You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Who do you want as the next Bayern coach?

Nagelsmann
16
32%
Favre
4
8%
Kovač
8
16%
Streich
0
No votes
Weinzierl
0
No votes
Stöger
0
No votes
Pochettino
8
16%
Allegri
1
2%
Simeone
3
6%
Conte
1
2%
Fonseca
2
4%
Jardim
0
No votes
Schmidt
0
No votes
Luis Enrique
1
2%
Dave Müller (Thomas' horse)
6
12%
 
Total votes : 50

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:no one is expecting miracles from Jupp; we all know we cant play like we did in 2013.but is nice too see the old man decided to help us when the club needed

I don’t know why, but my hopes have gone up a bit since Carlo got sacked. I can see us qualify from the Group stage in the CL and win against Leipzig in the Cup. Dortmund drop points in a couple of games and we could be right back in the thick of things.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 490 times
Been thanked: 801 times

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Sydney » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:42 am

That some think of Jupp as being too old saddens me.

This is about bundling energies, about making the most of the current squad, and what a squad it is! I don't know what Hoeness and Pep ate and drank at the Italian the other day, but I am going to make these brave statements:

    1) Bayern's future went live six weeks ago https://fcbayern.com/us/news/2017/08/pr ... naugurated
    2) A certain type of first team coach is required to promote young players, and Tuchel has the goods.
    3) Nagelsmann right now is unavailable, and signing Tuchel now would have created issues with some of the existing players. Hoeness and Rumenigge decided that they needed more time to either accommodate Tuchel, re-visit Nagelsmann, or clear the decks for someone else. Heynckes is the perfect choice to buy this kind of time.
    4) The players adore him, and the bad karma is going to be officially history as of Monday.
    5) The official announcement is coming once Heynckes' choice of assistant and fitness coach can be confirmed. Unlike Ancelotti, he won't bring his son as assistant coach, his daughter's boy friend as nutritionist, and a chain smoking friend as fitness coach.
Sydney
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:45 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 63 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Jorge » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 am

Sydney wrote: I don't know what Hoeness and Pep ate and drank at the Italian the other day (...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 1103 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby rthebest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 am

Apparently they were in talk with Tuchel but the talks took too long. Also Heynckes hasn't accepted the offer.
User avatar
rthebest
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 263 times
Been thanked: 319 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

Tuchel was actually a number one option for Rummenigge. From what I've read the situation looked like this:

Rummenigge wanted Tuchel. Hummels confirmed that he was asked about Tuchel and that he gave his opinion about him. Some papers reported that Watzke talked with Bayern and said that Tuchel is a difficult man to work with.
Apparently Rummenigge contacted Tuchel and they had a long talk over the telephone. Tuchel didn't instantly agree to coach Bayern. He had his demands regarding transfer philosophy and basically he wanted to build a new Bayern, a new project. Rummenigge then partly had to agree that Tuchel is not a "yes" man (not that there is anything wrong with that) but that Bayern would have to abandon a lot of their philosophy to match Tuchel's vision of the new team.
But at the end it didn't matter because it was Hoeness who powered his way through to signing Heynckes (he didn't want Tuchel for some reason, probably just because he is in opposition to Rummenigge and that was yet another way for him to fight for influences) because he couldn't get Nagelsmann right now (other paper reported that Nagelsmann was actually keen on coming right now and asked Hoffenheim if there is such an option but of course they said no way). So Heynckes is appointed till the end of the season and Nagelsmann will come in 2018.

There is also 1% chance that it's going to be Loew or Klopp but almost all signs suggest it will be Nagelsmann.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 am

User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby RedQueen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 am

Borusse wrote:Tuchel was actually a number one option for Rummenigge. From what I've read the situation looked like this:

Rummenigge wanted Tuchel. Hummels confirmed that he was asked about Tuchel and that he gave his opinion about him. Some papers reported that Watzke talked with Bayern and said that Tuchel is a difficult man to work with.
Apparently Rummenigge contacted Tuchel and they had a long talk over the telephone. Tuchel didn't instantly agree to coach Bayern. He had his demands regarding transfer philosophy and basically he wanted to build a new Bayern, a new project. Rummenigge then partly had to agree that Tuchel is not a "yes" man (not that there is anything wrong with that) but that Bayern would have to abandon a lot of their philosophy to match Tuchel's vision of the new team.
But at the end it didn't matter because it was Hoeness who powered his way through to signing Heynckes (he didn't want Tuchel for some reason, probably just because he is in opposition to Rummenigge and that was yet another way for him to fight for influences) because he couldn't get Nagelsmann right now (other paper reported that Nagelsmann was actually keen on coming right now and asked Hoffenheim if there is such an option but of course they said no way). So Heynckes is appointed till the end of the season and Nagelsmann will come in 2018.

There is also 1% chance that it's going to be Loew or Klopp but almost all signs suggest it will be Nagelsmann.

