You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who would you like to see as the next FC Bayern coach?

Hans-Dieter Flick
22%
Mauricio Pochettino
No votes
Erik ten Hag
47%
José Mourinho
2%
Jürgen Klopp
7%
Thomas Tuchel
2%
Roger Schmidt
No votes
Julian Nagelsmann
4%
Ralf Rangnick
No votes
Arsenè Wenger
4%
Marco Rose
No votes
André Villas-Boas
No votes
Mark van Bommel
2%
Robert Lewandowski as a player/manager
4%
Someone else (Please point out in the comments)
4%

Total votes : 45

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby OhioFan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Hansi is the man, I even made my wife name her new cat after him. Well actually :^o , we named the cat that when Kovac was still the manager and we named the cat's sister Gerta. :mrgreen:
Karl ad vestut sun blanc osberc sasfret,
Laciet sun elme, ki est a or gemmet,
Ceinte Joiuse, unches ne fut sa per,
Ki cascun jur muet.XXX. clartez.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:14 pm

aterford wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I stand by what I said early in Flick’s tenure. Our performances in the Bundesliga mean little in deciding whether to keep him. We need to see him in the CL: will we make it far? If not how did we get eliminated? Were we simply unlucky, or where we terrible and got the tactics totally wrong? Who eliminated us?

For example unless we are unbelievably unlucky/get cheated I would not accept Flick if he gets eliminated by this Chelsea side, especially if it’s not close, even if he wins the double.

Unfortunately, as we saw last season, it wasn't enough to get the last guy sacked...

Admittedly there's a difference between "fired" and "no new contract," but still..

I don’t get that...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Flick is presently managing on an interim basis. So he can see out the season and not be manager next season and there's no 'firing'. No buyouts or payments past the end of the year, if that's how it goes. Whereas in Kovac's case he was under contract further than just last year, so we either would have to had bought out his contract or something - or get him to 'resign' like what happened this season. But all that to say there is probably a different bar to clear when it comes to getting fired from an existing contract vs simply not being offered a permanent contract from an interim position.

No secret I wanted Kovac fired, but like I said - getting fired in the middle of a contract and simply being allowed to see out the season on an interim basis are sort of different.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:58 am

It depends on board's expectations, if it's sorely up to results like Kovac tenure here then we can't discuss anything. Domestic double obviously & CL quarter finals will be enough for him to stay but with Rummenigge & Kahn I highly doubt that's the situation. Kalle has repeatedly criticized our playing style under Kovac and repeatedly asked for efficient offensive football tactics. I see his comments on Flick and has underlined Flick's interaction with the players and tactical vision of Bayern(offensive style) so ultimately I think he is pro Flick and Odriozola signing confirms what I'm saying otherwise they wouldn't "help him" bringing in a player in a position with a profile that Flick wanted.

As I wrote in another thread, Chelsea games will determine Flick's future at Munich. We have to qualify with at least one convincing game and by convincing I don't mean a Tottenham-like destruction but a solid and dominant game! The tactical ideas of Flick are very interesting and if they let him work in peace with the right transfers he has the profile to succeed here and develop the so-called new era of Bayern.

If we can maintain this level of football domestically and transfer it into the CL I'll stick with Hansi Flick however with an early exit from this Chelsea side with all due respect to Blues then I will think it twice. The board must see the bigger picture here, if they see in Flick tremendous coaching potential and help him with transfers then they should just stick with him even from a defeat from an average Chelsea team. Klopp, SAF in the past, Jupp didn't succeed from the start especially after taking care a problematic team in the middle of the season.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:53 am

Achilles wrote:As I wrote in another thread, Chelsea games will determine Flick's future at Munich.

It's not about Chelsea, but a trust in the coach. If they don't trust him, then he has no future and no Chelsea, Madrid, semifinal or final can change this.

You know that a great nose defines successful transfers of players and coach's selection in every club.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 am

I am noticing that the players trust him a lot ... so I don't see why we should not continue with him if the results arrive (BuLi and Q/F {maybe SF of the UCL)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lahmies » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:44 pm

I think we're in a bit of a vicious cycle. Can't judge a coach's work properly because we don't have a good enough squad; can't build an improved squad until we find a coach we fully trust. How do we solve this?
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:45 pm

Lahmies wrote:I think we're in a bit of a vicious cycle. Can't judge a coach's work properly because we don't have a good enough squad; can't build an improved squad until we find a coach we fully trust. How do we solve this?

