You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Do you think Arjen Robben's contract should be extended?

Yes, extend him ASAP.
33%
Let's wait and see how well he fares.
19%
No, time for him to leave or retire.
48%

Total votes : 21

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby Jorge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 pm

pyrasur wrote:I'm honestly worried for him. Not to talk shit about American soccer, but I can see defenders not knowing what they are doing and then injuring Robben. I still have bad memories of Bayern playing MLS all-stars in that friendly and Schweinsteiger getting hurt.

Ironically you are talking shit about Schweinsteiger himself since he plays mainly as a CB now, so if Robben comes to MLS, Bastian will be one of those defenders.
Personally, I would love to see Robben reuniting with Bastian in the Chicago Fire this summer. I will get front row tickets.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:45 am

That doesn’t follow but ok
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:12 pm

pyrasur wrote:That doesn’t follow but ok

The level of play in MLS is certainly not high but it is not necessarily as brutal as you make it sound, and Robben gets injured even while sleeping. BTW, in the incident that you refer to (MLS All Stars vs Bayern) the player that went rough on Bastian was Ozzie Alonso, a midfielder.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Very well. Correction: I can see MLS “players” not knowing what they are doing.

Obviously when I say “can see”, that means every MLS player is shit and has always been shit including Schweini and (if he joins) Robben. I was not referencing the type of player Arjen would most likely come up against as a winger, assuming of course he isn’t converted to central defense.

In case you didn’t get that, that was sarcasm.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Arjen Robben

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:25 pm

I’m being an ass but honestly all you had to say was lead with your “the level of play in MLS is not that bad” statement. Instead of making some weird defense of MLS defenders by insinuating I’m trashing Bastian and then throwing MLS midfielders under the bus. I was clearly making a broad statement out of all MLS defenders there’s a fraction that are more likely to injure Robben, who is indeed made of glass... that’s why he’s going to get hurt.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:00 pm

pyrasur wrote:I’m being an ass but honestly all you had to say was lead with your “the level of play in MLS is not that bad” statement. Instead of making some weird defense of MLS defenders by insinuating I’m trashing Bastian and then throwing MLS midfielders under the bus. I was clearly making a broad statement out of all MLS defenders there’s a fraction that are more likely to injure Robben, who is indeed made of glass... that’s why he’s going to get hurt.

Chill out, I understood what you were saying but at the same time if Robben comes he still can rip defenders apart, look at Ibra at 37, same for Villa, same age and still playing, then Rooney might go for a while. I seldom watch MLS on TV but I catch a few games live each season and for the most part is not rough. Robben will be fine.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News