You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Callum Hudson-Odoi [Callum James Hudson-Odoi]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Callum Hudson-Odoi [Callum James Hudson-Odoi]

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm

aterford wrote:
T4L10N wrote:I would much more prefer experience over talent as the 4th winger option. However, as things stand right now, bring him and we gonna sort out something with his playing time.

Yeah it's kind of two different approaches. With Perisic we had someone who was perhaps more consistent and didn't need as many minutes or "rhythm" and could just step in whenever. But I think that you could probably also say that Perisic's "consistency" could be described as low ceiling, high floor. On the other hand you could probably describe CHO as more high ceiling, low floor. Probably has the potential to turn in better performances, but suspect part of the growing process is that when he has a bad day it's probably going to be worse (or less effective, at least) than Perisic's "average" performance.

There are some merits to both approaches IMO. Like many others I was super pleased with how Perisic turned out for us - way better than expected - but at the same time we all knew it wasn't a long-term solution...and I think that we probably could say that with a fit Gnabry, Coman, and Sane - Perisic probably wouldn't have been much of a threat to start. And I don't think CHO would be right away, but I think that his "higher ceiling" is such that perhaps some time down the road (maybe sooner than later) he could mount a legitimate challenge for starting minutes. So perhaps with regard to this season it could be said as such: With a healthy set of wingers (Gnabry, Coman, Sane), Perisic offers more consistency in "depth" but is less likely to push for a starting spot, whereas perhaps CHO offers a greater likelihood of competing for starting minutes but less consistency in "depth" roles.

So, like I said, two different approaches, different merits to each.

Completely agree, well said. I personally prefer Perisic due to instant impact this season only. We should be fine over next 5-10 years with Sane/Gnabry/Koman if all goes well, just need Perisic kind of Guy each season on top of that no matter we get him on loan or not.
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 pm

If I was CHO I would be feeling some type of way that as the only healthy wide player on the squad, Lampard decided to go with Mount and Havertz anyways.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:If I was CHO I would be feeling some type of way that as the only healthy wide player on the squad, Lampard decided to go with Mount and Havertz anyways.....

Yeah, additionally taking into account that Havertz was wasted on the wing I think
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:12 pm

T4L10N wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:If I was CHO I would be feeling some type of way that as the only healthy wide player on the squad, Lampard decided to go with Mount and Havertz anyways.....

Yeah, additionally taking into account that Havertz was wasted on the wing I think

And remember this is with Pulisic and Ziyech out injured. It is very weird to see CHO still struggling for playing time when Lampard was vocal on wanting him to stay. As the saying goes "there is no smoke without fire" so maybe the rumors of Bayern's interest may have some credibility behind it.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

And remember this is with Pulisic and Ziyech out injured. It is very weird to see CHO still struggling for playing time when Lampard was vocal on wanting him to stay. As the saying goes "there is no smoke without fire" so maybe the rumors of Bayern's interest may have some credibility behind it.

There are 3 possible scenarios then: 1) he is no longer planned to continue with Chelsea; 2) he was injured (never heard that though); 3) he is not good enough
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:

Yeah, TBH I think it kind of sent a message in the first place when they talked about how he is an important player for them and then proceeded to invest heavily in other attackers all summer long....We wouldn't say "no, you can't buy Fein, he's important for us" and then proceed to spend 200m on other midfielders and not play him...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 pm

aterford wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:[quote="Firefox1234"]If I was CHO I would be feeling some type of way that as the only healthy wide player on the squad, Lampard decided to go with Mount and Havertz anyways.....

Yeah, TBH I think it kind of sent a message in the first place when they talked about how he is an important player for them and then proceeded to invest heavily in other attackers all summer long....We wouldn't say "no, you can't buy Fein, he's important for us" and then proceed to spend 200m on other midfielders and not play him...[/quote]Yup, instead we sell a top midfielder and a depth player with no additional signings and end up being much worse
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 pm

I know that's a half-joke (well, kind of...hahaha) and you know I don't totally agree with that approach BUT actually that's kind of my point. If I'm a guy like Fein who's about to join the senior side and I see they're about to let their best midfielder go and not replace him...I'm viewing that as a big vote of confidence in me and the other guys. On the other hand if I'm CHO and I wanted to leave but was told how important I was to Chelsea and given can't-refuse money to stay only to see them go buy a ton of other attackers and play them ahead of me, I'm thinking just the opposite - these guys must not trust me, must not be as important to them as they said....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:57 pm

aterford wrote:I know that's a half-joke (well, kind of...hahaha) and you know I don't totally agree with that approach BUT actually that's kind of my point. If I'm a guy like Fein who's about to join the senior side and I see they're about to let their best midfielder go and not replace him...I'm viewing that as a big vote of confidence in me and the other guys. On the other hand if I'm CHO and I wanted to leave but was told how important I was to Chelsea and given can't-refuse money to stay only to see them go buy a ton of other attackers and play them ahead of me, I'm thinking just the opposite - these guys must not trust me, must not be as important to them as they said....
Well, yeah, but Fein is a mediocre player on Rudy level at best... I mean it’s not like Kimmich who was consistently carrying Leipzig, a newly promoted team... Who was very successful in youth teams... Fein had a mediocre season in 2. Bundesliga at HAMBURG of all places...
Fein will never be Bayern material...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby munchen99 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:I know that's a half-joke (well, kind of...hahaha) and you know I don't totally agree with that approach BUT actually that's kind of my point. If I'm a guy like Fein who's about to join the senior side and I see they're about to let their best midfielder go and not replace him...I'm viewing that as a big vote of confidence in me and the other guys. On the other hand if I'm CHO and I wanted to leave but was told how important I was to Chelsea and given can't-refuse money to stay only to see them go buy a ton of other attackers and play them ahead of me, I'm thinking just the opposite - these guys must not trust me, must not be as important to them as they said....
Well, yeah, but Fein is a mediocre player on Rudy level at best... I mean it’s not like Kimmich who was consistently carrying Leipzig, a newly promoted team... Who was very successful in youth teams... Fein had a mediocre season in 2. Bundesliga at HAMBURG of all places...

Exactly. Nice to have sub who loves the club. Homegrown Perisic AT BEST.
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BigBoss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:26 am

Sane, gnabry, coman and CHO with lewa and muller! Thats too scary, i think some teams won't even show up to play against them :lol:
BigBoss
Getting the hang of it

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:48 am

#12 wrote:

not that I think he's going to be the new star midfielder at Bayern, but that is selling him a bit short. His second half was pretty mediocre, but his first half was good, and it wouldn't be the first time we've seen players dragged down by a poor team around them. Hamburg is a dumpster fire anyways. So I think Fein MAY surprise us if he's given a bit of play time.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

another injury prone winger, no thanks.
We should have kept Singh :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:another injury prone winger, no thanks.
We should have kept Singh :evil:

How is he injury prone? He's had a total of 4 injuries, two of which lasting one week.

Also Singh doesn't play in the same position.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News