You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official coach transfer thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Who do you want as the next Bayern coach?

Nagelsmann
34%
Favre
9%
Kovač
17%
Streich
No votes
Weinzierl
No votes
Stöger
No votes
Pochettino
13%
Allegri
2%
Simeone
6%
Conte
2%
Fonseca
4%
Jardim
No votes
Schmidt
No votes
Luis Enrique
2%
Dave Müller (Thomas' horse)
11%

Total votes : 47

Re: Official coach transfer thread

Postby Lahmies » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Looks like we have no choice but Tuchel. Hopefully we won't rant over his 4141 formation with Thiago as the single DM.

Oh come on mate. Tuchel is more versatile than that.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Sydney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:49 am

A few thoughts:

I am struggling to understand how such an experienced coach can stuff things up for himself so badly. The Guardian newspaper suggests that Ancelotti will leave Munich with his reputation intact. I disagree. Big fail. https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... tti-bayern

Hoeness wasn't going to wait and watch for most of the season as he did with Klinsmann and LvG (in year 2).

Heynckes' work in Munich can't be rated highly enough. And those who think/thought that Guardiola failed in Munich might have to think again.

Heynckes suggested back in Feb 2013 that Tuchel is "predestined to coach Bayern at some stage in the future".
https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bund ... kunft.html

Interesting times.
Last edited by Sydney on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sydney
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alduin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:20 am

I am not happy with the decision to part ways with Ancelotti specially now that the rumors of bad behavior, riot and tantrums by five players are spreading like wildfire. If the rumors are true, then the Board is spineless as they should have intervene in favor of the coach and not the players. They should have made a example of the players, you can not empower people with that behavior and bad work ethics. If you don't like something you must prove that there is another option with good work ethics and amazing results. Also, if true it will cause mistrust for future coaches.

The other reason I don't like this decision is because it also seems to be a hot-headed idea. It may come to haunt us this season and even the next one if we pick a bad coach that may need to be removed and it could have a snowball effect in future seasons and transfer market.

I hope the board also plan to deal with the rumored players if the rumor is true and tell them that if they don't deliver they will be separated from the first team, there must be no reward for that kind of behavior. To be honest, some of the rumored players should be sold or the contracts terminated at the end of the season if everything is proved to be true.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:33 am

Sydney wrote:A few thoughts:

I am struggling to understand how such an experienced coach can stuff things up for himself so badly. The Guardian newspaper suggests that Ancelotti will leave Munich with his reputation intact. I disagree. Big fail.

Hoeness wasn't going to wait and watch for most of the season as he did with Klinsmann and LvG (in year 2).

Heynckes' work in Munich can't be rated highly enough. And those who think/thought that Guardiola failed in Munich might have to think again.

Heynckes suggested back in Feb 2013 that Tuchel is "predestined to coach Bayern at some stage in the future".
https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bund ... kunft.html

Interesting times.

Most of English and Italian press are literally sucking Carletto’s !
Clueless people all over the internet outraged over Bayern’s decision. Fools the lot of them. If you like Ancelotti so much why don’t you have him! For me Carlo is finished as a top class manager. Him and Wenger are past their sell by date. I cannot see Ancelloti lead another top European club to major success in the future.

And I didn’t know that the great Jupp had said that about Tuchel. Very interesting indeed!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 am

Alduin wrote:I am not happy with the decision to part ways with Ancelotti specially now that the rumors of bad behavior, riot and tantrums by five players are spreading like wildfire. If the rumors are true, then the Board is spineless as they should have intervene in favor of the coach and not the players. They should have made a example of the players, you can not empower people with that behavior and bad work ethics. If you don't like something you must prove that there is another option with good work ethics and amazing results. Also, if true it will cause mistrust for future coaches.

The other reason I don't like this decision is because it also seems to be a hot-headed idea. It may come to haunt us this season and even the next one if we pick a bad coach that may need to be removed and it could have a snowball effect in future seasons and transfer market.

I hope the board also plan to deal with the rumored players if the rumor is true and tell them that if they don't deliver they will be separated from the first team, there must be no reward for that kind of behavior. To be honest, some of the rumored players should be sold or the contracts terminated at the end of the season if everything is proved to be true.

To be fair the same rumors are also saying that Ancelotti effectively stopped communicating with players entirely, did things like told Boateng he would play vs PSG and then left him out of squad, and supposedly just posted a sheet showing the starting XI and said nothing about it or gave no explanation. Suffice to say I don't think it's all on the player/players by any means.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ander_ct » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:10 am

I'm seriously worried about the behavior of some players, they can't decide who stays or who goes... The disrespectful message on Twitter and Instagram, from Ribery it's just an example, they​ gotta know they're employees like other ones.

Pep, LvG and now Carlo, who is right Ribery or them?
IN BAYERN WE TRUST
ander_ct
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Columbia

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am

ander_ct wrote:I'm seriously worried about the behavior of some players, they can't decide who stays or who goes... The disrespectful message on Twitter and Instagram, from Ribery it's just an example, they​ gotta know they're employees like other ones.

