You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who would you like to see as the next FC Bayern coach?

Hans-Dieter Flick
28%
Mauricio Pochettino
No votes
Erik ten Hag
40%
José Mourinho
2%
Jürgen Klopp
6%
Thomas Tuchel
2%
Roger Schmidt
No votes
Julian Nagelsmann
4%
Ralf Rangnick
No votes
Arsenè Wenger
4%
Marco Rose
No votes
André Villas-Boas
No votes
Mark van Bommel
2%
Robert Lewandowski as a player/manager
6%
Someone else (Please point out in the comments)
4%

Total votes : 47

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:Apparently we secured Hansi Flick as assistant coach.
Soo... When we kick Kovac out in the middle of the season due to ridiculous underperformance in the CL and BuLi, Hansi takes over?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Underrated post from 23rd June 2019.
Wow I don't remember that post lol. Don't recalling thinking Flick would be anything other than just transitory hahaha

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:10 pm

It's very funny. Hansi Flick was someone no top team would ever consider for its manager under normal circumstances. He was someone who was not a legend of a player and who had never coached a team in top league of any country. In fact, he hadn't managed any team in a decade and a half, and the last team he managed was in the third tier. A top club would have to be silly to appoint someone like that, and if they ever did, the fans would riot and the players probably wouldn't be far behind them.

And yet Hansi Flick, at the age of 55, has proven he has what it takes. In retrospect, not only was he the right appointment in November 2019 and December 2019, he also would have been the right choice, instead of Kovac, in the summer of 2018, and he was available then. He would have been the right choice, instead of Ancelotti, in the summer of 2016, and he was available then. Yet if the board appointed him at either instance, they would have been crucified.

Just something to think about.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:18 pm

We should lock this thread in respect of Flick's achievement. :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:14 am

Manchu wrote:It's very funny. Hansi Flick was someone no top team would ever consider for its manager under normal circumstances. He was someone who was not a legend of a player and who had never coached a team in top league of any country. In fact, he hadn't managed any team in a decade and a half, and the last team he managed was in the third tier. A top club would have to be silly to appoint someone like that, and if they ever did, the fans would riot and the players probably wouldn't be far behind them.

And yet Hansi Flick, at the age of 55, has proven he has what it takes. In retrospect, not only was he the right appointment in November 2019 and December 2019, he also would have been the right choice, instead of Kovac, in the summer of 2018, and he was available then. He would have been the right choice, instead of Ancelotti, in the summer of 2016, and he was available then. Yet if the board appointed him at either instance, they would have been crucified.

Just something to think about.
Well... Chaos theory suggests, it might not have worked out in the same way then...

With all the shit I gave the board, THIS is not something I would want to blame on them...

Kovac aside, the coach appointments mostly made sense... Except maybe for Jupp... Not because he’s a bad choice, but it was clear be would only be there fir a few months and everyone else knew...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby cuil » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:18 am

Yeah. All those hard times contributed to this team becoming what it is. Each coach we went through might not have brought success but they gave a lasting impression to the squad. Something for them to learn. Fans can't let go of Kovac's sportscar analogy, I imagine the whole squad does too.
cuil
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby lau03143 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:59 am

cuil wrote:Yeah. All those hard times contributed to this team becoming what it is. Each coach we went through might not have brought success but they gave a lasting impression to the squad. Something for them to learn. Fans can't let go of Kovac's sportscar analogy, I imagine the whole squad does too.

Part of the unbeaten success of this seasons CL win is due to Kovac. The team learned from the hard times early season, and only with that were they able to move to the next level.

Hansi has been a master at getting the best out of the team.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:21 am

It would be unfair not to mention that Kovac managed 2 of those wins including a massive 7-2.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It would be unfair not to mention that Kovac managed 2 of those wins including a massive 7-2.
Well... He was there...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:49 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Awax » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Although I think Low should be gone by now, that's a real bro move by Flick
Awax
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News