You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who would you like to see as the next FC Bayern coach?

Hans-Dieter Flick
4%
Mauricio Pochettino
No votes
Erik ten Hag
48%
José Mourinho
4%
Jürgen Klopp
7%
Thomas Tuchel
4%
Roger Schmidt
No votes
Julian Nagelsmann
7%
Ralf Rangnick
No votes
Arsenè Wenger
11%
Marco Rose
No votes
André Villas-Boas
No votes
Mark van Bommel
4%
Robert Lewandowski as a player/manager
7%
Someone else (Please point out in the comments)
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:''We're also lacking a proper defensive midfielder something that he repeatedly asked for with no success.''

they could have decided not to accept his demands on purpose ...

Why do you constantly think the players and board don’t want to win?
Idk my impression is that they want to get rid of the coach

Nah, they're not that clever...

Also, @FCBM, it's more conspiracies that ramsej thinks about...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:39 pm

I thought Rangnick didn’t want to coach anymore??
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:It's kind of funny because I think Kovac is doing a much better job with Hansi Flick as his assistant this year. His last season double was incredibly lucky and due to the fact that Dortmund were in miserable form for the second half of the season. Tactics were way off and squad management extremely poor.

I actually think he is being quite unlucky this season and just to make it clear, I'm one of those who wants him gone since November last year. But even if he is an average coach and tactician I think the team has clearly improved and luck has not been by our side recently. Call it injuries, key players being out of form or unlucky goals conceded. We're also lacking a proper defensive midfielder something that he repeatedly asked for with no success.

And I'm sorry to go back to the old James story, but with him in the team instead of Coutinho we would be so much better and Thiago's poor form wouldn't be so noticeable. It's a shame that things didn't work out between him and Kovac.

And with that being said, I wouldn't mind to stick to Kovac until the end of the season as long as Ten Hag is his replacement. Stay away from Allegri, Mourinho, Pochettino and other underwhelming options. Ten Hag is the man.

I know you people like offensive and maybe thrilling soccer, I do too, but IMHO that’s bullocks, on the contrary: we were lucky... Could’ve been 2 or even 3-0 against Tottenham when we equalized out of nowhere, we were lucky twice at Schalke, utter shit against Hoffenheim and we deserved to concede twice every **** game - ridiculous defense... Nothing got better!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:32 am

YlonenXabi wrote:It's kind of funny because I think Kovac is doing a much better job with Hansi Flick as his assistant this year. His last season double was incredibly lucky and due to the fact that Dortmund were in miserable form for the second half of the season. Tactics were way off and squad management extremely poor.

I actually think he is being quite unlucky this season and just to make it clear, I'm one of those who wants him gone since November last year. But even if he is an average coach and tactician I think the team has clearly improved and luck has not been by our side recently. Call it injuries, key players being out of form or unlucky goals conceded. We're also lacking a proper defensive midfielder something that he repeatedly asked for with no success.

What the hell are you talking about? The first half of 2018/19 was a tactical mess, but the half was not. Our team play was much improved in just about every aspect and we were able to consistently create many good chances every game while conceding very few. You could claim that our only plan was to give the ball to our forwards and wait for them to work magic, but in fact our midfield and defense were able to easily move the ball forward, while our forwards were being supplied enough space and time to pick out great passes, and so on. Even Coman was productive, and when that happens you know the system is working well. Obviously the Liverpool games were a big stain on our team's performance, but other than that we generally played great.

The puzzling thing for me was that the coaching staff decided to tear all of that down instead of trying to build on it, which leads directly into our struggles this season. Most obviously, this took the form of trying to implement a 4-3-3 with a double 8 and Thiago as a 6 again, even though this was the very formation that had been so disastrous in the fall of 2018. I cannot help but wonder if Flick might have had a negative influence here.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:46 am

Manchu wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? The first half of 2018/19 was a tactical mess, but the half was not. Our team play was much improved in just about every aspect and we were able to consistently create many good chances every game while conceding very few. You could claim that our only plan was to give the ball to our forwards and wait for them to work magic, but in fact our midfield and defense were able to easily move the ball forward, while our forwards were being supplied enough space and time to pick out great passes, and so on. Even Coman was productive, and when that happens you know the system is working well. Obviously the Liverpool games were a big stain on our team's performance, but other than that we generally played great.

The puzzling thing for me was that the coaching staff decided to tear all of that down instead of trying to build on it, which leads directly into our struggles this season. Most obviously, this took the form of trying to implement a 4-3-3 with a double 8 and Thiago as a 6 again, even though this was the very formation that had been so disastrous in the fall of 2018. I cannot help but wonder if Flick might have had a negative influence here.
Ten Hag plays the 4.3.3 as well...

Although imo he can and we have the players (,if fit) to adopt it to 3.4.3

Manu

Pavard Suele Lucas

Kimmich Thiago Tolisso/Leon Alaba

Gnabry. Lewa. Coman/Sane

Total football
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:27 am

I like this formation but we'd need more central defenders.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am

MUTU wrote:I like this formation but we'd need more central defenders.

Lukas Mai should be given a chance, I don't think Pavard is better than him in CB. 8)
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 am

bmguy wrote:
MUTU wrote:I like this formation but we'd need more central defenders.

Lukas Mai should be given a chance, I don't think Pavard is better than him in CB. 8)

Wut
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:28 am

Richards and we have that Scottish beast :thumbup:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:57 am

ramsej84 wrote:Richards and we have that Scottish beast :thumbup:

richards is injured btw sorry for ot
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:59 am

DRvad14 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Richards and we have that Scottish beast :thumbup:

richards is injured btw sorry for ot

:evil: :oops: :oops:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Manchu wrote:What the hell are you talking about? The first half of 2018/19 was a tactical mess, but the half was not.

Obviously the Liverpool games were a big stain on our team's performance, but other than that we generally played great.

:shock:

I guess you probably had better things to do and missed both games vs Ajax, the embarrassing performance against Düsseldorf, the one when we were humiliated by Gladbach at home and plenty of other piss poor performances like against Hertha, Augsburg or Hoffenheim

But yeah, if you exclude those ones we had a fantastic first half of the season. Finishing the year 7-8 points behind Dortmund was a great achievement
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:33 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Manchu wrote:What the hell are you talking about? The first half of 2018/19 was a tactical mess, but the half was not.

Obviously the Liverpool games were a big stain on our team's performance, but other than that we generally played great.

I guess you probably had better things to do and missed both games vs Ajax, the embarrassing performance against Düsseldorf, the one when we were humiliated by Gladbach at home and plenty of other piss poor performances like against Hertha, Augsburg or Hoffenheim

But yeah, if you exclude those ones we had a fantastic first half of the season. Finishing the year 7-8 points behind Dortmund was a great achievement

Mate, you understood the complete opposite of what he said. Though I disagree with his actual meaning too.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Manchu » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:42 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say that "the second half was not." The fall of 2018 was terrible, the spring of 2019 was much less so.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:47 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Manchu wrote:

Ten Hag plays the 4.3.3 as well...

Although imo he can and we have the players (,if fit) to adopt it to 3.4.3

Manu

Pavard Suele Lucas

Kimmich Thiago Tolisso/Leon Alaba

Gnabry. Lewa. Coman/Sane

Total football

Total infirmary
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News