That's how I see the situation, too; and that part is what I'm worried about:

it was Hoeness who powered his way through to signing Heynckes (he didn't want Tuchel for some reason, probably just because he is in opposition to Rummenigge and that was yet another way for him to fight for influences)


Just a bit of information re: Nagelsmann: Alexander Rosen (Hoffe's SD) just said on Sky that there have been no inquiries from Bayern over Nagelsmann and he understands that JN will stay with Hoffe beyond summer 2018.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 1128 times
Gender: Female

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:02 pm

If so, then Hoeness might be making a move for Loew or Klopp. I don't see any other reasonable candidates for the job.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Why is everyone blaming Hoeness for that failed Tuchel deal?? It is clear Rummenigge talked to him so that means he already had the nod from the board, he isn't exactly soft stuff to deal with according to his last TWO teams and former players didn't exactly jump overboard when they heard he was coming.

To me the biggest loser is Tuchel. He had the chance to coach the biggest team in Germany other than Dortmund and blew it for some inexplicable reason. TBF, none is more picky than Guardiola, and yet they managed to work together without a hitch. So why is everyone blaming Hoeness when he's known to have a good relationship with people who he works with?

Just say'n.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 1012 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby bastos80 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Is it confirmed that the Tuchel deal failed?
We haven't heard a single thing concerning this from Bayern, Tuchel or his agent...
Maybe he just doesn't want to take over middle of the season. He'll want to prepare. If it doesn't work out this season he'll already be criticised before next season starts...
-------------- Lewandowski
-- Coman ------ Havertz ----- Neres
------------- Thiago -- Tolisso
Alaba ---- de Ligt ---- Süle ---- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6625
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 2427 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby RedQueen » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Guardiola wasn't required to clean up a mess in the middle of the season. Saying "these are the conditions under which I believe I can do this" is only fair in the current situation. Fair to the club, actually, fairer than painting a rose-coloured picture merely to get a job you have doubts you can succeed with given the circumstances. Don't see how this is being a loser in any way.

Why am I blaming Hoeneß? Because everything I'm reading in Germany points to it that the whole trainer discussion is being instrumentalised in a power struggle between UH and KHR over who has the final say in the club. I've even read (from people who are usually well connected) that the big bang is imminent and that Kalle will be history soon. How much of this is true we'll see soon enough.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 1128 times
Gender: Female

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby bastos80 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:36 pm

I wish Uli would step-back from professional football.
He doesn't have to step down as a president. I appreciate his commitment to our youth football. He clearly isn't suited for modern football anymore.
-------------- Lewandowski
-- Coman ------ Havertz ----- Neres
------------- Thiago -- Tolisso
Alaba ---- de Ligt ---- Süle ---- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer
User avatar
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6625
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am
Location: Germany
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 2427 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Jorge » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Borusse wrote: but that Bayern would have to abandon a lot of their philosophy.


I thought this already happened :?
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Nashville, USA
National Flag:
Åland Islands
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 1103 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm

tflags wrote:Why is everyone blaming Hoeness for that failed Tuchel deal?? It is clear Rummenigge talked to him so that means he already had the nod from the board, he isn't exactly soft stuff to deal with according to his last TWO teams and former players didn't exactly jump overboard when they heard he was coming.

To me the biggest loser is Tuchel. He had the chance to coach the biggest team in Germany other than Dortmund and blew it for some inexplicable reason. TBF, none is more picky than Guardiola, and yet they managed to work together without a hitch. So why is everyone blaming Hoeness when he's known to have a good relationship with people who he works with?

Just say'n.


I wrote down the reports I've read and these reports came from the most knowledgeable guys I know in regards to Bundesliga, they don't make stuff up. The Rummenigge-Hoeness battle for influences is actually a thing.

The reason it didn't work with Tuchel is because Hoeness didn't want Tuchel not because Tuchel blew it. There were talks happening between him and Rummenigge. Why Hoeness didn't want Tuchel is a different matter but that he didn't is a fact according to what I've learnt.
User avatar
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 am
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 1158 times
Gender: Male

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:59 pm

RedQueen wrote:Guardiola wasn't required to clean up a mess in the middle of the season. Saying "these are the conditions under which I believe I can do this" is only fair in the current situation. Fair to the club, actually, fairer than painting a rose-coloured picture merely to get a job you have doubts you can succeed with given the circumstances. Don't see how this is being a loser in any way.

Why am I blaming Hoeneß? Because everything I'm reading in Germany points to it that the whole trainer discussion is being instrumentalised in a power struggle between UH and KHR over who has the final say in the club. I've even read (from people who are usually well connected) that the big bang is imminent and that Kalle will be history soon. How much of this is true we'll see soon enough.


With all due respect Queen what mess are you talking about? Tuchel had to take over a team which flirted with relegation for most of the previous year under the same coach that took them to the CL final a year prior. What mess is Tuchel requested to clean? Five points off the table top? Really? The same exact team has won the league already probably more than twice give or take a few players; now with reinforcements minus a Portuguese.

As for the struggle well it certainly sells newspapers now doesn't it? For all we know these guys can be playing Monopoly in there and smoking cigars. Now granted, no two people can have the same opinions all the time but you are making it sound like this is the freaking white house.

There's proven facts that the two teams from professional football where Tuchel coached have been negative about his professionalism. Now why is it so hard to think that the guy just acted like a coaching diva when he knew Bayern came asking for his services? I'm not sure why are we blaming someone else for it.

If he thinks he can't manage with a team that has won the league repeatedly and almost had Real out last year because Vidal missed a penalty then he is going to have a hard time finding a place to work . . . anywhere.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 1012 times
Been thanked: 3125 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bastos80, gumboduncan, Hardrade, SemrushBot [Bot] and 7 guests