Fire fucking Salihamidzic would be job 1
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Rangnick is rumored to be very close in becoming the new Manager (coach and sports director) at AC Milan
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:48 am

Whoever the coach will be I think that the board should reconsider the whole transfer policy. We need to do a serious job in the scouting department, we need more the likes of Davies, Salzburg guys(Haaland,Mane) and BVB's level of scouting Dept. rather than Coutinho & James career restarts. Funny thing, every time we sign a quality player but to restart his career not at his peak everybody in every forum all over the world(including me) refers to Arjen Robben transfer 10-years ago being a jackpot so why not the same happens with the others? :lol:
That's exactly why is called a "jackpot" :P

To get back into my point, the board should do the whole budgeting work, draw a specific profile of "how Bayern plays" and then select the right parts to build a solid backbone (coach, staff, sporting director, scout head) and let them do their jobs. They have to stay a bit more loose on the transfers on hand-picking all the players for the coach, it's not bad to somehow control the whole process and filter the coaches suggestions on transfers but it's too much in Munich. Let it be 50-50 at least, it's a difficult era for a coach to survive not having the players he wants. The interaction of the coach with the board on transfer matters should be bigger.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Achilles wrote:Whoever the coach will be I think that the board should reconsider the whole transfer policy. We need to do a serious job in the scouting department, we need more the likes of Davies, Salzburg guys(Haaland,Mane) and BVB's level of scouting Dept. rather than Coutinho & James career restarts. Funny thing, every time we sign a quality player but to restart his career not at his peak everybody in every forum all over the world(including me) refers to Arjen Robben transfer 10-years ago being a jackpot so why not the same happens with the others?
That's exactly why is called a "jackpot"

To get back into my point, the board should do the whole budgeting work, draw a specific profile of "how Bayern plays" and then select the right parts to build a solid backbone (coach, staff, sporting director, scout head) and let them do their jobs. They have to stay a bit more loose on the transfers on hand-picking all the players for the coach, it's not bad to somehow control the whole process and filter the coaches suggestions on transfers but it's too much in Munich. Let it be 50-50 at least, it's a difficult era for a coach to survive not having the players he wants. The interaction of the coach with the board on transfer matters should be bigger.
James would have been a great transfer if he weren't given to some imcompetent coach who had him on the bench most of the time. Not a Robben-type absolute game changer, but a very very good player for a low price.

But regardless of that, the true problem is in the board. How can you give a 50-50 responsibility for transfers to the coach when you have an incompetent like Kovac at the helm asking for Rebic and Vogt as his dream transfers? Furthermore, how can you trust your transfers to a guy like Brazzo? We won't have a good transfer policy until the board is significantly revamped.

In essence, the problem is that the board has not been challenged for too long, has lost it and no longer has a clear view of what to do. Too many BAD CALLS from THE BOARD (Kroos, extending Robbery beyond their useful time, cheaping out on KDB and Sané, trying too long to keep Jupp despite his reluctance, appointing Kovac, not firing Kovac at the end of his first season or earlier even, appointing Brazzo as sporting Director despite his inexperience, promoting Brazzo to the board... Too many bad calls for us to be truly successful).

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:57 pm

what ?>>>>>>>> Diego Simeone , Atl Madrid ... really ???????? :shock:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:what ?>>>>>>>> Diego Simeone , Atl Madrid ... really ???????? :shock:

Not surprising considering he is the sole reason Atletico have achieved what they have.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 am

The transfer policy I mentioned has nothing to do with Kovac, this policy applies since ages for almost every coach. In the last decade no coach had much authority on the transfers. They forced quite a few players to every coach from Gomez to LvG, to Gotze to Pep and almost everybody to Kovac. While I agree on the Kovac topic, incompetent coach and can't be trusted plus that his recommendations were the likes of Vogts,Rebic,Perisic that's at the same time it's exactly the problem with the current transfer policy at Munich. As much as dumb is to trust an average coach like Kovac to take a huge part into the squad planning equally dumb is to completely ignore the coach's transfer targets YOU hired in the first place.

I don't mean to cross the river and go the EPL standards with the coach having almost complete control but I suggest a more collective approach, you have to sign some players from the coach transfer list and not do the squad planning completely on your own(Carlo,Kovac era) or just hear the profile of the footballer he wants and go out shopping without his consent(Odriozola for example) Let him play his -big- part otherwise you diminish his position and blame your transfer mistakes to him something like what Kovac suffered where he definitely wasn't the only one to blame for the whole terrible squad planning or failed transfers.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News