You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bernd Leno

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Bernd Leno

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am

According to BILD, FC Bayern are after 25 year old German goalkeeper Bernd Leno, who has been capped 6 times for Die Mannschaft and is currently on the books of Bayer 04 Leverkusen. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bernd Leno

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:39 am

According to BILD, FC Bayern offered Ulreich + cash for Leno, which was rejected by Leverkusen. Leno has a transfer release clause of €18m which becomes active in July.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 am

Ulreich is better :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 am

A bogus rumor IMO. Why on earth would Bernd Leno sign for Bayern at the age of 25. He's the third-fourth best German GK and he's playing at a good club in Germany every week. Could easily play in the Premier League-Spain if he wants to leave Leverkusen. Why would he throw his career away to stay on the bench at Bayern? Absolutely 0% chance that he signs for Bayern when Neuer is still here.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am

Unless Neuer's injury is much more serious than reported, I don't see any chance for a top GK like Leno to accept a very short-term starting spot and then stay on the bench indefinitely.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:Ulreich is better :wink:

Definitely one of the biggest mistakes made by VfB Stuttgart 5 years ago - get rid of Leno so Ulreich could be no. 1.

Leno is awesome goalkeeper, but it's pretty clear that he won't sign for Bayern just to replace Neuer while the latter is absent due to injury. Makes no absolutely sense for him.

If Neuer and ter Stegen are no. 1, ie no. 2, Leno is definitely the 3rd best German GK for many years. I haven't been watching their games and highlights for many years, but I do remember how great Leno was and if I'm not mistaken he was no. 2 in the last Confederations Cup who also played one game in the group stage.

All in all, it shall only remain on a rumor and nothing more.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm

In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Makes no sense all around. Foolish for Leverkusen, foolish for Leno, and IMO not a huge upgrade for us. Of course if Ulreich's injury is serious and Neuer remains out longer than expected, sure....but really - on current form, I might be tempted to say that Ulreich is playing as well as Leno at the moment, provided he's healthy.....

But it seems to have been refuted by the club, so, done
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 pm

It's interesting to see which battles Bayern pick. I mean, it's not the first time Bild write absolute horse shit about a "possible transfer". What made this one so special that it warranted a reaction?

Last time we actively denied a transfer rumour with an official statement, was when we were linked with Ronaldo. I then suggested we might've been in talks with James Rodriguez, and the statement was a gesture towards Real, that we weren't doing stuff behind their backs (to keep the negotiating relationship good).....and well....James eventually did end up in Bavaria. What if, we're working on someone else from Neverkusen, and don't want to upset that negotiation? My guess would obviously be Brandt, but with a release clause there...could it be someone else???
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Ulreich's performances made up my mind, Sven is decent GK and in good age to keep rely on him as a back up GK, we completely ignored him since he came and that affected him now that he feels free somehow because of Neuer's certain absence and with Heynckes backing him up shows stability and confidence, I don't want to dump him because he doesn't deserve it, even when Manuel comes back I think that Pokal games should be on Ulreich plus 6-7 league games as well.

Bernd Leno has bigger potential and it would be really nice to have him as a back up but truth is that he didn't live up to the expectations yet and I'm going to say that currently Ulreich is better than him or at least equal.

Now if Ulreich has a serious injury and he'd be sidelined for 1-2 months then OK we can't rely on Starke obviously.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Leno is a good choice for no. 1, but not no. 2. He isn't that sort of character that he'll decide to leave his career aside to join Bayern and warm the bench for the next 7 years.
He is a material for starting 11, not for the bench. That was the reason why he left Stuttgart and moved to Leverkusen, specially 6 years ago(when he was 19) in those sensitive years when a GK lacks top quality football experience, when he's still a promising talent and can't count on the safe place in the first 11.

It's more than obvious that you can't have two top GKs in the team. No team can handle that. Once Chelsea got Curtois back, Čech was a surplus in the team and he was sold to Arsenal where there was an open space between the posts.

I think we have never had better backup GKs as we have now and over the last 3-4 years. Starke and Ulreich were no. 1 in their previous teams and they changed that for Bayern. One can't ask more from them.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 pm

You know the drill.

Ulreich with Jupp > Leno.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 am

IsiahRashad wrote:You know the drill.

What about Leno with Jupp?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 am

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:You know the drill.

What about Leno with Jupp?
If i have to be honest, i don't think that Leno is such a better update than Sven. Will be better to use the extra money for a new winger.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:54 am

Roonzil wrote:It's interesting to see which battles Bayern pick. I mean, it's not the first time Bild write absolute horse shit about a "possible transfer". What made this one so special that it warranted a reaction?

Well it came at a tricky time. My first reaction when reading this rumour was "holy sh!t Neuer is really injured." My second thought was the team didn't trust Ulreich. Then Bild publishes these news around the time Ulreich didn't get to the starting lineup.

Being a reactionary measure, I'm certain some agent or boss got upset, made a big fuss about it in house and the team solved the issue with a simple and fast legal threat via their web page.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News