Franck won’t be a problem for too long. This is in all likelihood his last season with Bayern.

Also, I usually don’t support player rebellions either but on this occasion I am willing to make an exception because something just didn’t feel right with the Italian at the helm and things were progressively getting worse with each passing day and there were no signs of things getting better anytime soon.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Sydney » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:18 am

ander_ct wrote:I'm seriously worried about the behavior of some players, they can't decide who stays or who goes... The disrespectful message on Twitter and Instagram, from Ribery it's just an example, they​ gotta know they're employees like other ones.

Heynckes and Hitzfeld.
Sydney
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 am

Ancelotti has a lot to do with losing control of his own players.

Coaches typically establish a hierarchy and assign roles and responsibilities, Ancelotti's idea of rotating the team to keep everyone happy backfired because once you enter that mode any alteration in the rotation order based on factors beyond control is perceived as unfair.

A team needs to have a preferred starting 11 + 2-3 alternatives, then 5-6 players in queue based on the calendar requirements. The starters understand that they will be challenged each week by the 2nd choice players and the 2nd choice players understand that they have to work hard to displace those above and make the most out of their chances in the limited time that they will have.

There will be certain games when the B squad can be fielded and important games where the absolute best XI is needed, in between there can be 50 shades of grey. That's how the managers (coaches) that found success over long periods of time did it.

As an example, equating Süle to Hummels for the most important game of the season because all players in the squad enjoy the same status does not benefit anyone. In an ideal scenario Süle will have to work his butt off to bench Hummels. Ribery, at 34 and slowing down rapidly, needed to be explained his role and responsibilities in the team from the get go. Looking back in retrospective, fielding Alonso throughout last season was sending the wrong message for our aging stars in what could be their last season as well.

Some are claiming that Bayern did not buy worldclass players for Ancelotti, I am not sure we would have been much better. As I said in another post our $60M players look like $30M players right now, our $40M players look like $20M players and our $20M players look amateur.

Was this due to ineffective training methods? Lack of motivation? No tactical plan? I am thinking right now it is all of the above.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:30 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:James will most likely go back to RM after this year, that's why the loan deal... Corentin, probably wasn't all Carlo.
IMO there is no chance whatsoever that we let James go. He is a world class player and we're getting him for cheap.

Based on how he played in the most important game of the season we are paying too much for him already but he will have many opportunities to change that and if he earns it he will stay.

BTW, Isn't Ancelotti a world class coach as well?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:41 am

Something relevant for this conversation: Julian Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim lost 1:2 at Bulgarian Ludogorets Razgrad today after taking an early lead.

Now, after 2 games Hoff is dead last in their Group with zero points in a Group that does not seem too strong (Braga, Ludogorets Razgrad and Istanbul Basaksehir).

Nagelsmann is an outstanding coach but at this moment he lacks experience to coach a team like Bayern Munich.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby America USA » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:48 am

Jorge wrote:Something relevant for this conversation: Julian Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim lost 1:2 at Bulgarian Ludogorets Razgrad today after taking an early lead.

Now, after 2 games Hoff is dead last in their Group with zero points in a Group that does not seem too strong (Braga, Ludogorets Razgrad and Istanbul Basaksehir).

Nagelsmann is an outstanding coach but at this moment he lacks experience to coach a team like Bayern Munich.

You sir have spoken the honest truth many don’t want to hear. Kudos for that!
:-({|=
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:51 am

Dev0307 wrote:I am all for Tüchel. Imo he is a great tactican and simmilar playing style to heynckes. Attacking football but not at the expense of an open defense. I am tired of watching us passing around only to be countered by Real, Atletico and now PSG. We need to take a step back in our own half of the pitch invite pressure and then hit on fast paced attacks like in heynckes' era.

1. Tuchel
2. Favre
3. Low
4. Sagnol out the year then nagelsman
I'd say Tuchel is like Pep, except he isn't a fundamentalist :')

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 am

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:James will most likely go back to RM after this year, that's why the loan deal... Corentin, probably wasn't all Carlo.
IMO there is no chance whatsoever that we let James go. He is a world class player and we're getting him for cheap.

Based on how he played in the most important game of the season we are paying too much for him already but he will have many opportunities to change that and if he earns it he will stay.

Well... On the evidence of our current season, there are a few players who would be irrational not to sell, including Alaba, Müller, Lewy, Thiago, Vidal and Hummels...

So I say we better stick to what we know the players are actually ABLE to produce instead of evaluating them on the evidence of what they have done this season so far. That being said, of course, if James is on his second year here and is not panning out, then we surely should let him go.... But that is highly unlikely.

PunkCapitalist

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 am

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Well... On the evidence of our current season, there are a few players who would be irrational not to sell, including Alaba, Müller, Lewy, Thiago, Vidal and Hummels...

So I say we better stick to what we know the players are actually ABLE to produce instead of evaluating them on the evidence of what they have done this season so far. That being said, of course, if James is on his second year here and is not panning out, then we surely should let him go.... But that is highly unlikely.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News