You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Christian Pulisic [Christian Mate Pulisic]

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

I don't care about Dortmund anymore. Last time I checked Aubameyang, Dembele, Guendogan and Mkhitaryan didn't sign with Bayern :shock:

I think this boy will be world class in a near future. If the board decides he's what we're looking for, then please sign him quick [-o<

I don't think he will be playing for Dortmund after next season
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't care about Dortmund anymore. Last time I checked Aubameyang, Dembele, Guendogan and Mkhitaryan didn't sign with Bayern :shock:

I think this boy will be world class in a near future. If the board decides he's what we're looking for, then please sign him quick [-o<

I don't think he will be playing for Dortmund after next season

Yup, this. Not saying I prefer to pick apart Dortmund - In general, I like to try and respect their club and I like to see that mirrored in our club's transfer dealings. If we need a winger and Dortmund and another outside club have a winger of the same quality for the same price, I'd prefer we buy from the 'other' club.

That being said.
I'd MUCH rather see us buy a talent from Dortmund than see them leave the BL (as said, Pulisic will probably leave either way)
AND.... If Dortmund has the player we need, GET him. If we identify a need, I don't want to see us buying from some other club and 'settling' just because we don't want to upset Dortmund or be seen as bullies or something. At the end of the day, you do what's best for Bayern on the pitch. If Pulisic is that guy, it doesn't matter where he's coming from.

I'm not sure anything will happen this season. I think Pulisic will want to see how Dortmund's summer goes and who their next coach is (and ours). But if there's even the slightest hint he wants to move - we'd be foolish to not go all-in after securing his signature. Need to be like sharks here - once the first drop of blood hits the water - feeding frenzy. Go get our man.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Larhm wrote:YESSSS!!! Lets get their best player now and see flocks of fans jumping their boat. Useless club. All the best Bundesliga players are in one team now.

I think you’re less of a Bayern fan and more of a troll. Players moving to other clubs within the same league happens everywhere. Toljan, Dahoud and Philipp all moved from different BL clubs to Dortmund in the summer. Bernardeschi moved from Fiorentina to Juventus. Ziyech to Ajax. Mbappe to PSG. Ceballos left Betis for Real Madrid. Walker left Spurs for Man City. Liverpool raid Southampton on a regular basis. Kante left Leicester for Chelsea. Sanchez left Arsenal for United. I could go on and on and on.

The fact is Dortmund are a selling club and they cannot compete financially (salary wise) with the other big boys. As said above Auba, Mkhi, Dembele, Gundogan all left for Non-Bayern clubs. The allegation levelled against Bayern are baseless and immature.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 pm

America USA wrote:
Larhm wrote:YESSSS!!! Lets get their best player now and see flocks of fans jumping their boat. Useless club. All the best Bundesliga players are in one team now.

I think you’re less of a Bayern fan and more of a troll. Players moving to other clubs within the same league happens everywhere. Toljan, Dahoud and Philipp all moved from different BL clubs to Dortmund in the summer. Bernardeschi moved from Fiorentina to Juventus. Ziyech to Ajax. Mbappe to PSG. Ceballos left Betis for Real Madrid. Walker left Spurs for Man City. Liverpool raid Southampton on a regular basis. Kante left Leicester for Chelsea. Sanchez left Arsenal for United. I could go on and on and on.

The fact is Dortmund are a selling club and they cannot compete financially (salary wise) with the other big boys. As said above Auba, Mkhi, Dembele, Gundogan all left for Non-Bayern clubs. The allegation levelled against Bayern are baseless and immature.

Dortmund buys more Bundesliga players than we do, anyways
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby La Bestia Negra » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 pm

aterford wrote:
America USA wrote:

Dortmund buys more Bundesliga players than we do, anyways

Well tbf the argument is that we buy the players of our closest competitor, thus making it impossible to compete with us and Dortmund are considered number 2 so who they buy from aren't competition to win the league. However, this is also a baseless argument, no current world class players go to anywhere but Bayern or outside the league. Dortmund is just a stepping stone at this point for most
"The name's Bond, James Rodriguez"
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Larhm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:42 am

America USA wrote:

