position but certainly not better and most likely will start see to effect of aging.
It is a matter of preference, but I prefer to keep Alaba over Thiago if it comes down to keeping one.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:55 am

1) stop talking about Upamecano (RCB) replacing Alaba (LCB).

2) Alaba has proved he can fill 3 positions (LB, LCB, RCB) with ease: that's three positions, meaning that if he asks for a 15m wage, you have to compare it with the salary of a WC LB + the one of a WC LCB + the one of a decent RCB. Let's say it's 8m + 12m + 6m: that equals 26m in wages. He deserves to be a top earner, on the same level of Lewandowski, Muller and Neuer.

3) He is one of the least injury-prone players in out team so no point in replacing him by buying other injury-prone players such as we did with Hernandez.

4) He is a true leader and makes the team better on a whole. Davies has said many times that having Alaba beside him on the pitch helps him a lot because Alaba dictates when Davies can stay in an attacking position and has taught him a lot about the LB role.
Last edited by tuscanybayern on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:05 am

Give him what he wants. Don't repeat the mistake we did with Kroos. You have no idea how many top clubs out there that are ready to appreciate Alaba. Ffs wake up.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:46 am

Jorge wrote:
nm462272 wrote:if this is true and it WAS all about money all along, i'll admit i was wrong about Alaba wanting to see somethng new.

One thing does not negate the other, it can perfectly be both but with the right and fair offer on the table I wouldn't be surprised if he signs without second thoughts. We can speculate all day long about the reported Hernandez' 20M salary, true or not, I am convinced that he makes more than what has been offered to Alaba. It is exactly the same situation when Kroos was asking for a salary similar to Gotze's. This is the problem that clubs like Bayern face in today's world and being forced to move away from the traditional way to run the club business, one controversial signing and you have to deal with the rippling effects.

In my opinion, losing Alaba is way ore damaging than losing Thiago or Kroos at the time; in fact, if we manage to extend his contract this will be Bayern's best signing in years.
Also says a lot about our signings, so yeah, I have to agree here...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News