You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Do you think Arjen Robben's contract should be extended?

Yes, extend him ASAP.
33%
Let's wait and see how well he fares.
19%
No, time for him to leave or retire.
48%

Total votes : 21

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 1:10 pm

nm462272 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

76% would like Robben's contract extended. Sorry #12 :mrgreen:

people must have a short memory... he was really poor and ineffective most of the season.

Could it possibly be your perception?

Average WhoScored ratings in the Bundesliga:
  1. James (7.68)
  2. Lewandowski (7.52)
  3. Vidal (7.49)
  4. Dorsch (7.45) <--- technically, 90 minutes is not enough to list him IMO
  5. Thiago (7.40)
  6. Mueller (7.32)
  7. Robben (7.31)

5 goals and 5 assists in 1518 minutes, which puts him 4th in the top assisters and 6th highest scorer (of the scorers above him only Wagner and Vidal have played fewer minutes)

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/37/Show ... ern-Munich
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

MUTU wrote:
nm462272 wrote:
MUTU wrote:76% would like Robben's contract extended. Sorry #12 :mrgreen:

people must have a short memory... he was really poor and ineffective most of the season.

Could it possibly be your perception?

Average WhoScored ratings in the Bundesliga:
  1. James (7.68)
  2. Lewandowski (7.52)
  3. Vidal (7.49)
  4. Dorsch (7.45) <--- technically, 90 minutes is not enough to list him IMO
  5. Thiago (7.40)
  6. Mueller (7.32)
  7. Robben (7.31)

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/37/Show ... ern-Munich

certainly could be my perception, sure. but man... he was looking really gassed at the end of the season, to the point where people were begging that Jupp not play him in the 1st leg vs RM
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 1:18 pm

nm462272 wrote:certainly could be my perception, sure. but man... he was looking really gassed at the end of the season, to the point where people were begging that Jupp not play him in the 1st leg vs RM

Yes I was one of them, but only because he was forcing Thiago to the bench. Simply because I preferred Thiago to play doesn't mean Robben's crap. In fact when I saw him playing against RM, I swallowed my words. For all of five minutes. Those five minutes where it looked like Heynckes was great in his decision to play Robben. After that, we virtually only attacked from one side of the pitch.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
nm462272 wrote:certainly could be my perception, sure. but man... he was looking really gassed at the end of the season, to the point where people were begging that Jupp not play him in the 1st leg vs RM

Yes I was one of them, but only because he was forcing Thiago to the bench. Simply because I preferred Thiago to play doesn't mean Robben's crap. In fact when I saw him playing against RM, I swallowed my words. For all of five minutes. Those five minutes where it looked like Heynckes was great in his decision to play Robben. After that, we virtually only attacked from one side of the pitch.

i actually feel the same as you about this - i was pleasently surprised (for those 5 minutes, at least :mrgreen: ). But maybe where my frustration comes from is not so much Robben himself, but the fact that I think it's an excuse for Bayern management not to buy another winger.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Now, I'm not saying he should definitely be extended, I'm not even sure which side of the fence I sit on. I just think that whatever the decision would be, it wouldn't be fully undeserved, because the decision isn't clear-cut IMO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Just extended!

yay...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 11, 2018 2:06 pm

BREAKING

@ArjenRobben and @R13_official have extended their contracts at #FCBayern by one year! #FCBayern #MiaSanMia
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:07 pm

there it is... goodbye additional winger :(

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Whatever floats your boat. In the meantime, neutral fans are pretty decided that Bayern were really unlucky not to progress to the final due to various reasons. And I doubt they can say it to the same extent about any other club that faced Real Madrid in the last 3 years.

In top matches you need luck. When was the last time we were eliminated without referee mistakes and without dominating our opponent?
2017/18: referee mistakes + dominated opponent
2016/17: referee mistakes
2015/16: dominated opponent
2014/15: deservedly lost. This is the last time Bayern truly deserved to be eliminated. And we still won 3-2 against Barcelona in the 2nd leg.

It’s just not true... It relies on your perception of "deserving"...
How come when we are shit against RM we deserve to go through? Because of a ref mistake? We were eliminated deservedly... And every Bayern fan I know personally said the same... You can still complain about the ref and even rightfully so, but that’s just not an objective evaluation of that shit sorry excuse for soccer we put on the field in these two games...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 pm

MUTU wrote:

He didn’t even make it to five minutes WITH the extensive time he was treated...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernFL117 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Nice, now that that's done were good on the wingers part. Time to go get some more midfielders!