Please don't get me wrong. I would love Bayern to get great players regardless of where they are coming from. However, my point is Bundesliga is losing a lot of good players right now. Apparently only we are able to keep and attract players, therefore eventually our first XI will become Bundesliga's First XI. If we were to go for the last talent that they have as well, it wont reflect well on us and the league. The league is screwed any ways. You can't deny that its not as exciting any more watching Bayern games when you know that we will win. Only the UCL left that gets me pumped up.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 am

^ It is not Bayern’s responsibility to make sure the BL is “competitive.” Bayern’s only concern has to be winning stuff and delivering success for the fans. Bayern sold two of their players to direct rivals as well (Gotze and Rode) Since the start of 2018 BvB have drawn three games (even with Auba), so how is Bayern responsible for their rivals dropping points? It is up to the BL teams to become more consistent in the League matches.

As for buying players from other German clubs. As long as Bayern are not blatantly tapping up like Barca does and as long as Bayern are not getting into any illegal behind the scenes pre contract then there is no problem with acquiring talent from other clubs.

And I don’t think you have watched our recent BL games. None of our last six BL wins (despite the score line) have been a cakewalk. Neither has Bayern’s Pokal run so far been straight forward. I find Bayern’s BL/Pokal games pretty exciting although I agree that CL matches are a bit more anticipated simply because Bayern are up against the crème de la crème of European football.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Joshgod » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:39 am

America USA wrote:^ It is not Bayern’s responsibility to make sure the BL is “competitive.” Bayern’s only concern has to be winning stuff and delivering success for the fans.

Agree, but a healthy league is good both for Bayern and the fans.
Schalke, Bayer, Dortmund and other teams have turned into selling clubs, developing and then selling great players. Of course, there's nothing Bayern can do about that; but one thing, stay away from their players. Pulisic and Bailey are exceptional young players and I would love to have either of them, but it would be better, IMO, to go after players from other leagues (Draxler,Malcom,Neres).
The thing is, that even if we get Pulisic for 80m (hypothetically) Dortmund will replace him with an X 17-year-old from Y' academy...so will Schalke and so will Bayer. They make some good runs on Champions League every once in a while and then they sell out -again.
They got 200m from the sales of Dembele and Aubameyang and all they got was Sancho, Yarmolenko, another young prospect from Basel and another one from Barca. You just can't compete like that...They should've made those signings plus a world class attacker and/or defender.
Is Bailey and Pulisic leaving for England? Let them be. That's how I see it, doesn't mean I'm right but I think it hurts our image and Bundesliga may -gradually- hit a new low, or maybe not.
I know Dortmund has like 15 players from other Bundesliga teams and everyone seems OK with it, we don't need to follow. Not at the moment.

*Of course, when there's a chance like Leon's you don't need to think about it, just grab it.
Joshgod
Getting the hang of it

Postby soul-railgun777 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 am

^For bayern is less risky to buy players that have already played in the bundesliga, there is no point to make riskier signings if those teams are still gonna sell their best players. It would make sense if they tried to built a team, but if they are going to still sell them we should try to get some of those players too.
soul-railgun777
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 pm

American members,

I have an idea bout Pulisic. He came from Hershey, PA. I have never been there, I don't know if it belongs to a part of the rust belt, but it seems close enough. And Dortmund, as a part of the Ruhr region, could probably be the "rust belt" of Europe. Did he join BVB because he saw a bit of his hometown in the city? Or was it part of the reason he joined?

And also, I looked up the new Amercian signing, Taylor Booth. I see people around saying, Munchen is like Denver, or Salt Lake City. And yes, Taylor comes from SLC.

So. If we really want Pulisic, we might want to convince him, living in Denver/SLC is fun and clean, and better than living in the rust belt. But don't make him want to go to BIG BIG BIG cities for an overload of fun.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

If anything, Denver and SLC are like Munich...
is Hershey where Hershey‘s gets its name from?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 pm

#12 wrote:If anything, Denver and SLC are like Munich...
is Hershey where Hershey‘s gets its name from?

I think that's what he was trying to say (That SLC and Denver are like Munich) and yes - it's where their headquarters are.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Yeah but I think it’s important to point out that it’s not the other way around
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 am

#12 wrote:Yeah but I think it’s important to point out that it’s not the other way around

Denver, like Munich. Really?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am

Well, there’s mountains nearby
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany