You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Do you think Arjen Robben's contract should be extended?

Yes, extend him ASAP.
33%
Let's wait and see how well he fares.
19%
No, time for him to leave or retire.
48%

Total votes : 21

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm

SilverX wrote:Teams fear Robbery

They fear Robbery. They know they're the danger men. They mark them with 2-3 players each and shut them out of the game, and Bayern can't do anything without them.

That's exactly our problem. We are way too dependent on Robbery, and have become too predictable. Of course Ribery is part of this problem, but I think that Robben is much more predictable and more of a trouble maker than Ribery (with his teammates, at least).

Sometimes, having someone less known is actually better. Look at the first half of the first game against Real Madrid. Now ok, Ribery is not an unknown, but Mourinho completely overlooked him and focused only on Robben, and Ribery ended up being very dangerous in that half.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Arjen Robben

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't know about them fearing Robbery as much ss they used, these days teams are focusing on taking out Super Mario, especially in the Madrid game when Ramos and Pepe spent the whole series double teaming him and isolating him from the midfield making it hard for Robbery to make any outlet passes to Gomez
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know about them fearing Robbery as much ss they used, these days teams are focusing on taking out Super Mario, especially in the Madrid game when Ramos and Pepe spent the whole series double teaming him and isolating him from the midfield making it hard for Robbery to make any outlet passes to Gomez

Him too, but they still try to mark Robbery out of the game
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilverX » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Yea, but when teams mark them with 2-3 people we have others on the field that need to take up the responsibility to change the game.

Ultimately its on the coach. You guys act like Robben and Ribery play like that because they feel like it, its the tactics the coach puts out for them to execute.

I'm not blaming Yupp for the performances but I sure as hell blame him for not changing things when they aren't working.

When Barcelona plays they can go down the wings with they players but then if that fails, they have individuals like Xavi to go down the middle and stir up the defense, our players don't. They only know one of the two, they can't combine them in one single game to save their lives lol.

And teams still DO fear Robbery, they try their best to cover and mark them with multiple players knowing that we have a coach that can't change his tactics.....
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm

We also have Jennings who can replace Robben. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Arjen Robben

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm

^ Agree. And to all the Robben extremists (I'm looking at you SilverX). His playing style will NOT change. His attitude will only get worse, so will his skills. Ribery, meanwhile, has aged well and gotten through bigger problems. Aside from an injury plagued season, he also had allegations of sleeping with an underage prostitute. He bounced back up and is now who I consider to be the star of the team. What has Robben done? Get injured, sit out a few months, and do shit for the next few? No thanks...
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 pm

BayernLove wrote: he also had allegations of sleeping with an underage prostitute.

It was more than allegations :P It was a fact.

BayernLove wrote: What has Robben done? Get injured, sit out a few months, and do shit for the next few? No thanks...

Besides Ribery, I didn't see our other players doing a better job than Robben when it mattered most. Just because he is a bastard does not mean that he takes the blame for all our shit the past season.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Arjen Robben

Postby BayernLove » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Actually, him being a bastard matters. A lot.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:10 pm

So you basically mean that teams having a bad campaign are better off selling their bastard players? Well this would have made the Free Agents list include the likes of C.Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Sneider, Robben, Nasri, etc.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Arjen Robben

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:36 am

Robben redefines diva. Not to mention he's majorly injury prone and is a bigger bastard than most others on your list.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby SilverX » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 am

MoFattal,

Its no use, some people on here just like to hate on one person and blame everything on him (Robben) and especially BayernLove.

No one seems to be blaming Yupp, Gomez, and co. Just Robben. Sad that people think that he is the reason for the bad season, but in 2010 every single person that is bashing him now is talking sh!t and act like they are fans. GTFO

Go support someone else if ur blaming an entire season on one guy especially when u say comments such as "what has he done? Got injured and sit out." A player loves to get injured and told by the COMPANY the DOCTOR to sit out because they WILL NOT let a multimillion dollar investment get worse..........

Its one thing to criticize a player or team and another is to talk sh!t and constantly bitch and complain, and its what most especially BayernLove are doing. Bayern supporters? My @ss.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pfisterz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 am

MoFattal wrote:Besides Ribery, I didn't see our other players doing a better job than Robben when it mattered most. Just because he is a bastard does not mean that he takes the blame for all our shit the past season.

he shouldn't take all blame, but there is plenty for arjen. somewhere between him choking in every big game (not just for munich) and missing every big PK or refusing to step up to the spot altogether he should be looked at as a major source of disappointment.
pfisterz
Hey, I'm new here!

Arjen Robben

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 am

SilverX wrote:MoFattal,

Its no use, some people on here just like to hate on one person and blame everything on him (Robben) and especially BayernLove.

No one seems to be blaming Yupp, Gomez, and co. Just Robben. Sad that people think that he is the reason for the bad season, but in 2010 every single person that is bashing him now is talking sh!t and act like they are fans. GTFO

Go support someone else if ur blaming an entire season on one guy especially when u say comments such as "what has he done? Got injured and sit out." A player loves to get injured and told by the COMPANY the DOCTOR to sit out because they WILL NOT let a multimillion dollar investment get worse..........

Its one thing to criticize a player or team and another is to talk sh!t and constantly bitch and complain, and its what most especially BayernLove are doing. Bayern supporters? My @ss.

Dont u always find a way to blame Gomez even after having amazing seasons? :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Arjen Robben

Postby BayernLove » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:08 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
SilverX wrote:MoFattal,

This. And that's exactly what I mean about SilverX sucking up some Robben ass.
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:47 am

BayernLove wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

This. And that's exactly what I mean about SilverX sucking up some Robben ass.

I'm sorry but I have to comment on that point there regarding Mario. Don't get me wrong, I'm OK with Gomez and would laugh off any suggestions that he be sold. But, you cannot go on with all these bashing on Robben without throwing a punch or two at Gomez. Look back at last season and you can notice the two having a very similar performances on a game-to-game basis. When we are on a rout, Robben is the best player in the world and Gomez is devastatingly lethal. But again, when we are on a stagnate, both suck bad. I can't remeber a "decisive" game last season in which Gomez was good and Robben was bad. You cannot blame Robben for missing a penalty (which is JH's fault, again I repeat) and a couple of chances and ignore all those sitters that Gomez missed during the Dortmund and Chelsea games. Yet, I see half (or maybe more I don't know) the active forumers here wanting Robben transfered out while I don't think there exists a Gomez transfer topic. If your argument is that Robben is a selfish prick, than I would tell you this: If Gomez had a 1/3 of Robben's ego instead of having a fatally fragile self-confidence, he would have been decisively much more effective when it came to the BIG games.

P.S. To avoid any confusion of further controversy, please note that I am against the sale of either, so don't consider this a Robben bias and Gomez bashing. It's just about being fair when assessing our players' performance for ONE season.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News