Lol
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:13 pm

MUTU wrote:Now, I'm not saying he should definitely be extended, I'm not even sure which side of the fence I sit on. I just think that whatever the decision would be, it wouldn't be fully undeserved, because the decision isn't clear-cut IMO.

If you take his age into account and the very fact that we WANT to be a top club, there IS just one clear cut decision left... And it’s way overdue... Think wingers will get cheaper? Start growing on trees? Become less desirable?
That decision is going in the same direction we are: downhill...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Whatever floats your boat. In the meantime, neutral fans are pretty decided that Bayern were really unlucky not to progress to the final due to various reasons. And I doubt they can say it to the same extent about any other club that faced Real Madrid in the last 3 years.

In top matches you need luck. When was the last time we were eliminated without referee mistakes and without dominating our opponent?
2014/15: deservedly lost. This is the last time Bayern truly deserved to be eliminated. And we still won 3-2 against Barcelona in the 2nd leg.

How come when we are shit against RM we deserve to go through? Because of a ref mistake? We were eliminated deservedly... And every Bayern fan I know personally said the same... You can still complain about the ref and even rightfully so, but that’s just not an objective evaluation of that shit sorry excuse for soccer we put on the field in these two games...

Sure, here's my perception of a deserved win. It's when the referee mistakes are NOT in your favour and when you create the biggest amount of clear scoring chances.

This season against Real Madrid, the referee mistakes were clearly in their favour and we had a bigger xG.
Last season against Real Madrid, the referee mistakes were clearly in their favour.
The previous season against Atletico Madrid, we had a bigger xG and dominated.
It was only in 2014/15, against Barcelona, with injuries, that we deserved to be eliminated.

Since the 1st leg against Barcelona in the season 2014/15, we have either deservedly won, undeservedly lost, or had a referee f**k us.

Can you remember more recent matches where the referee was fair (or favoured Bayern) and yet we were dominated on the pitch?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

Sure, here's my perception of a deserved win. It's when the referee mistakes are NOT in your favour and when you create the biggest amount of clear scoring chances.

This season against Real Madrid, the referee mistakes were clearly in their favour and we had a bigger xG.
Last season against Real Madrid, the referee mistakes were clearly in their favour.
The previous season against Atletico Madrid, we had a bigger xG and dominated.
It was only in 2014/15, against Barcelona, with injuries, that we deserved to be eliminated.

Since the 1st leg against Barcelona in the season 2014/15, we have either deservedly won, undeservedly lost, or had a referee f**k us.

Can you remember more recent matches where the referee was fair (or favoured Bayern) and yet we were dominated on the pitch?

Well, first of all I should point out that the - scientifically proven - concept of Bayern-Bonus doesn’t appeal to me much either...

I agree with most of what you wrote... Yet I don’t think that we even deserved to still stand a chance in last year's second leg...

Dominating doesn’t necessarily mean being the better team... We dominated Wolfsburg when we lost 4–1... We dominated at Atlético... Barca dominated against Roma...

I even agree that we put up a good display this year... But if we’re back to being shit next year you people will still point to this year and how we made the semifinals, ignoring that it'll then be two coaches that couldn’t get out what ONE (i.e. Jupp) got out of them - overperformance...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 pm

#12 wrote:I agree with most of what you wrote... Yet I don’t think that we even deserved to still stand a chance in last year's second leg...

We can never know. The referee was brutal. If he had done his job well, Casemiro would have been sent off and Vidal would have been more cautious as a result. From then on it'd have been impossible to say with certainty who'd have progressed, but I would have fancied our chances against 10 men in that match.

#12 wrote:Dominating doesn’t necessarily mean being the better team... We dominated Wolfsburg when we lost 4–1... We dominated at Atlético... Barca dominated against Roma...

I'm not going to tell you what your definition of the 'better team' should be, because everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, yet here's mine:
Dominated opponent + won => Well-deserved victory
Dominated opponent + draw => Deserved to win
Dominated opponent + lost => Undeserved, unlucky loss.
Got dominated + lost => Well-deserved loss
Got dominated + draw => Deserved to lose.
Got dominated + won => Very lucky victory.

#12 wrote:I even agree that we put up a good display this year... But if we’re back to being shit next year you people will still point to this year and how we made the semifinals, ignoring that it'll then be two coaches that couldn’t get out what ONE (i.e. Jupp) got out of them - overperformance...

Look, if we are 'back to being shit', which I last remember around a decade ago, then I already said I would agree with you that we're not a top team anymore. But you've been saying it all throughout this season (and the last), despite that you "agree that we put up a good display this year".
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News