You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who would you like to see as the next FC Bayern coach?

Hans-Dieter Flick
27%
Mauricio Pochettino
No votes
Erik ten Hag
42%
José Mourinho
2%
Jürgen Klopp
7%
Thomas Tuchel
2%
Roger Schmidt
No votes
Julian Nagelsmann
4%
Ralf Rangnick
No votes
Arsenè Wenger
4%
Marco Rose
No votes
André Villas-Boas
No votes
Mark van Bommel
2%
Robert Lewandowski as a player/manager
4%
Someone else (Please point out in the comments)
4%

Total votes : 45

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 am

Never heard of him before and am not surprised as he only managed three games with the national tm
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Quique Setien was once a very famous footballer in Spain as he played for Atletico and the Spanish NT

He has 73 appearances for Atletico and THREE for the NT.

Your view on "very famous" footballers certainly is way off. I consider Sebastian Deisler more known by all football fans in Europe, even though he retired at 27. Jens Jeremies is like Messi in his famous-ness for this Setien guy. Pls dont exaggerate.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm

He coached Betis and led them to 6th place and European competitions after 5 years.
Nevertheless, he was the first coach who won in the same season Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético in their own backyard, the first one who managed to achieve that after 18 years.

I think he's going to improve Barcelona, but he'll also have to replace few old players and increase running stats per match in the club.

New start requires new, younger and energic players. Unlike Bayern, they have a squad that can still lead them to all trophies in way demanding league and domestic cup + European cup.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:32 pm

I said famous IN SPAIN. I meant he was very popular IN Spain, not outside
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:25 pm

aterford wrote:Supposedly they have already been turned down by Xavi (reliable sources) as well as Koeman and according to unreliable sources Poch has turned them down too (If you recall, not too long ago he talked about how he would never manage Barca, Arsenal, or Rosario Central). Now they are saying leading candidates is perhaps Quique Setien..

This could be Bayern we're talking as well :lol:

Barcelona was a terrible squad planning too but the media and some shiny footballers are keeping them fresh, good and winning titles and of course they have Messi. Just look at their coaches after Pep and then their respective squads. It's tremendously unbalanced in favor of the squad, the coaches are way below both as status and names but also in coaching skills.

Messi is just so good that everybody keeps their jobs because of him, coaches, presidents, football directors, agents and making the footballers look better than they actually are...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Achilles wrote:
aterford wrote:Supposedly they have already been turned down by Xavi (reliable sources) as well as Koeman and according to unreliable sources Poch has turned them down too (If you recall, not too long ago he talked about how he would never manage Barca, Arsenal, or Rosario Central). Now they are saying leading candidates is perhaps Quique Setien..

This could be Bayern we're talking as well :lol:

Barcelona was a terrible squad planning too but the media and some shiny footballers are keeping them fresh, good and winning titles and of course they have Messi. Just look at their coaches after Pep and then their respective squads. It's tremendously unbalanced in favor of the squad, the coaches are way below both as status and names but also in coaching skills.

Messi is just so good that everybody keeps their jobs because of him, coaches, presidents, football directors, agents and making the footballers look better than they actually are...

True, I might go as far as saying that Barcelona's trajectory might look even worse than ours. Only their present state is looking considerably better.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 pm

zozon wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Quique Setien was once a very famous footballer in Spain as he played for Atletico and the Spanish NT

He has 73 appearances for Atletico and THREE for the NT.

Your view on "very famous" footballers certainly is way off. I consider Sebastian Deisler more known by all football fans in Europe, even though he retired at 27. Jens Jeremies is like Messi in his famous-ness for this Setien guy. Pls dont exaggerate.

I'm sure Kovac and Flick are much more prominent players huh?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:45 pm

How do you pronounce his name?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:59 am

Quique -> Kick Air

Just don't pronounce the "r"

Quique is the short for Enrique
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 am

"Not even in my wildest dreams could I have imagined being here, I am quite an emotional person and today is a special day for me," Setien said after signing his contract in front of the media. 

"Yesterday I was walking past cows in my village and today I am at Barca, coaching the best players in the world. This is the pinnacle for me." 
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:07 pm

I say this as a big fan of ten Hag but I am interested to hear your responses to this prompt:

Make a case for why Bayern should still pursue hiring ten Hag at the end of the season rather than offering a long-term contract to Flick.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:11 pm

aterford wrote:I say this as a big fan of ten Hag but I am interested to hear your responses to this prompt:

Make a case for why Bayern should still pursue hiring ten Hag at the end of the season rather than offering a long-term contract to Flick.
Kimmich keeps playing at midfield. Nuff said.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:33 pm

aterford wrote:I say this as a big fan of ten Hag but I am interested to hear your responses to this prompt:

There never was, but also too early to make the case for Flick. Have to see his CL performance.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:46 pm

I stand by what I said early in Flick’s tenure. Our performances in the Bundesliga mean little in deciding whether to keep him. We need to see him in the CL: will we make it far? If not how did we get eliminated? Were we simply unlucky, or where we terrible and got the tactics totally wrong? Who eliminated us?

For example unless we are unbelievably unlucky/get cheated I would not accept Flick if he gets eliminated by this Chelsea side, especially if it’s not close, even if he wins the double.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I stand by what I said early in Flick’s tenure. Our performances in the Bundesliga mean little in deciding whether to keep him. We need to see him in the CL: will we make it far? If not how did we get eliminated? Were we simply unlucky, or where we terrible and got the tactics totally wrong? Who eliminated us?

For example unless we are unbelievably unlucky/get cheated I would not accept Flick if he gets eliminated by this Chelsea side, especially if it’s not close, even if he wins the double.

Unfortunately, as we saw last season, it wasn't enough to get the last guy sacked...

Admittedly there's a difference between "fired" and "no new contract," but still..
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News